Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 10/11

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Friday 10/11

• Happy Friday!!

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 34

WAYDTGKU: BBT, tracking CF, using FF, OPKs, prenatals

R/R: Open House went really well last night. I ended up shutting my classroom door, turning off the lights, and hanging out in the hallway in front of my room to meet and greet families, and that worked great! Tonight is my sister dinner/night! My SIL flew in from Texas yesterday and is meeting my sister, my other SIL, and myself for dinner tonight. Drinks, games, and delicious food are all planned for tonight! We'll end up all staying the night at my parent's house tonight and then head to a bridal shower for the sister of my SIL who flew in. Super excited for my sister date night! ❤️

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • @bluetickgal that’s wonderful news about the SHG! Those short work weeks never feel as short as they should! 
  • @gingermama29 So glad the open house went well and it sounds like you have a cracking weekend ahead. Enjoy! I second @bows22 question about the food trucks :smile:

@bows22 Yay for a not boring/awkward event! I remember getting invited to a wedding where I really only new the bridal party (who were all at the head table) and one other person. They nearly sat me away from the only other person I knew until she told them they were being silly. Hope you get to relax a bit this weekend!

@bluetickgal Woohoo for the SHG! Fx for you and have a great weekend!

Month/Cycle: 34 all

CD: CD8

WAYDTGKU: IVF cycle #1. Phase 1: BCP and Baby Aspirin

R/R: Not too keen on the side effects of the pill. I am starving one minute, and have no appetite the next. Plus hot flashes and nausea. Fun :neutral: 

Today I am in the office by myself as both clinicians are off. So I have done 99% of the cleaning and am essentially standing by to answer phones and emails. 'Twill be a long 8 hours. Thank goodness for CBC podcasts.

CS/Q: -
  • @mvt2003 No stress, hun. All good vibes coming your way. Let us know how it goes <3
  • edited October 2019
    @gingermama29 that sounds like an eventful weekend! Bridal showers are so much fun, enjoy all the food and games!

@bows22 sounds like it went really well!

@bluetickgal eee so exciting happy to hear that. 

@meri-mac I totally get that my physician is in the OR today so just doing some billing and waiting for the phone to ring. Hope it goes by quickly for you!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD:1

WAYDTGKU: I started bbt yesterday, FF, my period started today, I always thought my cycle was irregular because I never tracked it, turns out its just long (34 days) and I get cramping 2 weeks before which I always thought were period cramps, but turns out it's Mittelschmerz. I am learning so much in these past few weeks.

R/R: We have had such a crazy year. We were engaged in May 2018, bought our house in December 2018, I planned a wedding in under a little over a year, got our puppy in June just before our wedding, had our honeymoon in September and I finally feel like I can actually breath again. 

TW: My husband is heading up to our hometown this weekend for thanksgiving. I've decided to stay home. My grandmother passed away in May and it will be my first holiday without her. But I just don't really feel like being around people and driving the 6 hours to get there. I'm going to stay home with the new puppy and make a vegetarian thanksgiving meal of some sort and relax :)

CS/Q: nothing yet 
  • Happy Friday! I’ll be back for tags when I’m sitting at my desk.

Month/Cycle: 7/9

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Tempdrop (BBT), OPK, PNV, Vit D, COQ10, limited caffeine and sugar

R/R: I was a bit surprised to see a blinky smiley on my clearblue OPK this morning. I don’t normally O until closer to Cd14, so I’m sure it’ll keep blinky at me for a few days yet. It’s Friday of a long weekend, and I’m off work early today for an appointment. we’re also leaving tonight for a weekend away to a small mountain town. Hopefully the mountain air will be good for my little eggies!

CS/Q: none yet. My temps are pretty stable which is nice to see

• Thanks @meri-mac @inthewoods23 @coffeeandcookies84 I survived! It wasn't fun, but I was out of there in 20 minutes, so it was fine. My doctor told me my tubes and uterus look fine, so now we have to do MH's SA and go from there. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @bows22 thanks lady! Yes, short weeks somehow have the magic power of feeling like a really long week! 

@meri-mac thank you! Sorry for the BC side-effects, that’s no fun!! Hope your workday goes by super fast! 

@mvt2003 thanks!! I was shocked how quickly the SHG went...it was a little uncomfortable for a few seconds, but otherwise no pain and very little spotting afterwards. So glad to hear your HSG was quick and all clear! Hope you have a great weekend! 

@inthewoods23 thank you, yes always a sigh of relief! That stinks about your OPK’s...hope your surge is right around the corner though! My goodness, that temp spike! Do you normally O later? Whoa, our low is 38 tomorrow and I thought that was bad...hope you enjoy a nice weekend bundled up inside! 

@chelsea-marie2 thanks!! Sorry for CD1, but that’s great you are getting some clarity on your cycles! Sounds like you have had a whirlwind year! Sorry for your loss, hope you have a nice relaxing time at home! 

