June 2020 Moms

October Second-Time Mom + (STM+) Check-In!

Feel free to pop in here throughout the month & re-respond to the below whenever you like.

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?

Any questions/concerns?

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around?
~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
Married: Oct 20, 2013
BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
EDD 1: May 12, 2016
DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
EDD 2: June 20, 2020

Re: October Second-Time Mom + (STM+) Check-In!

• EDD/Weeks + Days: I'm 3 weeks & 4 days, so super early

How old is/are your other kid(s)?: My daughter is 3 years old 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?: We're on the potty training struggle bus right now, but, otherwise, she's great!

Any questions/concerns?: Not really...except for the fact that my 3-year-old adamantly refuses to poop on the potty but now is also holding it in and probably going to get super constipated and it's driving me bonkers.

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around?:
    I asked this because I am already having a different experience. I didn't really have symptoms with my daughter until I was like 6 or 7 weeks along, but I have loads of them already with this one. I did not get headaches/migraines w/ my daughter, but I've now gotten 3 already with this one. And, the nausea is super early too. I didn't have cramps with my daughter, but I have them with this one. With my daughter, though, I was withdrawing off of benzos during the first month of my pregnancy, so that definitely made things horrible & it would've been hard to distinguish symptoms of withdrawal from symptoms of pregnancy -- I had insane insomnia because of the benzo withdrawal. Thankfully, I am sleeping fine right now w/ this one.

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 6/10/20; 5 weeks today

How old is/are your other kid(s)? Daughter just turned 4 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?  Great!  She’s been asking for a baby sister since she was 2, but I told her it could be a boy or girl!

Any questions/concerns?  Am 36, feel old!  

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around?  Similar symptoms to first but so far not as bad - just some fatigue mostly. Have mild cramping on right side that comes and goes also.  Feel very bloated..

• Loading the player...
  • kberm3kberm3 member
    edited October 2019
    I was trying to intro but it somehow posted here instead so I’ll edit accordingly:

EDD: June 9

How old is/are your other kid(s)? Almost 2 years old

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?  Blissfully unaware

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around?  Maybe I just don’t remember it all starting this early last time but the symptoms have come in hot and heavy from before I even missed my period this time.  So much nausea, endless fatigue, and tender breasts.  All things I had last time but maybe they just feel more exaggerated because I’m chasing a little one around too?
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 
    6/1 I'm 6+2 now

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 
    10 months 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?
    He just took his first steps yesterday! Teething and a cold has him up at night. I'm so tired... 

Any questions/concerns?
    I also have symptoms so much sooner this go around, and cramping which I didn't have last time. Every pregnancy is different and I just keep reminding myself of that as the days go on. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4 weeks 2 days

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 2 years 8 months

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She has two sides- one SUPER sweet side who tells me “I love you so much” and then another tantrum queen side who will scream for SO LONG and literally growl at me. So it’s both a great age and a nightmare ahah. She also started preschool today! Her daycare has one and she was supposed to be moved in in jan but they thought she was ready now! 

Any questions/concerns?
    I just forgot what a headf**k pregnancy is. I had a lot of cramping this afternoon and literally was in a spiral. Not what I need at a busy day at work! I’d rather nausea over cramping! (Famous last words). Glad to see a few of you are in the same boat!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: I'm 3 weeks & 4 days, so super early

How old is/are your other kid(s)?: My daughter is 3 years old 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?: We're on the potty training struggle bus right now, but, otherwise, she's great!

Any questions/concerns?: Not really...except for the fact that my 3-year-old adamantly refuses to poop on the potty but now is also holding it in and probably going to get super constipated and it's driving me bonkers.

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around?:
    I asked this because I am already having a different experience. I didn't really have symptoms with my daughter until I was like 6 or 7 weeks along, but I have loads of them already with this one. I did not get headaches/migraines w/ my daughter, but I've now gotten 3 already with this one. And, the nausea is super early too. I didn't have cramps with my daughter, but I have them with this one. With my daughter, though, I was withdrawing off of benzos during the first month of my pregnancy, so that definitely made things horrible & it would've been hard to distinguish symptoms of withdrawal from symptoms of pregnancy -- I had insane insomnia because of the benzo withdrawal. Thankfully, I am sleeping fine right now w/ this one.
    My son is 3 almost 4 and still refusing to even attempt pooping on the potty. The closest I’ve gotten is right now he will sit on the big toilet to poop with a diaper on. I read something online about having them do that for a while. And then eventually introduce a “magic diaper” with a hole in it and gradually make it larger until they are practically doing it. I am working hard on it but trying not to put too much pressure on him. I wish you luck! 3/4 year olds are so darn stubborn.
  • @MssyMmmy everyone keeps telling me that when she's really ready, it'll be like a switch flipped. I'm pretty convinced she's going to college in diapers right now.

• EDD/Weeks + Days: June 1/6+1 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD turned 6 last week. 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Not telling her until (if) I am in the second tri. 

