June 2020 Moms

Waiting for first doctor’s appointment - so nervous. Anyone else?

I’m 5 weeks today, and don’t have an appointment until 7 weeks.  The waiting is making me anxious.  I have some symptoms, but nothing severe (which was the same with my first I think..), just some tiredness, a bit moody, frequent need to pee and slightly tender breasts.  But I’m 36 and it just gets me nervous until I see that first heartbeat!  Anyone else with me?  How are you all holding up?

Re: Waiting for first doctor’s appointment - so nervous. Anyone else?

• I am 6 weeks yesterday and have my first appointment next Friday.  This is my time pregnant and my anxiety is through the roof! I don’t know what should feel right or wrong and of course I google everything! I’m just trying to stay busy and not think about it! I have mild symptoms as well. But I have mild cramping sometimes on the left side and sometimes my stomach. Nothing major and no spotting but makes me worry a bit. So I feel your pain!  Best of luck to you!
  • Good luck to you too!  I don’t remember cramping from my first pregnancy, and it’s really mild but it still makes me anxious!!
  • Loading the player...
  • My midwife doesn't see me until 8 weeks and it's after my dating ultrasound (same day). I'm 35 and a little anxious. I dont feel great but other times I definetly dony feel awesome. Nothing to do if something goes wrong anyways. 
  • I won't see my midwife til I'm 8 weeks either ... I'm super anxious because, based on dating on old pictures, it looks like, with my daughter, I had a super dark pregnancy test line by like 11 dpo, and that's not the case this time. The line is getting darker, but it's not as dark as it was for her, so now my anxiety is horrible. I've fallen down a pee stick rabbit hole just wanting to be in control of something.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @saladflambe I'm still checking line progression on cheapies too because of my anxiety and my line didn't get dark until this morning at 17dpo. Don't worry too much!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Me. There's no way to know and they scheduled my first ultrasound for exactly six weeks. I wish it was later because it's really hard to find a heartbeat that early and I know it's just going to send me into cloud of anxiety having it so soon. 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Hello,
    So today I'm 5 weeks & 4 days. My first appointment is  Tuesday, 10/15/19. I'm very excited but I'm wondering if we will be able to hear the little one heartbeat since it's so early.  I had my second son one day shy of (35 weeks & 5  days) 36 weeks because my blood pressure was super high and I was told I'd be induced right after my first 9-month check-up. So I'm a little concerned. During my second pregnancy, I was married to my Ex-Wasband, and he kept me stressed during my 2nd and 3rd Trimester.  My current Husband is praying and calm, full of faith, God-fearing Man. So this experience will be different, I declare!!!!!
    TTMills,
    "wishing all the mommies a healthy & happy nine months of pregnancy"
  • @ttmills620 I had my apt at 6+3 but baby was measuring 6+1. They said you won't see the hb until 6w so if you ovulated late or are off by a day it may be too early. You'll know more you are there and worst case they'll have you come back in a week later. 
  • I am so nervous too! My doctor called and rescheduled yesterday and I had a MELTDOWN.
  • I am only 4.5 weeks along. And my first appointment is almost a month away. I’m losing my mind. Overthinking everything. I’m almost praying for the morning sickness to start as a comfort that everything’s okay. 
  • A nervous wreck over here! I’m 38 with a not so great fertility history. First appt is next week at 8 weeks. I’ve never made it that far. I really wish I felt sicker, I think oddly it would make me feel better about this! 

"Expectation is the mother of all frustration" -Antonio Banderas
  • kiki75 said:
    I know that waiting until 8 weeks seems torturous. Trust me. I'm over here all

but it's really the kindest thing. This is the sweet spot where it's as early as possible but puts most people into a place where the ultrasound results should be pretty definitive. *TW* When they do them too early and there's no cardiac activity, people can get caught in that maybe you just ovulated late or maybe this or maybe that or maybe if your appointment had been just two days later, you'd have seen something. Then they're in that terrible limbo of "come back in a week and we'll see if the embryo has grown sufficiently". It's much better to spend that time waiting on just the stress level you have not knowing anything than to spend a week waiting for a follow up when you're freaking out. 

So just enjoy it for what it is today.
    *perma-lurker status*

*TW* speaking from experience, the 6 week ultrasound limbo is horrible. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Oh gosh! I’m right there with you! I’m at 6 weeks and 2 days and my first appointment is a week from now. I don’t really know what to expect! There will be many firsts in this next, well... rest of my life. Haha
  • Super anxious, don't have my appointment until mid-November and it seems forever away
  • Super super anxious. I have my next appointment for bloodwork and everything next week. But the ultrasound clinic refuses to do ultrasounds until 8 weeks so that’s still an entire month away 🙃
  • @bbluemoo I feel your pain. I can’t get an ultrasound till 8 weeks too and that’s another month away for me also. Ugh it kills me waiting. 🤨
  • Hang in there ladies... I have my first appointment on Wednesday which will be 7 weeks.. ugh hoping it will reduce this stress and anxiety!  Although the 9 week NIPT test is another milestone in my opinion.  We announced after we got good results after that test...  hoping for the same here!
  • @dirftmd I'm also scheduled for my intake appt Wednesday.  I just crossed 7 weeks today and they are planning on scheduling for a first ultrasound next week.  I got outed today by someone who had no clue so now I have 2 friends who know.  Oops.  LOL
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Giant ball of nerves here too, following an early loss in the spring ugh
  • @horsesmeetbaby haha oh no!  How’d you get outted?  So much waiting... although feeling more symptoms lately, soooo tired and boobs are sooo sore.   Better than nausea at least.
  • @dirftmd Long story short Friend 1 said they would take my place doing something physical to help Friend 2 because I was special.  What she ment was because I had a bad knee I would have been less useful.  Friend 2 looked at me and said "Are you?".  I was too slow to make up something to say and they figured it out. lol. Here's to a quick and positive couple weeks! 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • @horsesmeetbaby haha I’m the worst liar when unprepared so I would’ve done the same!