June 2020 Moms
Options

Anyone had low hcg levels but successful pregnancy?

Hello! 
I went for bloodwork yesterday and they told me my hcg was low for how many weeks I am (5w5d) level was 354. I am going to do my progesterone today but I am worried because I did have a mc before (years ago before my son who will be 4). Im trying to stay positive but its difficult. 
Thanks in advance for any info ♡

Answers

• Options
    *lurking from March*

I'm guessing the members of this board will discourage one-off posts, but I'll leave it for them to decide. 

Anyway, one HCG level can't tell you anything. You need to have repeat draws to ensure the levels are doubling. My levels were low for both of my pregnancies, but they doubled appropriately over 4 separate draws. My son is now 18mo, and I'm 17 weeks with my second. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    Ok that makes sense. I requested a blooddraw when i found out i was pregnant but they only made my 1st appt. So im praying my numbers start to go up and they continue to monitor. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm team "I don't like one-off posts" in general. This could have gone in randoms, or After Loss, or similar
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited October 2019
    Agree with @pourmeanothermocktail it gets too messy if we have a bunch of one offs. 
  • Options
    Welcome @kdiaz824 ! Like @stassischroeder said, one HCG level isn’t enough info. You need to be able to compare numbers over time. 

How did you calculate how far along you are? Just LMP or were you tracking ovulation by temping?

*TW* As for having had a miscarriage before, unless they determined that the reason for your prior loss was something to do with your body, one loss doesn’t mean anything for future pregnancies. I know how hard it is after loss to let logic guide your emotions, though. 

As for the rest, the BMBs (birth month boards) on The Bump are organized differently than other sites. We form communities and try to keep them organized. Because of that, we try to limit one-off posts and instead categorize posts by things like “symptoms” “randoms” “pregnant after loss” etc. Take some time to look around. Check out the “***Read This First*** Board Organization” post, introduce yourself on the pinned introductions thread, and please, feel free to join us in the current Pregnant After Loss thread. Again, welcome. FX that your next draws are good numbers. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    I apologize....this is my first time posting at all so I am unfamiliar with the "rules" is posting. I was just looking for some guidance. I dont even know what 'one-off' even means....
  • Options
    kdiaz824 said:
    I apologize....this is my first time posting at all so I am unfamiliar with the "rules" is posting. I was just looking for some guidance. I dont even know what 'one-off' even means....
    There is a thread for First Time Posters. It's called *****READ THIS FIRST****** (CAPS not mine). 

I would start there. And then if you want to join the community, post in intro and start checking out the other threads. And commenting there with input, replies, or questions.

One-off is a a thread that is just posed as a question, making it all about that person's concerns, rather than a thread that is given a topic (for instance Symptoms) where everyone is encourage to post replies/comments/questions all about their current pregnancy symptoms.

No anger here, just asking you to learn a bit about how we operate here, and then try to work within these guidelines to make it easier for everyone to keep like topics together.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker