June 2020 Moms

Meal Plan Monday / Healthy Habits Check-In week of 10/7

Y'all let me know if you'd prefer these be split into 2, but, for this week, I'm combining them.

Meal Plan Questions:
What are you planning this week?
Bonus points for quick, easy meals and recipes!!

Healthy Habits Questions:
What healthy habit/s are you working on or hoping to maintain during this pregnancy?
How's everything going?
What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
Married: Oct 20, 2013
BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
EDD 1: May 12, 2016
DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
EDD 2: June 20, 2020

Re: Meal Plan Monday / Healthy Habits Check-In week of 10/7

• Meal Plan:
    I suuuuck at meal planning lol. We live day to day around here - half the time, my 3-year-old requests cheerios for dinner anyways.

Healthy Habits:
    So, I'm an avid weight lifter - I was also a long-distance runner, but injury took me out of my marathon training a couple of months ago. I have been doing spin on a Peloton bike instead. I exercise 6 days a week, and I am hoping to maintain both things throughout pregnancy as much as I can - obviously, some adaptations will have to be made as needed.

Right now, everything is good - one of the things I actually immediately noticed just after ovulating last week was an intense physical fatigue (weakness?) for a couple of days & some big impact on my endurance -- I just could NOT do the Peloton as hard as normal. But, as of today, I'm feeling pretty energized. (I didn't get exhaustion my last pregnancy, so maybe I'll be lucky and not get it this time either.) I lifted today & am hoping that remains OK.

My win right now is just that I went to the gym this morning lol

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• Food sounds disgusting other than carbs and cheese until dinner time. I'm living off of carnation instant breakfast and bagels. Tonight I think will be ravioli because it's in my fridge already. Not so healthy  :(
  • Loading the player...
  • NikkiSingsNikkiSings member
    edited October 2019
    Meal Planning: at the moment, it's to eat all the leftovers in our fridge, which are less appetizing every day, lol. Maybe this weekend I'll look ahead to next week and come up with some new ideas. :)

Healthy Habits: Doing my best to drink tons of water and some Gatorade. Since our 1st positive blood test on the 27th, I've had the goal of walking or doing gentle yoga everyday. I have my 1st ultrasound at the infertility clinic tomorrow (5w5d!!!), and am hoping they'll give me the okay to start doing a little more activity. I'd love to do some dancing or play tennis. Fingers crossed!! 
  • meal planning: made hard boiled eggs, farro veggie salad and cheesy 3 bean pasta chili! I am obsessed with the chili, I have had a big bowl everyday. Will definitely make again. 

healthy habits: I have been golfing and walking almost everyday for exercise. I am hunting down a local prenatal yoga class so I can meet some other pregnant women and get into a routine. I am terrible at home exercise and get distracted by chores 
  • Yay for prenatal yoga! I'm heading to my first class on Friday. 

Chili is a great idea, thank you for sharing @thumper615.
  • My only meal planned for the week is a vegetable soup. My morning sickness is out of control already so food sounds awful. Trying to squeeze in my veggies with the soup and I’ll add spinach to my shakes along with fruit. Grapes have been my go-to quick snack. But lots of bland, dry foods lately. 

I usually workout 5-7 days a week doing a combination of weight lifting and HIIT but the past week has been rough with the morning sickness and fatigue. I always listen to my body so I’ve been taking it easy with lighter workouts, yoga and lots of walking. I’m usually able to get back to my normal routine (with Modifications of course) in my second trimester when the nausea stops. Whatever I’m doing I aim for 30 minutes a day. The movement really helps with the nausea and fatigue so it’s a win-win! 
  • @BabyO2016 yeah my endurance is taking a hit for sure too.

Also, for all...just realized there's a "Wellness Wednesday" listed in the list of daily threads, so I guess I'll do health check-ins via that on Wednesdays from here on out lol. Sorry.

• I never have the whole week formalized until midweek...

Monday—lemon turkey tenderloin (prepackaged cheating), rice, & asparagus 
    Tuesday—pizza & broccoli rabe
    Wednesday—homemade chicken vindaloo & rice (new recipe I found in food network magazine...we’ll see!)
    Thursday—breaded chicken cutlet with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe sandwiches 
    Friday—veggie burritos to use up leftover rice (+avocado, salsa, beans, cheese and cilantro heated in a skillet)

exercise? Hopefully walking or elliptical every day or most days.
  • I haven't cooked since I  found out I was pregnant. Literally the next day I lost my appetite for anything. I have been experiencing diarrhea, which I am really mad about because no one has ever mentioned it as a symptom of pregnancy.  I have been forcing myself to eat and have been drinking lots of water. I just went to the grocery store so I can try to drink smoothies so that I can get some nutrients in me. I have to have small snacks through out the day because I don't feel like eating anything . When does this end? 😭 I  want to start walking but I just haven't felt good. I don't feel like doing anything, not even watching tv. Ready to get over this phase 😔
  • @sram331 don’t be too hard on yourself! Growing a baby is hard work! Yesterday I ate Qdoba and pizza, lol. Honestly, until you start feeling better, eat whatever you can keep down. I have to eat a lot of small snacks too to keep the nausea at bay. Once you start feeling better, it’s easier to get into a groove. For me last time, it was at 14 weeks :) 
  • runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited October 2019
    @sram331 like chaos and coffee said, eat what you can keep down. My root beer drinking begins at 7 lately... Try to slowly sip water throughout the day. It helps me not feel as bad. Also root beer barrel candy. Sucking on that is amazing this time and last. A lot of people swear by sour stuff or ginger but I just can't even think about that.

Eta carnation instant breakfast is amazing because you can drink it but still get so many nutrients. 
  • @sram331 1st trimester is all about survival. "Healthy Habits" for first trimester are going to look very different for everyone -- in your case, finding foods you can stomach & making sure you're getting some calories in (don't even worry about "nutrients")

Bland is likely to be your friend: rice, bread, mashed potatoes.

FWIW, I developed an aversion to WATER of all things in my last pregnancy...so that was fun. I'm awaiting the true morning sickness still. I know it's coming.

• I saw a sign for root beer and it sounded soooooo good! I will have to find some soon. Is there something special about it? 
  • Cold soda has been the thing settling my stomach...
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @nikkisings I've been drinking root beer all day every day. It's become my primary calorie source  :| that and root beer barrel candy makes my stomach settle. 
  • I’ve been really craving Diet Coke! I only allow myself to have one a day on weekends only and have sparkling water during the week. I’m 11 weeks, and just started being able to stomach veggies, so I’m trying to eat more salads and veggies this week. I am so bloated and constipated! What do you suggest when fruit, yogurt, and veggies isn’t working enough?