Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie intros w/o 10/7

Welcome, new members! Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. Please introduce yourself and share as much (or as little) as you would like. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to participate in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):

Re: Newbie intros w/o 10/7

• Loading the player...
  • Hi, all! I posted in yesterday’s TWW board but thought I’d officially introduce myself here. 

My husband and I are 34.

We’ve been trying for seven months now and heading into month eight tomorrow when I expect I’ll get my period after several days of BFNs and lower temps... womp. 

WAYDTGKU: For the first few months just winging it, but nowww we’re timing every other day; I’m using OPKs and charting temps, eating healthy-ish, taking prenatals, reminding my husband to take his vitamins, cutting down on alcohol and caffeine, meditating, doing yoga, praying, lurking, sleeping with a St. Gerard medal under my pillow, standing on my head, writing letters to my potential future children, avoiding black cats and broken mirrors, and trying to cling to my sanity via Netflix and potato chips 🙃 Last month I had my hormones checked, just for some peace of mind, and all was normal, so my fingers remain crossed. 

I’m a teacher, which takes up most of my time; I love to read, cook, do crossword puzzles, and walk our dog. My husband and I have very different work schedules and we don’t see each other much during the week (except when I’m ovulating, he wakes me up in the middle of the night, and then I go back to sleep haha), so on weekends I enjoy catching up with him. He’s great, but I agree with @faith_2911 and am feeling the need for community, so here I am.