Any questions/concerns? impatiently waiting for my first ultrasound 

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around?  So far, symptoms are much lighter than last time. 
  • P.S., I just realized the "how is your kiddo" question probably has something to do w/ telling your kid and how they are dealing lol. I haven't told mine yet either. I'll tell her after first ultrasound, but we'll see how much she understands. The long wait is bound to confuse her

• @saladflambe   I feel like my last BMB asked that question the same way.  I'm always like, umm...  she is good. 
  • @MssyMmmy everyone keeps telling me that when she's really ready, it'll be like a switch flipped. I'm pretty convinced she's going to college in diapers right now.
    Same. I also think baby number 2 may do it first 😖 he told me he will be ready when he is 6...
  • I tried to push DD a bit before she was ready to potty train.  Then one day, she told us she didnt want to wear diapers anymore.  She had 1 accident the next morning and that was it.  Its so much easier when theyre ready and less headaches for everyone.  It just becomes stressful when certain schools or activities require kids to be potty trained. 
  • @saladflambe ahaha I clearly did not interpret it that way. I’m not going to tell her for a loooonnnngggg time! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kerco925 unfortunately, I had no choice but to push her as her school/daycare requires she be in underwear at age 3.

• @saladflambe Bummer.  I know a lot of parents who are in the same situation.  
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:  Unsure, early June probably.

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 3, and 13 months

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Not telling them until I have to. 3 year old may recognize belly in second trimester anyway. 

Any questions/concerns? 3 year old is totally not interested in toilet at all. 1 year old isn't walking or talking. The 2 year (27 month) gap was great. I'm worried about a 21 month. Also, second child is....more dramatic, lol.

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around? Unsure, I'm still getting up 2-5 times per night with little one, and nursing, so I can't figure out what pregnancy symptoms are vs tired mom of 2. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail I have a ten month old. The tiredness of motherhood and pregnancy is definitely different than last time. I napped so often with my last but now I have a better tolerance to life on no sleep.
    My  nausea is full force though. Symptoms hit me earlier this go around. 
  • @runwmusic My first I was working half of the time and nursing a very injured horse the entire time, but could still nap a couple times per week. My second, I had a puppy AND a toddler and was working, lol. Now I am not working, but with two kids and two (thankfully now adult) dogs, and a husband who just doesn't "get" housework, I rarely get to sit for even 5 min!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail sahm life is rough. I couldn't do it but juggling work, home chores, and missing baby isn't easy either. Parenthood is not easy!
    We have two cats and a dog and meal time is a mad house. Ds loves to feed them his dinner  :s so not only is there no rest but I feel like I don't really eat either! Lol
  • @pourmeanothermocktail I was immediately exhausted with my first (11 months) and I’m now always exhausted...so idk? He’s still up multiple times a night. Nausea hasn’t hit me yet but I’m only 5+2.
  • @pourmeanothermocktail I was immediately exhausted with my first (11 months) and I’m now always exhausted...so idk? He’s still up multiple times a night. Nausea hasn’t hit me yet but I’m only 5+2.
    Nausea didn't hit til maybe 6/7 weeks for me both times. I only had a few weeks between my two where I kinda slept through the night-my oldest didn't start until 22 months. I just can't tell if I'm extra tired-it's been years. My bladder knows though-it's always been my first and most noticeable symptom.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My nausea right now comes and goes and at this point is more like "nothing sounds good" not true nausea - the real nausea hit me at 7 weeks w/ Emma, so we'll see.

• @saladflambe I'm awful first thing, have my root beer and it turns into every to sounds disgusting. I can't bring myself to eat much for fear of puking it up. 
  • aww @runwmusic - have you tried preggie pop drops? those saved me with Emma.

I am sure the real nausea will hit me in a few weeks. I remember being like "la la la i'm not going to have morning sickness! go me!" and it literally hit me overnight like BOOM ....

• Anyone else already have super amazing nose? Can smell food going bad down the street, know your baby poops before they do???
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • To be fair, I could smell my child's need to poop long before getting pregnant lol. But, yes, my sense of smell & taste has already changed. I spat out potato chips because they seemed unearthly salty - but my coworker said they were normal.

• MaximumEffortMaximumEffort member
    edited October 2019
    Yes, I have a super nose and it does not always make work enjoyable.  There are so many smells on my unit and most are not good and I sneeze all the darn time. 

@saladflambe I also find things too salty right now.  I thought it was due to a recent illness.  I have Laryngitis for about 3 weeks and at the end I lost my sense of taste for a few days. 
  • My smell is so strong too.  I can smell a smoker two aisles over. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:  not 100% sure, I think EDD is 6/7

How old is/are your other kid(s)?  DS is almost 4.5 and DD is 2.

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? They don't know yet. I'm waiting until after the ultrasound on the 28th to tell our families so I don't want them to ruin the surprise!

Any questions/concerns? Nope! 

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around? 
    Lots of cramping and achiness, which I had with pregnancy#2 also.  No major nausea now, thank goodness.  I never had it with my first, but had a tough time with my second. TBH, minus the total exhaustion, I forget sometimes that I'm pregnant. I kinda want more symptoms so that it feels real!

