June 2020 Moms

GTKY - Nicknames for the Baby

Anyone else decided on a silly nickname for your babe til you find out sex & decide on a real name? lol.
~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
Married: Oct 20, 2013
BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
EDD 1: May 12, 2016
DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
EDD 2: June 20, 2020

Re: GTKY - Nicknames for the Baby

• Our first one we called "Smaug" from the Hobbit. I'm a literature teacher so no one was too surprised :) Once we knew it was a girl though, she just became baby girl til she was born!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Loading the player...
  • edited October 2019
    First was leech, second was .... I will remember later, but equally endearing. Not sure for this one yet. Thinking shrimp. 

Eta-second one was the larva!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first was baby k until he was born. For now this one is bk2.
  • Two be honest for me it’s too early for this pregnancy to feel real and bond with it enough to have a nickname! I think I’ll come up with someone once I get to that first scan milestone. The nickname for my DD was butterbaby aha
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I refer to this one as the oops I always wanted hahaha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also, likely 3.0 or 3rd edition will be used
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Since we're not sure if there's one or two in there yet (we did Invocell IVF and transferred 2 embryos), it's things like 'little(s)" and "bean(s)". 😂 
  • @hayhay2501  Same!!  I’m sure it’ll change with time, but despite all the symptoms I’m feeling it doesn’t quite feel real yet so I have no nickname in my head yet.  

My first was “pumpkin” because she was due right near Halloween! 🎃 
  • H is pushing jellybean, but it just doesn’t feel personalized for this one. I think I’ve been saying June bug in my head, but I just googled them, and geez those things are creepy looking. Maybe “tad” short for tadpole? Still searching for the right fit. Can’t wait to decide on a legal name later on. 😬
  • My friend called her second baby "Sequel"--thought that was pretty cute! 

I'm in the still undecided what I'll call my little one. Maybe something will come to me after the first ultrasound. I like hearing all of your ideas so far, though!
  • We’ve been calling this baby “Muffin.” Not really sure how it started, but it’s already stuck. 
  • Babybot lol! DS is a wild one and we called him crackpot one time while he was running around like a maniac and I ended up calling him crackbot because I thought it was funny

• I'm leaning towards "bug" or "bugaboo". While we were engaged we had a conversation about kid names and all I remember was that we ended (jokingly) on "Beauford Ulysses" (last name starts with G, so initials would be BUG, which is kind of cute).

Husband wants something "cool" to say, like "Bugatti" (i.e. "the Bugatti's still in the garage")
  • I’m referring to this baby as junebug. My husband’s nickname for me has always been ladybug (or just bug for short), so it fits ❤️

The baby we lost previously we were referring to as (little) turkey. Mostly because we had planned on announcing that one at Canadian thanksgiving so “turkey’s in the oven” was our cutesy joke.
  • We sometimes call DS our little monkey, so we've referred to a second as "monkey two" throughout our year of TTC.  I think we'll stick with monkey two until we find out more info!

We called DS "raspberry" when we first found out, because according to my LMP he should have been the size of a raspberry.  Our BFP day was "raspberry day."
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I got pregnant with my daughter, we called her out little sea monkey. With our baby we miscarried, we called it bean. This pregnancy, I've been calling this baby Squishy. 😂 I hate referring to them as ITS. So I had to nickname all mine lol
  • @mommallama17 I called ds my sea monkey for a long time because that's all I see in the first ultrasound  :D
  • We call ours Squeaks. I just cute and different from nugget, peanut, etc.
  • Right now I am referring to it as the mic drop... we called the second "the encore" and seeing as this is a HUGE surprise, mic drop feels appropriate for now  :D
  • ttmills620ttmills620 member
    edited November 2019
    So I have been calling the little one TJ, which is the first initials of me and my husband's first name. I guess it just stuck because DH has been calling the little one the same name LOL. 
    TTMills,
    "wishing all the mommies a healthy & happy nine months of pregnancy"
  • We’ve started calling the baby round two but I’m hoping we get something better ha. Last time we referred to my daughter as “it” most of the time so this is a lot better 😳😐
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We go between a play on our last name and little fetus. I was hoping something would come to mind organically lol
  • Hubs and I are calling ours “Ponyo” because that’s what he said the 3D rendering I showed him on the app at 6 weeks looked like 😂
  • Update: In my head I'm still using "bug", though out loud we probably more refer to it as "the kid" or "this thing". 
  • My name is Jennifer and my husband usually calls me Jennybean. Since getting pregnant it has been Jenny and the Bean. 
  • Eggie 🐣
  • Bambino for some reason...lol
  • We've now switched to Stanislaus. Pretty sure my husband will continue to call it Stanislaus after it's born 
  • Since our first appointment earlier this week, we've been calling the baby "wiggle." Because they were so active during our scan. With our first, he was much earlier (gestational age) and we didn't to see him move until much later. Wiggle, however, was waving the whole time! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We’ve been calling ours Princess Peach or Mario because that’s what our 3 year old wants to name his brother or sister. 🤣 not happening