June 2020 Moms

October symptoms

Re: October symptoms

• @runwmusic honestly it is the worst!! It sets me in such a spiral
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Google is definitely the worst. I had myself convinced this is an ectopic yesterday because of Google + anxiety
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • I am sooo bloated! Seriously i look 5 months pregnant even though i'm only 4 weeks + 4 days!! I'm also thirsty all the time. Please tell me the bloat will go away atleast for a bit, i've been bloated since week 3 and it seems to just be getting worse! 
  • This phase is so tough.

As for POAS... it’s a double-edged sword at this point. It might be reassuring or it might be the opposite. There are crappy tests (Walmart cheapies are not seeming as good as they used to!) and the hook effect could come into play. 

And Google, well, there’s good stuff there but it’s also full of crap pretty often. Try looking up milestones for babies. One will tell you that if your kid is saying three words at 12 months, sign him up for Mensa, and the next says that if he’s only saying three words by 12 months, it’s probably the end of the world. If it’s not adding positively to your life... step away from the Google. 🙂

@Knottie1450643666 The bloat does get better. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @kiki75 SO true. Google is doing nothing but putting me in a negative spiral!!! Honestly it ruined my day. 

@saladflambe Uch- yes this was exactly where my anxiety took me today. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay87-2 FWIW my friend who had an ectopic talked to me and it sounds like things got very bad very quickly for her - so if you've had cramping for a while, I doubt it's ectopic. Like she went from mild cramps in the morning to ruptured tube by that afternoon.

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• Wow saladflambe said:
    @hayhay87-2 FWIW my friend who had an ectopic talked to me and it sounds like things got very bad very quickly for her - so if you've had cramping for a while, I doubt it's ectopic. Like she went from mild cramps in the morning to ruptured tube by that afternoon.
    Wow how scary, although somewhat reassuring to hear...
  • So in dealing with all this bloat...even my high waisted workout pants are uncomfortable....what are you guys all wearing right now to be comfortable but cute when going out? Even just running to the grocery store...and workout gear? 
  • So in dealing with all this bloat...even my high waisted workout pants are uncomfortable....what are you guys all wearing right now to be comfortable but cute when going out? Even just running to the grocery store...and workout gear? 
    I have been wearing my regular jeans/pants with a loose fitted sweater, so it just hides that area completely lol. I live up in Canada and the weather is getting cold here, so it's kind of perfect  ;) I actually had a student ask me if I was pregnant last week. That was before I got my BFP / had any idea that I was pregnant at all. I'm not that big, so when I have some bloat it's super noticeable  :|
  • No one has ever mentioned that diarrhea is a symptom of pregnancy 😒 I thought I was over it today until I almost didn't make it to the bathroom at church 😳 I have no appetite and have to force myself to eat. 🙄
  • MaximumEffortMaximumEffort member
    edited October 2019
    @sram331  It's called gastroparesis, our digestion slows down.  I have the same thing, I get full easy or dont exactly feel hungry but visit the bathroom many more times a day than I'd like to admit. 
  • My Jean's are uncomfortable:(

• @islandlife2020 same. I honestly think that’s why I was cramping so much yesterday. Today I’m wearing yoga pants to work and they’re still uncomfortable. I’m only 4 weeks! Aha. My last pregnancy started in spring so I could wear dresses without tights. So much more comfortable! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My boobs hurt and pregnancy insomnia is real! I have been up since like, 2 am. First tri anxiety. Ugh. I need all the coffee but can’t have all the coffee. 
  • @chaos-and-coffee oh no!!! I was up for two hours in the night and thought that was terrible. Not being able to have constant coffee to keep me going is HARD
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay87-2 I gave up caffeine with my first until well into second tri (mostly because coffee made me sick) but that is not going to fly this time around! Is the recommendation still 1 12-oz cup is ok? 
  • @chaos-and-coffee ah ha I didn’t even attempt that with my daughter. Coffee the whole time (within the limit obvs)! The withdrawal would have been to bad. I’m in the UK and that’s still the okay limit here! I usually break it into two to help get through the day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chaos-and-coffee 200mg of caffeine or less is the recommendation :) 

I'm weaning mine down to get off it for first tri I think though because my anxiety is so flipping bad & I just need to feel like I'm doing something.

