Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 10/9

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Wednesday 10/9

• Morning ladies!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: bbt, hio, pnv

R/R: I feel really great today for some reason. I took a break from lifting last week because I did something to my back toward the end of the prior week. So I’m excited to get back in the gym during lunch today. My husband and I have been having amazing sex recently and I’m always down for it and compared pervious months. And I’m finally fertile, according to ff! Im
    predicting the O will be around Friday or Saturday. When I was on bc I started to O pain a few months again. Now I feel like I’m going to symptom watch the shit out of my body to see if I can match it with when ff says that I O. 
    Here is hoping that my day continues to get better and work goes well! 

CS/Q: 

Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 I agree with @feather_heather it's absolutely not rude to drink in front of them! You need it sometimes! Also, the value of not getting That Question is truly beyond words sometimes. Hoping work slows down for you soon, friend!

@feather_heather So freaking excited for you!!! I think it's very smart of you to be thinking to the future! Have you done PGS? That may impact whether or not you can donate? 

@blackgirlmagic Congrats on getting back into the gym! That's the best feeling!
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 - The plan is to do a fresh transfer, so that embryo would not receive any PGS. I am going to ask my doctor if any leftover embryos can be tested prior to being frozen. I think that would make sense, because then we would know which ones to choose for future transfers. The doctor said if we wanted to test them, then they have to be frozen, because the tests results take a few weeks. He didn't recommend taking that route because I've never actually gotten pregnant and never had a loss, so at the moment that is not a major concern. 

I don't think there is ever a good time to start all the testing, or to have to go thru fertility treatments. I have a lot of night meetings at work, and I'm already panicking a bit about when we do the egg retrieval and transfer and missing meetings, but c'est la vie! I'm probably going to end up telling my boss what is going on, so that I have a legitimate excuse to miss any meetings/work days. 
  • @feather_heather That makes sense! I also am planning on letting my bosses know once I have a treatment plan and schedule in place, I'm just going to make it all work and if I miss a few things then oh well. I work to live, not live to work. 

@tyrion_ I did discover it before I drove there thankfully!!! I was cooking dinner and thought to myself "hmmm. the google business hours said 8pm, but maybe I should call and confirm" and I did and was so irritated at myself. FX I can do it today!!! Because if I can't do it today it won't be until the end of next week now because next week is my busiest week at work :# 

• So so sorry about CD1 @photographerwife !

@inthewoods23 That's very true. The only hard part is having to disappear for 1-2 hours in the middle of the day which I usually NEVER do. Arguably though, all of the stress over work stuff is helping distract me from my personal life at the moment. Woke up at 5am thinking about this meeting next week, which was fun. :D I'm super glad they didn't find any of the bacteria!!!

• @photographerwife CD1 cramps 😆

@mvt2003 can you get in early before work? My clinic has appointments as early as 7, but does make earlier appointments if necessary - I needed 6:45 appointments the week of the IVF meds monitoring because I needed to be an hour away for work training that started at 8am that entire week!

@bluetickgal no shame lol. When I did the 3 days off for the FET, I was looking forward to the weekend when I got back to work on Thursday lol
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 This is my PCP, they're SUPER old school, and are only 8:30-5. I work 30 minutes away with no traffic, so I'll just have to rush there and back at lunch! I specifically chose an OB-GYN practice that was close to work and home for that reason though! 

• Thanks everyone for the reassurance that I wasn’t rude. I’m so sorry if I took anyone off guard by not adding a TW, I’m going to edit my post.  

@blackgirlmagic I’m glad your back is feeling better. I hope your day continues to be great 

@feather_heather that’s amazing that you guys are going to donate your embryos if you can. I’d like to think I’d do the same but I’m sure it’s not an easy decision 

@mvt2003 are you able to do work at home in the evening? It really does wonders for my guilt and stress levels when I need to take care of other things during the day 

@inthewoods23 I’m glad your tests are all going well! I hope you get a darker OPK soon. Mine (wondfos) always go from very light to positive out of nowhere 

@photographerwife I’m sorry to see you here ❤️they do know we are TTC. TW for PG friend
    We don’t see each other in person that often so she announced to us via group text and for some reason later in the convo i decided to mention that I hoped I would be joining her soon. I’m not sure why I did that haha. 

@bluetickgal I hope you are enjoying your day off! And then you’ll have a short work week this week! Nice way to ease back in from vacation. 

• @bows22 I can if necessary, but a lot of my stuff involves things that either need to be in the building OR during business hours, which is hard! 

• @inthewoods23 - Yeah, I said that I would really want it to be an open adoption, so that we can periodically meet up and the kids could have some sort of relationship. I'm not sure how I would feel about having a kid out there that is biologically mine and not knowing how their life is! It's really not something we have to worry about for years anyways, and maybe we won't end up having any leftover and won't have to worry about it at all. It's such a complex thing to think about!
  • @NamelessAria I can’t help but read MTHFR as mother effer. I’m such a child. Sorry about the pumpkin bread. 
  • @tyrion_ haha for the longest time I would see people write it on threads and I'm like "motherf*cker? That's weird." And now I have known I have it for almost 3 years and I still hear "motherf*cker" in my head when I read it/write it. You aren't the only one!
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @tyrion_ lol same.

But maybe that's due to everything else in the IF world being sounded out vs saying the individual letters.... Well excluding IVF.

FET is feht, not F.E.T.
    ICSI is ick-see, not I.C.S.I.
    ERA is ear-rah, not E.R.A

@feather_heather same, and at the same time I wonder how that conversation would go - you were adopted before you were a growing fetus. Super awkward to say to a kid that's yours but not yours.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @tyrion_ @NamelessAria same on the MTHFR thing! I’m also a child haha Also @NamelessAria I guess ninja sex with your parents in the house is better than your H being out of town but ugh. i hope somehow you can avoid both!
  • Month/Cycle:1/1?

CD: 15 or 1??

WAYDTGKU: PNV, temp

R/R: So this afternoon I felt like I was getting pretty lubed up and actually feel like having sex so I thought ok, cool, I must be getting close to ovulating. Then I got home and... turns out it’s blood. I always have a shorter cycle but 15 days really? I did go off birth control a few days into my last cycle but I usually snap back to normal pretty fast. Hopefully it’s just a little rando spotting but I don’t think so. It’s significant like the start of a period. 

CS/Q: 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• @bows22 never feel bad about having a drink in front of someone. Having a drink to answer their question about your journey is the perfect way to give them an answer. 
    @feather_heather why are men so stubborn?! I truly do t get why they don’t want to go to the doctor when something is wrong. That’s great that the insurance approved your IVF! 
    @mvt2003 I did not make it to the gym today. I forgot that my IT group was doing a pizza celebration for the end of the fiscal year. I didn’t really want to go, but I needed to introduce myself to the director of IT since I’ve never formally meet her before. But I love working with them that I was just talking to them for an hour. But I’m proud of myself for only having one slice of pizza. 
    @tyrion_ I’m going with my body knows what the mission is and is doing everything in its power to make it happen 😁
    @photographerwife sorry about cd 1. 
    @HotSauceSwagBag hopefully it’s not a full blown cycle. How short are your cycles typically?
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• edited October 2019
    @HotSauceSwagBag hopefully it’s not a full blown cycle. How short are your cycles typically?
    Usually my LP is short, like 10 days, so a total of about 24 days. I was wondering why the heck I wasn’t feeling like I was anywhere near ovulating yet. Guess my ovaries are just like nah this month. But you would think that would make it longer, not shorter. 

healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• edited October 2019
    @bows22 why do we do this to ourselves?! 🤦🏼‍♀️
    @NamelessAria hopefully it won’t be too bad with your parents in town! My husband is weird about stuff like that too! 
    @konoha Happy anniversary! The wreath looks sooo good against the color of your door! 
    @HotSauceSwagBag I hope you get some clarity soon. I know it took me forever to get regular way back when I got off of Bc. It’s been several years and I was in the depo, but it seriously took like a year! I hope it evens out for you very soon. 
    @bluetickgal hope you were able to get lots done today, and still get some rest!
    @whatsbumpinpumpkin im glad everything has semi calmed down for our. Fx for you soon! 💕

Edit to fix spacing. Idk what’s up with my thebump today. 
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin glad you’re back to 0. It’s a weird and frustrating wait.