May 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-In w/o 10/7

Re: PGAL Check-In w/o 10/7

• Thanks to all for the feedback about social media announcing.  I think I'm going to be open about our journey to get here.  If even one person reaches out to me to say they've struggled and I can give them someone they can talk to about it, then it's a victory.  I do worry about my MIL saying something insensitive, but she'll say something insensitive no matter what it seems, sometimes.  Plus at least if I'm open about it, then she's just openly being an asshole and not just unknowingly.  I think I'm going to incorporate a rainbow announcement into it and keep it fairly general.  

@queenklau I'm 10w this week and can't get in for a scan appointment at this point.  We leave for a family vacation next week and I'm hoping that will help to pass the time before my scan the week after.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @queenklau I have been having regular pins and needles feelings in my hands as well, but never thought it could be pregnancy related.  Now you have me thinking.

In terms of your transfer at work, I am not saying put your career on hold, just saying consider if you can handle the added stress of changing positions and/or added responsibility while you are going through everything else.  Only you know what the job entails and your co-workers and if you can handle it.  Also I would not feel obligated to speak about previous losses, but you could say something like “I am pregnant and if all goes well the baby will be born in May.  I do plan to take x amount of time leave per company policy but plan to continue working up until x date provided my doctor is ok with this.”  Something that acknowledges that pregnancy and your health are somewhat unpredictable (you could be on bed rest or deliver earlier than expected) but that you are committed to the company and plan to continue working as much as allowed.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 9w2d/May11/ mom to 2 boys 

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 CP July ‘12 & 1 MMC in Feb ‘19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I’m not feeling as nauseous and I’m honestly a bit stressed about it. That was my emotional safety net and now I’m worrying myself into having nightmares I’m miscarrying and feeling very depressed.  

4. Any appointment updates? I have an appointment on Friday that I’m so worked up about that I’m even crazily thinking about cancelling. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? With DS1 nausea stopped around now but with DS2 it continued into 12-13 weeks. Am I overreacting? I’ll answer that, of course I am. But I doesn’t mean I’m wrong. 

6. Any milestones coming up? No. Just praying I don’t have bad news on Friday. 

Bonus: I think since this is my third and in light of people suffering from infertility and losses I’m going to skip that SM announcement if this pregnancy continues. I’ve announced the other two and it was fun, but I’ve enjoyed that experience and I think I just want to be sensitive to that and the fact that a close friend of mine has just experienced a loss, and I’ll just introduce baby when they’re here, God-willing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista I'm so sorry you're feeling so anxious.  If it helps, I know a lot of people's nausea comes and goes in the later part of the first tri.  Mine included.  It also makes me nervous, but then it comes back with a vengeance.  Isn't it so odd to wish for feeling terrible?  Please keep your appointment on Friday for reassurance!  I hope it goes well and you get nothing but great news.  <3  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @Austenista Around 9-10 weeks is when the placenta starts taking over our hormones.  The nurse told me that is when a lot of symptoms tend to change and/or ease up as it's a time of transition.  I suspect that likely the fluctuation you are seeing and all is just fine.  Hang in there.  Don't cancel your appointment.  You need the reassurance.
  • @pirateduck, those are good points. Thankfully the new job is likely very similar or less stressful than my current one.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom?  8+6, I have a 2 yo DD

2. Previous loss(es)? First pregnancy was a BO/MMC in 2015 at 11 weeks (sac was 6 weeks)

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically my symptoms have ramped up in the last week. Today I feel super emotional and almost cried over the dumb traffic this morning, I've also had some low key nausea all day. I am super thankful to finally be feeling some symptoms, it is so reassuring!

4. Any appointment updates? Ultrasound on Friday, I cannot wait. DH cannot make it, so I am nervous just in case it isn't good. We will see.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

6. Any milestones coming up? If the ultrasound goes well and there is a baby in there it will be better than my loss ultrasound.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @rachelg777 Wow you can already find the HB on the doppler?! That is awesome!

@shamrocandroll I hope the next few weeks fly by until your next scan! I'm glad you were able to reach back out to your friend, I hope things improve and you can open up to her soon. Yes to the maternity wear being more stylish! I was so excited to look through my bin to see all the clothes that fit my style way better than my super old regular wardrobe. As for announcing, we will tell our immediate family and close friends in November at DD's birthday party. I will tell some more extended family the next week at deer camp. Then I figured I will see several family members over Christmas and tell them at that point. Maybe I will do social media around new years and will still probably include information about my first loss, especially since I was due in May for that one. When we announced on social media for DD I included some stuff about my loss. I had so many people reach out publicly and privately and was able to help friends through their losses that happened after mine.

@splashmountain I'm sorry you are struggling with your mother right now. I hope your appointment went well.

@ieles2531 I'm sorry that you are struggling with the possibility of this baby having the same stuff your DS has. I hope you can get some reassurance at 18 weeks.

@pirateduck I think there was some stuff that fit the whole time, but pants I had some different sizes. However, I only actually bought a couple pieces brand new. My cousin gave me a huge tote of her clothes and I bought several at garage sales, and on FB marketplace. I know there is a belly band thing that you can wear over your bottoms so you don't have to button them. Some people love them for early pregnancy, I didn't care for them.