• @islandlife2020 girl same. The bloat is unreal. I've been wearing leggings or size up jeans from post partum last time around. Can't believe it only being 6 weeks in! 
  • I AM SO TIRED!!! I have to go to a work dinner tonight and I honestly might fall asleep at the table aha
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • *lurking from March* hope y'all don't mind me chiming in. March is slow right now and I'm bored lol

@saladflambe i had one-sided cramping with both pregnancies, and neither were ectopic :) Also, regarding having a lighter test: I once dipped two of the exact same tests (wondfos from the same pack) in the EXACT same urine and one was a lot lighter than the other. So I think some tests just have varying dye loads

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Super frequent peeing, it must just be the way on uterus sits, but it's on first symptom every time. Add in super gassy (not terribly bloated though!), and greasy hair and skin. And heartburn already.

I think I'm around 5 weeks, but legit need a dating scan, and I'm in denial, so haven't scheduled. 

I've been in maternity clothes almost exclusively by 7 weeks with both kids. I'm only OK now because I never got smaller again after my second, so I have  new larger, much looser cut wardrobe than ever before. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you so much @stassischroeder - I had some more one-sided cramps today AND am still weirding out over stupid tests - I really needed to hear that. I hate how long this wait is going to be.

• @saladflambe first tri is suuuuuuuuuch a mindf*ck. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @MaximumEffort I hate that for you but at the same time I'm glad I'm not the only one! If you have any tips to make it through I would greatly appreciate anything! Thanks!
  • Soooooo very tired today and the nausea has started.  I have work I should be doing to get ready for tomorrow and I just can't bring myself to do it.  This is definitely the downside to this pregnancy.  I was really looking forward to focusing on a great school year and being the best teacher I could be and currently I'm a bit on the struggle bus.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley same about the tiredness! Lets see if the nausea comes. I just started a new role at work two months ago and was all focused on rocking it but now im just SO TIRED. I’m sure you’re still a great teacher!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 thanks, mama! This is a new position for me and one I've been trying to get for years, so I'm super excited to be teaching and I'm really having a hard time with feeling gross!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley it's so hard to focus when you feel like garbage. I feel like the only time I feel good is late night. Definitely did some work from 7 to 830 last night because I know I won't be functioning well again this morning. Come on second tri, get here soon. 
  • I almost vomited making coffee this morning because a co-worker was in the kitchen making oatmeal and had the strongest smelling perfume. She was trying to talk to me and it took everything I had not to gag. 
  • @chaos-and-coffee were this bad with ds? Serious next level over here. Part of me is glad I'm still so stuffed up because I can't smell as easily! 
  • @runwmusic I don’t remember it being bad this early. I never throw up, but am just nauseous all day long. I think it started like 7-8 weeks last time and I’m only 5+3! 
  • @chaos-and-coffee girl, same! It's like our bodies just know what's up this go. FX it ends earlier since it started earlier... I know it won't but we can hope. 
  • The vivid dreams have set in over here. Some are just wild and are kind of interesting but there’s also been a few that were the really bad kind where even once I’m awake and keep telling myself it was a dream, it still leaves that awful feeling. 

@pourmeanothermocktail I’m with you on the greaseball status, too. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • My irritability is much much higher.
    Someone ran a stop sign at a 4-way stop this morning, taking my turn, and I never wanted to egg someone's car so badly...and I seriously couldn't let it go. I pulled up so close to his bumper...I wanted to turn my brights on so badly, but I chilled...kinda. He continued to be a d_ck driver to others, so.

• I had really bad morning sickness with my son from about 6 weeks until around 25 weeks. I’m 5 weeks today and have already thrown up 3 times! Not sure if I have a bug or if morning sickness is starting earlier this time :(
  • @kiki75 I did not know that vivid dreams were a symptom! I experienced that the last 2 nights and did not like it
  • Really weird but the past few days I have had so much static electricity... every article of clothing I touch, random objects, and my hair... I get a tiny static shock...anyone ever hear of this before?
  • The past 2 nights I have completely crashed at 5:00. This better be temporary as this is not going to fly with me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nausea is getting worse. Starts at 3 am now. 6 am having root beer and trying not to puke on ds during his morning bottle. Gonna be a long day.