June 2020 Moms

October Randoms

Re: October Randoms

• Daughter’s school has hand foot and mouth... ugh I am going to be mad if I get sick this first tri...  thank goodness I got a flu shot before I got pregnant!
  • dirftmd said:
    Daughter’s school has hand foot and mouth... ugh I am going to be mad if I get sick this first tri...  thank goodness I got a flu shot before I got pregnant!
    Ew. Good luck! That stuff is the worst.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @saladflambe I’m fascinated about the Ambien during labor. I don’t know if it just affects me differently but that stuff is crazy for me. I first took it years ago when the standard dose was 10mg or something. I swear the next day it was noon or so when I realized I had *just* sobered up. And I was at work. Which I had driven to. Even when I started cutting them in 3, I still basically had blackouts on it. 

@rabbitmama09 Hahaha. Until the part where it gave me a flashback to a time when I went to put my shirt on and some lint fell out. I went to brush it off of my stomach but it was a gigantic spider. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @dirftmd noooo!!! That ones the worst. My daughters had it three times. I hope you escape it!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail when you say surprise pregnancy, do you mean like “oops, I had no idea I was pregnant?!?” or team green?  We didn’t find out with my first and I totally plan to do the same with this one.  It was fun not knowing until the birth!

Also, not a homebirther but I did have an pain med-free induced water birth at the hospital after my originally planned unmedicated birth at the birthing center had to change at the last second.
  • I’m curious, does anyone’s doctor recommend getting the flu shot if you haven’t gotten it yet? I work in health care so have to either get it or decline by the end of the month. I’m pretty positive I remember asking about this last pregnancy and my doctor said it was fine although She doesn’t recommend it in first tri. I called yesterday and the receptionist said she was pretty sure they recommend getting it at any time, but I’m a little freaked out getting it sometime in the next two weeks before I even have my first ultrasound. I might call our employee health office today and see if they offer the preservative-free version, because I’m pretty sure they ask you if you’re pregnant before you get the shot. 
  • @chaos-and-coffeehttps://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/flu-jab-vaccine-pregnant/. The NHS recommends it at any point in pregnancy! I’ll be getting mine in the next few weeks 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chaos-and-coffee my Dr says anytime so long as you aren't sick! If we were going to have winter babies there would be different time lines. You want to get it close to due date so the baby gets the benefits too. But YEY for not having winter babies!!! 
  • @chaos-and-coffee I asked my Dr about it right away, I really didn’t want to have to wear a mask at work! she said there was no problem and to get it as soon as I could bc the actual flu would be worse 
  • @kiki75 oh yeah I didn't sober up off it til the next day either - I was sooo relaxed. I was like "oh my inlaws are here? don't mind me. I'm just gonna be here basically naked because that's the only way I can nurse this baby!" not a care in the world. - no blackouts for me, just minor hallucinations while I was laboring. I know people have all sorts of crazy reactions to it. My mom legit just passed out on the floor once. I have a very high tolerance for it, I guess. 

@chaos-and-coffee my midwife practice pretty much requires the flu shot. I also got it a week before getting pregnant, so there's that - but, last time, I had to get it...first tri i think.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• kberm3 said:
    @pourmeanothermocktail when you say surprise pregnancy, do you mean like “oops, I had no idea I was pregnant?!?” or team green?  We didn’t find out with my first and I totally plan to do the same with this one.  It was fun not knowing until the birth!

Also, not a homebirther but I did have an pain med-free induced water birth at the hospital after my originally planned unmedicated birth at the birthing center had to change at the last second.
    Well, this baby is both types of surprises. Either A-pull out game didn't work, or B-I ovulated a full two weeks late. Now, I know pull out isn't 100% effective, but I otherwise track and we were trying to avoid. 

It'll be our third team green baby, and hopefully second born at home. There are no hospitals anywhere near that allow water birth, and I have hospital PTSD. There was also something nice about not having to drive in labor, and never having to go home after. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail

Oh hey, fellow member of the pull out didn't work here either!  I distinctly remember my husband saying oops right around the time it could have happened...well, oops it is!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley Since baby number 2, we've been on d once a month only schedule for adult dancing. ;)

The pull out was successful, but...things happen. We did do it twice this month, but once was right after period ended,with pull out. The other was day period was due, with period symptoms starting. I'm interested in a dating scan (usually am not, because I track well!), because I just gotta know! 

