May 2020 Moms

Group 4 (May 25th-31st) Check in - 10/7

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Who have you told about the pregnancy? If no one, who will be the first person you tell?

Re: Group 4 (May 25th-31st) Check in - 10/7

• Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): snap cracker

Upcoming appointments: 10/22 intake and US

How are you feeling? better which is making me nervous. I still don't think any food sounds good, but I don't feel like puking most of the day anymore which at 6+5 I feel like I shouldn't have that go away yet. 

Raves/Rants: We had to turn the heat on this weekend, we don't pay for heat at this apartment, so there's no reigning in of MH who thinks you should sit around in shorts and a t-shirt in your own house. I like it to be cold at night and warm (still wear your clothes) during the day. I was sweating so much last night and DD kept having to lie on me while she was sleeping so I was extra hot. 

Questions: None currently

GTKY: Who have you told about the pregnancy? If no one, who will be the first person you tell? Besides MH I told my best friend who lives 3 hours away and doesn't have anyone in common with me, she asked about pregnancy resources and I got excited maybe she was due this spring with me but alas she is not but she wants to start trying next year. Also I was barely 4 weeks when I told her so I said to keep everything a secret just in case too. 
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): split pea

Upcoming appointments: Next Monday

How are you feeling? I'm exhausted. My daughter decided that 4 a.m. was play time.

Raves/Rants: Raves, the twins and DH was sick all last week pretty much, like little dominoes. I'm so exhausted at the end of the work day, lets just say that things slid, and then slid further. They came over and entertained the twins so we could get some stuff done! I feel so much better now. Its amazing what a clean house can do for your mental health.

Questions: 

GTKY: Who have you told about the pregnancy? If no one, who will be the first person you tell? I've been pretty open about our journey over all. So my family and some of our friends who we've seen know or know that we started treatments again. The only place I haven't been open with is my workplace. I'm the only one in my workplace with kids under 5 right now and am feeling some side eye looks so far when I miss work for them. Only one other person has kids under 10 at my workplace. So long as they keep it to looks I'm good, but if they open their mouth it might go downhill.
  • Loading the player...
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: 10/15

How are you feeling? Nauseous. Exhausted. 

Raves/Rants: A semi carrying tires jackknifed and its trailer basically exploded near Franklin, KY, spilling tires everywhere on 65. Traffic was backed up for miles and added 90 minutes to our already 4.5 hour drive up to Ohio. I am so glad to be out of the car.

Questions: Who can I hire to just carry my boobs around all day for me?

GTKY: Who have you told about the pregnancy? If no one, who will be the first person you tell? We've told the kids, our parents, and my BFFs from Aug12. They're all the people we'd want to support us if something were to happen to the wee embryo.
  • @thepretzelchick that sounds scary. Were you near the accident when it happened? Stopped traffic on the highway is always the worst. 
  • @jhysmath No. I'm not sure when it happened, but traffic was already backed up six miles, as is wont to happen when 3 lanes have to merge into one. Police and fire teams were already on the scene and had the lanes blocked off, so they'd been there awhile. I was afraid it was going to be a really bad multi-car accident that would be obviously fatal and the kids would see it, so the trailer of tires was somewhat of a relief?
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for US and hopefully heartbeat!

How are you feeling? So nervous! I have had no symptoms and though i am trying to be thankful i worry everything is ok. I have started having a random (not every day) reaction (itchy rash) to my PIO shots which is annoying.

GTKY: Who have you told about the pregnancy? We have told about 5 couples. These are the people who have been with us through all of this. I just started thinking about how i will tell my mom and brother around thanksgiving. Right now i am thinking of either getting a crib and putting it in the room my brother stays in and watch him squirm or put the US picture in it to make it obvious OR i read about putting a single bun in the oven and waiting for my mom to find it when we are cooking. I want to do something silly like that for them.
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lentil

Upcoming appointments: Next Thursday!

