Trying to Get Pregnant

Introducing Myself

Hi!  :)

I'm new here, so I wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I are TTC. I'm 27 and he's 26. We have two dogs and probably too many houseplants  :#

We only recently began seeking medical advice/treatment. I received a PCOS diagnosis in September which wasn't entirely a surprise to me given my symptoms. As of right now, we're not sure what our next steps are-- most likely Clomid, but I have a follow up appointment to discuss options next week. 

I seem to be the only one in either of our (quite large) families who is struggling or has struggled with fertility issues, and I don't think I'm really ready to discuss it yet with loved ones (other than mh, of course). So, I'm hoping this community will be a healthy way to connect with others who are on the same journey. I've been surprised to find how isolating this experience can be. 

I feel bittersweet about the PCOS diagnosis. On one hand, it certainly feels good to have a reason why my body acts so unpredictably and why we've had trouble conceiving thus far. On the other hand, this answer sort of makes the fertility issues that much more "real" instead of just something that will work itself out in time (like I had been halfheartedly reassuring myself). Currently, I'm working on staying hopeful and not letting my "okay-let's-fix-it-what-do-we-do-next" attitude take over too much. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to lurking and contributing on here. Hubs is the best and so very supportive, but I think there's something uniquely comforting about connecting with other women. Our bodies are amazing and can also be so complicated sometimes! 
me: 27
hubs: 26
ttc #1: 4/19
dx: PCOS

Re: Introducing Myself

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited October 2019
    @faith_2911 Welcome! I’m glad you’re joining us; you will find lots of support here from women who can relate exactly to how you’re feeling. It sounds like you’ve had a challenging journey already—hopefully having friends here will make it that much less lonely & actually enjoyable for you! :smile:
    On another note:
    If you don’t mind, will you reintroduce yourself in the thread called “Newbie Intros”? (We like to keep the board really organized for easy navigation.) We messed up & no one posted a new one this week, but new members have been posting their intros in last week’s thread here:

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12747323/newbie-intros-w-o-9-30/p2
  • edited October 2019
    @faith_2911 hello! Thank you for your intro! We try to avoid one off posts like this though..  So please move your intro over to the newbies intro board, then feel free to hop in on daily posts! Hope your stay is short and sweet! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @keikilove ha! I didn’t see your comment! Just made a new discussion to help the confusion! 
  • @photographerwife Ha! Posting at the same time, kind of like talking over each other on a conference call😄

@faith_2911 Not to confuse you, but you can also post in the new thread that Photographerwife just created for this week! https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12747620/newbie-intros-w-o-10-7#latest
  • Thank you! Will do. Sorry, I thought I had read somewhere on the welcome page to start a new thread for intros, but I must have been mistaken! I'll copy and paste the info into a post there and delete this one. 
  • @faith_2911 you're actually correct, one of the pinned threads does say to start a new thread to introduce yourself. TTGP is the only board that doesn't follow that as you can sometimes end up with quite a few people intro-ing in the same week so the weekly newbie intro thread works better here.

Welcome!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Ah, thanks for the clarification! And that definitely makes sense. Sorry for cluttering the board. On that note, do you happen to know if it's possible for me to delete this one? When I went to edit it, I didn't see an option to delete. 
  • @faith_2911 nope, there's no option to delete threads. It's fine if you just leave it. Eventually it will move down as our daily and weekly threads get created. No worries!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Okay, thanks for the help!