Either way, we're putting plans in place for when to schedule the big V! 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How is it possible to be so nauseous and STARVING at the same time?!?!?!
  • Hi, I just got my flu shot today. I asked about it at my IVF clinic on Monday when I had my ultrasound, and they said yup, good idea. 
  • I got my flu shot a couple of days ago. I’m a nurse and it’s that magical time of year where your hospital is on your back to get it lol. From everything I have read it’s fine. 
  • I don’t have any nausea yet, but the heartburn is trying to burn me alive. 
  • MaximumEffortMaximumEffort member
    edited October 2019
    @chaos-and-coffee I work in healthcare and its required that we get it. We have flu shot clinics here but I get mine at my midwife because those are single dose shots, at the clinic they will use multi dose vials and the ingredients can be different. We are immunocompromised anyways while being pregnant. 

@sheshe3386 I cant wait for my flu badge...eye roll. 
  • uuuuughhh my daughter's school has lice.... not ready to deal 

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @saladflambe OmG that is literally my nightmare!!!! I’m so sorry 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well October 12th and I’ve officially broken out my SAD lamp. Currently basking in its glow.  It’s supposed to rain ALL DAY. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wish me luck, we've stolen our three year old's pants and diapers to try to kick start toilet use.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sparkling water is life right now. Going out to celebrate our anniversary today and I’m going to order all the desserts since I can’t have all of the cocktails. 
  • It's snowing in Minnesota! 🤣
  • hayhay2501hayhay2501 member
    edited October 2019
    @NikkiSings crazy! Though I’d take that over the THREE DAYS of straight rain we’ve had! Going to go build an ark outside 🤣🤣 (edit for typo!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I forgot about the huge areolas. I can see things changing already  :s

• Such a weird thing to complain about, but I’m currently trapped on vacation with my MIL for an extra two days because the only road on and off of the island is and has been impassable for the last couple days due to high tides taking out the dunes and washing out the road.
  • @kberm3 That is not a weird thing to complain about. Vacation with my MIL? There would be a good possibility of only one of us making it off the island. 😬

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • My son was named before we got married, lol. My daughter was 3 days old, we'd been calling her "baby no-name with vagina" for too long, and really wanted to fill out birth certificate paperwork...

This one will have one boy and one girl name picked out by second trimester hopefully. We do team green, but I really want this taken care of early.

Also, I'm hoping some more surprise pregnancy moms arrive. And maybe a few fellow homebirthers. Selfishly. :)
    I literally snorted at “baby no name with vagina.” Too funny.

I want to be Team Green this time around! I knew with my two other kids and I think this time I’d like the surprise. My husband needs some convincing though! 

• We’re COMPLETELY redoing our bathroom in a week, which I’m having regrets about because that’s money i could use for maternity leave and two in childcare. But too late to back out! All the stuff arrived yesterday and living in a 700 sq foot flat there’s nowhere to put it. I currently have a tub at the foot of my bed and my living room is filled with boxes. Going to be a long week of running into stuff! And then a fun 10 days without a fully usable bathroom 😬😬😬
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kberm3 I hope you can escape soon!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 how exciting! We redid our master last year. Bathrooms are so much work but so nice once they're done. Ten days is so fast for a reno! But a long time without a bathroom. Hope it goes quickly. 
  • @runwmusic thanks! I literally HATE it right now so I’m excited. DD and I are going to my in-laws for most of it so it won’t be sooo terrible for us. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 @kiki75  I hesitantly agreed to go without my husband because she REALLY wanted to bring her granddaughter to her condo at the beach.  It was going to be five days and I was getting a beach vacation out of it myself, right? 🤷🏻‍♀️  Well then the nor’easter showed up on our first full day causing it to be cold and rainy for 3 days, aka lots of “quality time” cooped up in the condo.  Then the road washes out so we couldn’t make it to the airport on the mainland forcing me to cancel/reschedule my flight home for a few days later.  My patience with the woman who birthed my husband is running thin at this point.  😆
  • @kberm3 omg I didn’t realise your H wasn’t there. That makes it so much worse!!! I would be ready to swim off the island 🤣
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kberm3 Wow. Nope. I don't do beaches if it's not going to be at least 80. I'm not a sand lover, so there has to be a water option. And while I do love my in-laws, I don't think multiple days without my husband is in my cards. Granted, mine don't know my kids well enough to be a serious help, so...

I'm impressed. Hang in there. Or swim out. Totally valid option.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We’re off the island!  Now I just need to survive the remaining 2 hour car drive to the airport with the MIL.  Glad I didn’t have to swim out! 😆
  • Anyone else's pets relentlessly clingy? omgggg my cats

• @saladflambe I have indoor/outdoor cats, and one of them has been bringing home "presents" like 3 times a day. All of my pets are usually clingy, but my dog and the non-hunting cat have been napping with me more than usual.