Pregnancy Ticker

• EDD/Weeks + Days: June 3, 6 + 1

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 5 and 3, both boys

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? In general, great.  My 5 year old is in kindergarten and loves it.  My 3 year old is super independent but also sneaky, so you really have to keep an eye on him.  My 5 year old has declared twice since I found out that there is a baby girl in my belly.  We have not told them I am pregnant.  I really hope he's right, though :P  We will probably tell them after my first appointment at the end of the month.  I know they are going to be super excited.  They definitely ask for a baby!

Any questions/concerns? A little concerned on the transition from 2 to 3 simply because we have a 3 bedroom house and this means the older boys shacking up.  Ultimately I think it will be ok, but I feel a little bad about taking that privacy away from them, despite that they literally only sleep in their rooms.

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around?  I'm in a pretty typical stage of just feeling blah. I think the bloat started basically the second the baby implanted, and now the nausea is kicking in which is on par with my previous pregnancies.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4w4d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 7 and 5

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? They are fine. They don’t suspect anything yet 

Any questions/concerns? I’ve had 5 miscarriages, the last ending in an ectopic with emergency surgery and loss of one tube. That was 18 months ago. I hadn’t seen a positive pregnancy test since so I didn’t think our parts worked anymore. I just found out two days ago because I was in denial. Just had bloodwork done this morning and go back Saturday. The original ectopic numbers doubled but the tests didn’t get dark quickly like my babies tests and I spotted almost the entire time. I’m not having any of those issues so just hoping the baby is in the right spot!

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around? The extreme exhaustion is back in full force. Took two naps today oh man!  For my two babies I always got the nausea right at 6w so just hanging in there
    About to be 2 under 2 up in here!

BabyFetus Ticker

• EDD/Weeks + Days: June 6th/ 5w5d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? My girls are 3.5 and 22 months 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? We haven’t told them yet but I was planning on it at my first appt. I’m a SAHM and we don’t have any family nearby so the girls will be coming along for the appt! Although today while getting the girls ready for bed my husband said something about my stomach (third baby so I already have a little pooch) and my oldest goes “there’s a baby in there!” We haven’t mentioned it in front of them at all sooooo 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Any questions/concerns? No! 

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around? Similar symptoms to my previous pregnancies- exhausted and nauseous 24/7. The only new things is I’ve been cold the last few days which is weird because I ALWAYS run hot. 
  • @diagonalley I hear yah on the space thing. We live in a two bedroom flat (700 sq feet lolll) so it’s going to take some Organization to make it work! FWIW I room shared with one of my sisters three years before we moved into a bigger house and really enjoyed it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @diagonalley space is going to be an issue here too! We have a 3-bedroom house, but one bedroom is DH’s office and he works from home so he needs that space. We’ve been casually looking for a bigger house but now I guess we better really look. Although DS still sleeps in our bed every night (reallyyyy need to transition him) so who knows. 
  • @BabyO2016 so many littles knowing mom is pregnant on this board! So funny. So far this pregnancy is nothing like my last. I was freezing for awhile too,but then I ended up with a cold. Hope it passes for you!
  • This morning, I drove my daughter to school, and she was SO HAPPY to get to spend time with me...and I got super emotional about the fact that, someday sooner than I'd like, my kids will probably not be so thrilled for time with MOM.  :'( ...and now I know why grandkids are so exciting... 'cus you get to go through that "they love me more than anything" thing again - only this time, you don't even have to do the hard part of raising them!...

So now I can't wait for my kids to give me grandkids  :D

• I’m currently hiding from my daughter after she spent 30 minutes repeatedly asking me for ice cream for breakfast. It’s DH’s turn! 

Also on the topic of kids with a 6th sense for pregnancy - my DD keeps talking about her baby brother and said yesterday she was going to be draw a picture for him. If this baby is a boy i‘m going to be seriously spooked!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @diagonalley my oldest is also in kinder and has been asking for a baby sister for a year now! Maybe our boys will be correct  ;)

Oh and my two boys (5&2) room share and love it! 
  • Just found this board and love it!

EDD: 5+1

i have a 17 month old who is currently dropping a nap so this mama is a little tired. she doesn’t know yet but I think she’s too young to get it anyway. Her current favorite phrase is “Help me” which is absolutely adorable, so she’s good!

Yes to symptoms because so much bloat and off and on nausea. I only finished nursing her two weeks before we found out about this Junebug so not so much on the cup size changes like last time. 

Tbis is so so fun to read about everyone else’s babes! I can’t wait for DD to have a sibling and get to fight over rooming arrangements too :)

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 5 + 1, June 12th

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 4 year old son and 18 month girl

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? My son is doing great except afternoons he’s incredibly wild and its when my energy level is the lowest so I’m finding that challenging. 

My daughter is still nursing a lot and it’s getting uncomfortable. I nursed my son through 6 months pregnant with my daughter so trying to make it a little longer but I just wish she’d cut down.

Any questions/concerns? Nope 

I know we're all super early on, but I'm curious if anyone is already having different or similar symptoms/experience this time around? My nausea is definitely sooner this time around and the exhaustion seems to be worse too but that’s probably because I have two kids now lol.