@coffeeandcookies84 thank you! Hope you have a wonderful extra long weekend in the mountains! 
  • @coffeeandcookies84 My two favourite ones are Because News and The Debaters. I am such a Canadian dork though. One of my coworkers knows Gavin Crawford very well and I like to pester him every now and again for an autograph. Still no luck.
  • Happy Friday all! Looking forward to a relaxing, cool weather weekend here in the NE/Mid Atlantic. It's finally starting to feel like autumn which is lovely.

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 22/23ish

WAYDTGKU: opk, prenatals, cf-ish

R/R: Fridays are my no work/work from home/work on my non work related things so I had a fun shopping excursion at Ross where I got 2 dresses, jeggings, and 2 blouses for $45. Not sure I'm going to keep it all but a good haul. Nervous today because the bar exam results come out and DH finds out the big pass/fail news today (he feels ok but is a general nervous bean).

A bit annoyed with OPKs...haven't gotten a good O line yet and while my cycle was 45 days last month and 40 the prior after being 35 days for the 6 months I was off bc I'm now rabbit-holing a bit to Dr. Google (that jerk). Planning on trying to HIO daily for next 9 or so days after doing every other day for past few days, here's hoping that does it.

• @meri-mac sorry you’re solo today! I hope it goes quickly. I have a deadline coming up at work so I will be working tonight and tomorrow to try to avoid a total rush at the last minute but we have a fun day planned on Sunday so I’ll hopefully relax then!

@mvt2003 I took too long to post to wish you luck 🙂 but I was thinking about you! I’m glad it was fast and that it’s over!

@inthewoods23 yes the changing weather/changing need of blanket usage messes with my temps too and it’s so annoying. Do you have any specific projects planned for the weekend?

@chelsea-marie2 yeah that’s a whirlwind of a year+! I’m glad you are taking some time to yourself if you need it!

@coffeeandcookies84 I hope you have a great weekend away! And I hope you guys are going away alone in case it is your FW😉
  • @pocketrose oh wow good luck to your H on the bar exam! Do you have something fun planned tonight if he passes (or needs to be cheered up)?
  • Month/Cycle:4/4

CD:3

WAYDTGKU: bbt, OPK, maca, SMEP 

R/R: I’m working this weekend, I didn’t have time to hop on yesterday because I knew I’d have to bump and run, I had a day of shopping, and a photo shoot yesterday afternoon. I finished the handmaids tale on Hulu and am totally reeling from the season 3 finale so I decided to read the books! Hope you guys all have a great weekend! 

CS/Q: I will start again tomorrow. 
  • @gingermama29 I’m glad your open house went well! I hope you were able to hit up a couple of good food trucks!

@bows22 glad you had a good evening! It’s sounds like I would have felt out of place too! 

@bluetickgal I’m so glad everything was clear! I hope you get KU super soon! 

@meri-Mac I hope that the effects of the pill start to lessen soon, and that your day goes by quickly!

@mvt2003 I’m glad that everything went well for you today. I hope that you get some clarity soon. 

@inthewoods23 man, that sounds super frustrating. I hope you catch your surge soon! 

@chelsea-marie2 Man! You have had a busy year. I remember after our wedding I was thinking “what do I do now?” Haha have a good weekend!

@coffeeandcookies84 have a good weekend! That sounds nice! 

@pocketrose I hope you hear good news for DH today! How exciting- and nerve wracking! 

• @bows22 and @meri-mac I got BBQ pulled pork panini and deep fried Oreos. No regrets. And ugh agreed about the temp drop. I have been EWCM today though so hopefully O is coming! Glad dinner went well yesterday!

@bluetickgal yay! So glad you got clearance to start again!

@meri-mac sorry you're experiencing those side effects. Enjoy all the quiet alone time today though!

@mvt2003 glad everything went well today! Glad everything looks good on you too.

@inthewoods23 enjoy a nice quiet weekend!!

@chelsea-marie2 thanks! Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I also lost mine this past year in April and it's been hard. Hugs to you.

@coffeeandcookies84 thanks! I'm so lucky to have a good relationship with my sisters. I wish the one that flew in lived closer so we could do these more often. Enjoy your weekend getaway! That sounds so nice!

@pocketrose oh girl I feel your pain and frustration with the long cycles and seemingly endless negative OPKs. Good luck to your H with the bar exam! FX!

@photographerwife oooh I enjoyed Handmaid's Tale. I didn't love the book, but it was the writing style that bothered me. It's the rare instance where I liked the show better than the books. 
  • @gingermama29 wow! Well I hope I like it, I can already tell things and the writing are different. I’m only a couple of chapters in, but I’m interested to see the book POV. 
  • @bows22 If it's good news we'll go to our favorite neighborhood Italian spot. If bad, probably Chinese takeout.
  • @pocketrose hope you all got good news about YH’s bar exam and you are eating Italian! Sorry for the long cycle...hope O is right around the corner for you! 

@photographerwife thank you! Hope work isn’t too bad this weekend! I’ve not seen the Handmaids Tale, but I’ve heard it’s really good! 

@gingermama29 thanks lady! Your food truck choices sound wonderful...I would love a fried Oreo right now! 
  • @photographerwife that makes me want to watch the handmaid’s tale, but we don’t have Hulu! I read the first book and loved it but it also terrifies me. I hope work goes by quickly and you have time to relax/have fun this weekend too