April 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in week of 10/7

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss (or losses).

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY- What’s your favorite candy?

Re: PGAL Check-in week of 10/7

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    13+2 / April 11 / 2nd time mom but FTM in everything bringing baby home

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    DD was stillborn at 40+1 in Sept 2018

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Anxious for my next apt but enjoying each symptom for what it is!

None until 10/24. Seems like so far away!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

nothing concerning loss but i am on my last week of 1st tri!!!

chocolate would be Reese’s PB cups
    sugar would be nerds 
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    4/30, 10w4d, 2DDs and 1 SD

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    One loss at 9 weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 
    Physically starting to feel better.  Still tired but less nauseous.  I've been getting a bunch of headaches and I think I'm coming down with a cold.  

We have out NT/NIPT next week on Oct 16

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Nope

Next week is 12 weeks! 

I have lots of favorites.  Sour Patch kids, peanut butter cups (Trader Joes are the best), Kit Kats, Twix.

• Loading the player...
  • @mandarenee898 Yay for 2nd Tri!!!! 
  • edited October 2019
    1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    Edd-4/26. Third time mom

2. Previous loss(es)? Lost my son at 6wks old 3/2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? We painted the room that was supposed to be for our son Spencer yesterday to start getting it ready for this peanut and it hit me hard. Just hard.

4. Any appointment updates? CVS tomorrow. Seriously need all the good news to start feeling ok at all

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Sooo tired

6. Any milestones coming up? CVS is the big one for us bc we need to know so much!! Seriously, I just need all the good news. Also will learn gender and that's exciting 

7. GTKY- What’s your favorite candy? Sour patch kids are high up there and frozen gummy bears.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 13+3/April 10/FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? BO at 10 weeks in April 2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically I am doing pretty well. Exhausted completely still, and starving all the time! Emotionally I’m at the anxiety point the week before hearing baby’s heartbeat again at the doctors office. I just need it to be my next appointment already to calm down! 

4. Any appointment updates? Next one is October 16. Had my genetic testing done via bloodwork (NIPT I think?) a week and a half ago and just heard back that all is good for baby! 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? My comprehensive exam for my masters degree is due Friday, and I requested a personal day for Wednesday to work on it. My principal denied my request because of a sub shortage. I’m furious! But, I guess this just means I need to really focus on it after school hours. Also, my resting heart rate has gradually been going down. It has me mildly freaking out, but I honestly think it’s just because I’ve calmed down about losing this baby. Who knows. Everything’s fine, I’m sure I’m just freaking out for no reason. 

6. Any milestones coming up? End of first tri!!!! Woohooooo! 

7. GTKY- What’s your favorite candy? Anything currently. Lol. I normally am not a fan of snickers, but I can’t get enough of them right now. Especially the peanut butter ones... yum!!!! 
  • Sore from the CVS yesterday. 10-14days til we get the main results we need.
    Please Please Please be all clear.

I don't think I have the capacity to deal with this baby having issues and us needing to make decisions that we don't have info on.
    Ex: We will know if they have Noonans or not, but not the severity. So if it is a yes- they could have it like me where I just need heart monitoring every few years. Or they could have it worse than my daughter who had open heart surgery at 1yo.  They could also have respiratory issues like my son who passed away did.
    The test only says yes or no- there is no way to know severity or issues until they are born. It would just be a gamble and I don't want to have to gamble. I just want this baby to be a solid NO to the conditions. 

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • @smallbutmighty77 I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and praying that you get a clear cut "no". It is so hard waiting. We are in a similar situation, I am a carrier for a genetic mutation and we will (hopefully) have answers in two weeks. I hope the next 10-14 days go by quickly for you!

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 13w1d, 4/14, 6th pregnancy- DD is 3

2. Previous loss(es)? (3) MCs- most recent in April
    DS was delivered stillborn at 22+ w due to severe genetic abnormalities

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I am doing okay, still battling this never ending cold. Things are weighing heavy on my mind right now with pregnancy & infant loss day coming up on Tuesday. It just makes me miss DS and it makes me sad that anyone has to be experience pregnancy loss.

4. Any appointment updates? Seeing my PCP on Friday, should get the referred to my OB then. I have another u/s with genetics and MFM on Oct. 23rd at 15w.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? DD has been challenging lately, 3 is rough so far and her sleep regressing isn't helping. I hope we can get past this phase soon, it's exhausting on top of being exhausted.

6. Any milestones coming up? Oct 15th is always a tough day, I will be going to the Wave of Light celebration that our city puts on at City Hall with my MIL.

7. GTKY- What’s your favorite candy? Kit Kat, M&Ms, Reese's and anything sour! I have a big sweet tooth.
  • @doraleigh35 it is tough. I did a blog post today on loss month. How everyone is different and not to put everyone's loss in the same box. 
    It is so hard and everyone goes through it differently and feels differently and thinks about their own loss differently. 
    But this month is tough...waiting on answers is tough. It's all tough. I'm with you. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss