April 2020 Moms

STM+ Check In October

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?

Any questions/concerns?

Anything you need to tackle with your kids before the baby comes?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM+ Check In October

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12w3d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS just turned 2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He’s great. He is learning so many new things. He’s also starting to look like a big kid, which makes me sad. He doesn’t seem to understand that there’s a baby coming. 

Any questions/concerns? Not right now. 

Anything you need to tackle with your kids before the baby comes? It would be great if I could get DS to move past the “mine” phase so he’s less jealous of the baby. Potty training, too, but we’re waiting until December to start that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 12 weeks

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is 2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Doing great. Learning so much. He just learned to say his first and last name together and it's the cutest thing!

Any questions/concerns? Anyone making a registry this time around. I don't need much, but I think I want one for the discounts 

Anything you need to tackle with your kids before the baby comes? Definitely potty training. Daycare is starting to introduce the potty, so that's helpful. We do plan to really work on things come December/January if nothing has clicked by then. We also need to get DS in our spare room come February/March to switch to a different bed before baby. He's using the crib currently with it converted to a toddler bed, but we plan on having baby use the crib starting night 1 at home, so he'll need to switch.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 13 weeks tomorrow 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 4,3,1

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Really good! We have a great routine right now. Annnnd I have successfully weaned my 1 yr old! It’s been 4 days now and I have slept so much more! 

Anything you need to tackle with your kids before the baby comes? Just reorganize, and organize, and do it again. 😂
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/14, 12w

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD turns 3 next Monday

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Overall she is great. We are dealing with the 3yr sleep regression right now, so that has been trying. Lots of early morning wake-ups. We are waiting until after the AS to tell her about the baby, but I know she will be so excited. All of her close friends have siblings and she tells me that our dog is her brother.

Anything you need to tackle with your kids before the baby comes? Nothing that I can think of, she is already potty trained. I will probably just try to focus on doing a lot of 1 on 1 things with her before the baby comes. 

@Kathryn0903 I am, but just for the coupons. My Mom did ask me to send it to her which I will, but I plan to keep it private.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/30, 9w5d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? SD 6, DD1 3 and DD2 1

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? 
    DD1 seems to be super excited to be a big sister again.  She's super sweet and gives my tummy hugs and kisses.  DD2 is exhausting!  I'm terrified to have 2 under 2.  

Any questions/concerns? 

Anything you need to tackle with your kids before the baby comes? 
    Like @ruby_love so much organizing!  

@kathryn0903 We're doing another registry just for ourselves so we can get the freebies and the completion discount for anything we need.

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12W

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is 4 and DD is about to turn 2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Great! They have spilled the beans to everyone at school and can’t wait to find out if baby is a boy or girl this weekend. DS has a better understanding but DD really has no clue. She’s just following big brother’s excitement. 

Any questions/concerns? Ummm I’m concerned how I will juggle three kids lol especially since it looks like I will be transitioning from working mom to SAHM. 

Anything you need to tackle with your kids before the baby comes? We’ve got a lot of big/final decisions to make. Firming up my work situation. I know I will not go back to where I’m at, logistically and for my mental health it doesn’t make sense. Need to figure out school plans for DS next year. We are delaying kindergarten so he isn’t the youngest in his class but need to figure out a school program for him. Need to refinish furniture for the nursery. It’s a big project and I’m not sure MH is up for it. And most likely potty training DD before April. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @Kathryn0903 yup, I did a registry for my second and doing one for this baby. Can’t pass up the welcome boxes and completion discount codes! 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 

• @mercury94 DS is 4 and he still struggles with “mine” and sharing lol although not as bad my 2 year old 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12 weeks today

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 4-year-old son

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He's doing great. I feel bad because I've been taking a class in the evenings two nights a week, and I've also been battling morning sickness, so he hasn't had a lot of good mommy time lately. It's coming out in his behavior a little bit, but overall he's handling it well.

Any questions/concerns?

Anything you need to tackle with your kids before the baby comes? Like others said, organization will be key. We're going to have the crib in our room to start, but there's a chance they'll be sharing a room at some point, so I'd like to start laying the groundwork for that just in case. 
  • @Kathryn0903 I made an Amazon registry, but I’m not sending it to people. It’s just for me. I also have to get DS out of the crib. Forgot about that. 

@coaster102516 I appreciate you letting me know that it might be a while on the “mine” phase. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • The best thing ever happened this morning. DS randomly walked up to me, pointed at my stomach, and said “baby.” Until then, he had not shown any interest or understanding of what is happening here. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • What are you all registering for this time around? I know I don't need much(especially if I find out this one's also a boy), but I'm getting lost on what could be good to register for. The registry is mainly for the discount and I'll only share the registry if someone asks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 It’s just for me, so I’m just saving things I want basically. New monitor with two cameras, double stroller, etc. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @Kathryn0903 basically just stuff I know we need, but I only plan on sharing it with our Moms since they’ve already asked.
    New monitor w/ 2 cameras, glider board for stroller, new bottles and warmer, breast feeding pillow (hated the boppy last time), an alternative to the RNP since it was recalled (something I can move around the house)....that’s what I’ve got so far.
  • @Kathryn0903 Registering for a bassinet/co-sleeper and a few new swaddles.

@doraleigh35 I have the Breast Friend pillow and loved it.
  • @mysteryship thank you, that is the one I was planning on trying!
  • A nursing pillow is definitely on my list. I didn't have one last time and just used pillows we already owned, but I want to make things easier on myself this time. I might also put a diaper bag on, because I hate the one we have. I need to dig out some of our newborn stuff to see what else needs replacing.