How are you feeling? I've had some back pain today, but otherwise, I'm surprisingly feeling fine. Which makes me a bit nervous... I haven't been feeling as bloated, nauseous, or tired... hopefully it is just a sign that this pregancy's 1st tri will be easier than last time. 

Raves/Rants: I only got 4 hours of sleep last might... so I feel like a walking Zombie this afternoon. 

GTKY: Who have you told about the pregnancy? If no one, who will be the first person you tell? I've just told a handful of close friends/co-workers. Waiting until the first u/s before announcing to family about the pregnancy. 
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): pea, chocolate morsel, maine blueberry

Upcoming appointments: 10/17 

How are you feeling? Bloated to the point I already ordered pregnancy pants. My boobs are so sore too.

Raves/Rants: I hear that week 6 is when symptoms get worse....I have not had any morning sickness so that's my rave. My rant is that I am still getting progesterone shots every 3 days and 3 times a day suppositories.  I did IVF and this is my second round. I cannot wait to be done with all the meds!!

Questions:  anyone having leaking problems? Can't tell if it's my suppositories or if it's something else.

GTKY: Who have you told about the pregnancy? If no one, who will be the first person you tell? My immediate family knows about the IVF and that it worked. My boss also knows since I needed so much time off with all my appointments. We are saving the surprise for my DH family but are waiting until 10 weeks or so due to past loss.
  • @ivfmom053020 it is not unusual to have a ton of discharge at this point. Although if you're taking suppositories vaginally, it could be that as well. 
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: I have my first appointment on the 21st, and it feels like forever away. 

How are you feeling? I've been super up and down this week. I had some bouts of nausea over the weekend, which seem to have subsided, super tired still. And sore boobs. But overall, I'm alright. 

Raves/Rants: It still feels so early in the pregnancy, but I feel like i'm already so bloated I'm in pregnancy pants... Why bloat... why...... I like my normal clothes... 

Questions: none

GTKY: Who have you told about the pregnancy? If no one, who will be the first person you tell? We haven't told anyone yet, we are waiting until we at least have had our first appointment. We'll tell DD first, and then our parents, probably on Halloween. I'm ready to tell people, so that I can stop pretending.
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding our ASAP!

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: Waiting to schedule my next one, first was yesterday!

How are you feeling? SO tired. Throwing up every other day. In a little bit of a funk.

Raves/Rants: RAVE: So yesterday was my first apt&I am so blessed I got to see lil blueberry and its heartbeat! We are both healthy and good! RANT: Thought I was due May 20th based on LMP but baby is tiny so Dr backed up my due date and changed me to 7 weeks. I know I’m being a baby (pun intended) but I’m so upset to be set back a week! I’ve struggled with so much anxiety and thought I was a whole week closer to finishing this first trimester and feeling a bit of safety. Others around me don’t get it&I know I just need to be grateful baby and me are good, I just needed to be honest and vent on here because it kinda shook me. 

Questions: Anyone on medication for nausea? My doctor offered it to me&I declined it, because I don’t feel like I’m “that bad” but I guess it’s all relative and idk what “bad” really is?!

GTKY: Who have you told about the pregnancy? If no one, who will be the first person you tell? We’ve kinda told a lot of people haha! Still not all the way public, but I already had a Bachelorette Party and Husbands bday party planned in the past few weekends so in these drinking situations I’ve had to fess up haha! 
  • @KaylaSadie a common medication combo for nausea is 25 mg vitamin B6 and 12.5 mg (half a pill) of unisom. Some people can take it once or twice a day and it helps.
    I take 25 mg B6 and 6.25 mg (a quarter of a pill) of unisom 4 times a day for my nausea/vomiting. I strongly recommend that you do something because you do not want to risk dehydration. Also, when you throw up regularly, you can deplete yourself of other vitamins and minerals. Last pregnancy I had to take magnesium to counter act the vomiting so that my headaches and migraines wouldn’t be so bad.