@mdfarmchick I'm glad you found a medication that helps!

@mokay19 FX for a great ultrasound today!

@queenklau I'm glad your scan went well. As for telling work, it is completely up to you and your comfort level. I already told my manager in confidence around 7.5 weeks letting her know it was still super early so I don't know how things will go.

@austenista I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. As for the lack of nausea... every pregnancy is different. But I get the anxiety, I haven't had any nausea until the last week (8-9 weeks) and it had me second guessing constantly!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Update: I went to Walmart to grab a few things. My kryptonite this pregnancy is fresh bread. All I smell is the yeast and it gags me. I legitimately almost threw up right there in the bakery section. Now I’m sick again. Never been so thankful for being sick. Thanks y’all for the encouragement. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @shamrocandroll you are not crazy! I’m glad she is setting your mind at ease before your trip. Big hugs. Also, I hope you have an amazing dinner since lunch was so awful. 
  • @shamrocandroll I’m so glad that you reached out to her and expressed your concerns and worries and that she’s accommodating you! Also, the food saga made me hungry thinking about it all!

AFM: I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief today when Baby measured 7+4 as it should! That means I’ve made it past my losses.... doesn’t make me less crazy though! I had some bleeding around my uterus (or like just on the other side of where baby is) but she said that it’s very normal and will either reabsorb or I might spot a little. Since I’m going out of town for work Tues-Friday next week, she’s having me come in on Monday evening for another check because she knows how anxious that I am haha
  • Aaaaand I fell down 3 stairs last night and landed on my back.  I'm sure it wasn't enough to do anything serious, but of course it's not helping my anxiety any.  Glad to be getting checked today!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll oh my goodness! I hope you and baby are completely okay. Thankful for your scan today!
  • @shamrocandroll it’s so scary when you do something like that, glad you can see baby today and fx for a perfect scan!
  • @mokay19 @rachelg777 Thanks.  I feel like I'll feel a lot better if everything checks out okay today, but then again, I say that about every scan and yet here we are.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll That's so scary! I hope your scan goes well today. And gives you peace of mind for approx. 6.2 hours. 😆
  • @ruby696 #truthbomb  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Oh no! I hope you are ok @shamrocandroll and that the scan goes well today!

I fell up & down the stairs multiple times when I was pregnant with DD. Never like in the movies with the full fall down all the stairs. More like miss stepping and sliding down/up and landing hard. Once I even scraped my arm pretty bad on the rail. Pregnancy makes me super klutzy.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua Thanks!  I had to sit there for about a minute because it hurt my back and my arm, and I was a little bit limpy afterwards, but no remaining pain today.  I tripped over my slippers, which are now going to be thrown away because it's not the first time I've done that in those slippers.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Same @m6agua. I fall frequently when pregnant. I blame loose ligaments. I'm going to have to start taking the elevator at work soon because the two flights of cement stairs (in heels) is going to be a problem.
  • @ruby696 Yikes.  I couldn't do that on a good, non-pregnant day.  You take that elevator, girl!  You deserve it.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll oh no! I’m glad you aren’t feeling the effects today at least. I hope that your scan can ease your mind for a little bit. When is it?
  • @mdfarmchick 3:30 EST
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I’ll check back for an update after lunch here 
  • @shamrocandroll so glad that you put the time zone 😆
  • @mokay19 I'm a quick learner.  Sometimes.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll Oh good, I don't have to wait that long! 
  • Great news @shamrocandroll! What a relief! ❤
  • @shamrocandroll woohoo! It’s a good day. ♥️
  • Glad you and the baby are doing well. 

Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • Is anyone else feeling their pants tightening to the point that you probably can't wear them any longer? 

I feel like I'm growing too fast which would be okay if I wasn't trying to prelong telling work about this until (ideally) the end of the year. 
    Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • @tj_2 I can button all my pants, but it’s certainly not comfortable and I have already decided there are a few pairs I’m not wearing again anytime soon.  I’m not quite ready to buy bigger/maternity pants, but the number of slacks in my work clothes rotation is shrinking!
  • Also I know we’ve been discussing when/how to tell people.  I think I will be telling work at the end of October.  I will have had one more appointment and will be at the end of the first trimester.  I usually shift my schedule starting in Nov. which my boss already mentioned, but being pregnant changes what I want to do with my schedule too, so it will likely be a good time to talk about it.
  • Man. The bleeding support thread has me all sad and teary tonight.

@pirateduck I’m so excited that you know when you want to tell work. It’s a great milestone for you. 

As for pants, if they don’t have a stretchy waistband, I’m probably not wearing them. But as a SAHM this is less of a problem than those of you who need to look professional for work. 
  • @mdfarmchick Me too. 💔 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll so happy for you that your scan went well today!! I fell a couple of weeks ago. DH had put his computer tower in a weird place and my sandal got caught. I landed on my bottom and it scared the crap out of me. I think everything was okay though. 

Tomorrow is my OB appt and I’m unbelievably scared and nervous. All the prayers and thoughts and dead cat shaking please that we have good news.

BabyFruit Ticker