Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 10/9

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Wednesday 10/9

• Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 32/5

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LP length: 11-13 days, based on last cycle

Testing: WFAF

R/R: CHs moved back again today. Honestly, I'm not entirely convinced that I actually O'd though. My temps are way lower than last cycle's LP. I did do an OPK yesterday out of curiosity and it was low (I always get some sort of line on the wondfos-maybe that's an issue with my PCOS? I don't know). I'm just mentally ready for AF so I can move on to the next cycle and hope it's less confusing than this one.

CS/Q: 

Including last cycle's chart for reference:

• *lurking* @gingermama29 do you have anymore Opk’s to continue to test to see if you will o again? Or have you tried changing the time on ff and temp of cd29 to see if that affects your ch’s or not? 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Loading the player...
  • @blackgirlmagic if I discard that temp, my CHs do disappear. Yes I do have plenty of OPKs left to keep testing. I think this is an an-O cycle though. Ugh PCOS sucks.

@kpearse99 yeah the huge difference in charts is why I don't think I O'd yet. I'm crossing everything that these symptoms for you are because you're KU!  Those temping dreams are rough!! I had those a lot last cycle! I hope you can sleep better tonight.
  • @gingermama29 Do you see a RE for your PCOS? (Sorry, I should probably know that already, and I apologize for forgetting!)
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I don't see one yet. I went completely without a cycle after going off bc for nearly 3 years until I lost about 45 pounds. TW: PG
    I finally got a period in Feb that year, skipped March, got another in April and then got pregnant in May. We were NTNP at that point while I focused on getting healthier and weight loss which seems to help regulate my PCOS.
    I saw my midwife at the beginning of September and she said if after 6 months I'm not KU that I should call and they'd refer me to their OB who specializes in helping couples TTC. I think I need to really refocus on weight loss again too.
  • @gingermama29 I’m sorry this cycle is so frustrating. Based on the comparison with your other chart, I would agree that it doesn’t look like you O’d yet - which is so frustrating and I’m sorry! Hugs. Bodies are annoying. 

@kpearse99 5 more days! Woop woop! I am so excited for you!! 
  • Month/Cycle: 4/2

CD/DPO: 37/9

Timing: -2,-1,0

Typical LP length: unknown 

Testing: BFN this am. 

R/R: had a huge temp drop yesterday but it was back up today. Me and @kpearse99 really are dpo twins lol. I’m not super hopeful this cycle so I’m just ready to move on. I think December is our month. We are going to Disney and getting KU right before would mean I can’t ride most the rides so that’s for sure when it will happen lol. I’m just hoping that If this isn’t my cycle I have a shorter one next time. It would be nice to be closer to normal and not wait till like cd28 to O. 

CS/Q:none
    @gingermama29: sorry for the confusing cycle. How do you know if you ovulate or not? I’ve been wondering g if I’m having anovulatory cycles. 
    @kpearse99: I’ve been having super good vibes for your cycle this month. Maybe I just feel like it has to be one of us and I’m really feeling like this could be yours! 
  • @beckylookatherbump I really hope your super good vibes pay off!! We'll know soon enough! I really don't have a stong feeling one way or another, shockingly I just "am" this cycle... if that makes sense? I guess that's a good thing.
    So funny about our temps doing the same exact thing haha I love it! I totally feel ya on wanting a shorter cycle, for the sheer purpose of being able to try again sooner.  My cycles will only be shorter these next few tries because of the letrozole and trigger shot. Otherwise, I'd be right there with ya.
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @beckylookatherbump so with you on the long cycles - in fact we are cycle day buddies! Somehow I just realized this. Sorry about the BFN. December isn’t too far away! 

Also, still here 15dpo, too chicken to test.
  • @chaos-and-coffee: I, a pee on the stick addict says do it! 
  • Hi, everyone! I am new here and feeling the need for a supportive community. I don't understand all the acronyms yet haha but I'm going to do my best, and I'm not fully sure what might be a trigger for others, so I'm just going to issue a trigger warning to be on the safe side. Feel free to school me--I want to learn!

Month/cycle: 8/7

CD/DPO: 29/12

Timing: -4, -2, 0, +2

Typical LP length: 14ish

Testing: Like @beckylookatherbump, I'm also a pee-on-the-stick addict, so I've been using the cheap ones every morning for the last four days. Today's negative test was when I pretty much lost hope for this cycle.

R/R: I do not know what this acronym means lol--Is this the place where I tell you all how I'm losing my mind? Because I'm losing my mind...

CS/Q: Sorry, don't know what this one means either. @kpearse99 talked about her temperatures, so I'll take her lead and say that I just learned last week that BBT drops a day or two before your period, and mine has been down the last two days, sooo that's that.

Thanks for listening, all. Sending good vibes your way--this is not an easy road we're on.

• @ssbl Welcome!!! Trigger warnings (TW) are good to use anytime you talk about a pregnancy (like an announcement you saw on FB) or if you are talking about a loved one (LO - a child you already have or someone else's child)... things like that!  The CS/Q is for "Chart Stalk / Questions" - so if you are temping and keeping track of your chart you can post a picture of it there.  Or you can simply use that section to ask any questions you might have!  R/R is for "Rant and Rave" so yes hahaha it's exactly where you tell us that you are losing your mind  :D 
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 Thank you! I'm glad I wasn't too far off track with my guesses.
  • @beckylookatherbump eeeeep maybe tomorrow 🙈🙈🙈
  • @kpearse99 I just hate not having any idea what my cycle length will be because then I feel like we are hio and taking OPK’s forever and then by the time I actually o we are tired lol. 
    @ssbl: that’s normally where I mention losing my mind lol. Don’t worry the in the beginning it can be a little overwhelming but you pick up fast.
    @chaos-and-coffee: well my fingers are crossed for you so don’t let that go to waste my CD buddy! 
  • @ssbl welcome! I hope your stay here is short! ❤️ @beckylookatherbump I will take all the crossing of all the limbs. ❤️
  • @chaos-and-coffee thanks friend. 

@beckylookatherbump this is only my second full cycle temping, so I don't have a definitive way of knowing if it's an an-O cycle or not but I know I did last cycle and this one is behaving so differently that the last two with my temps and fertile CF. I've had all the bodily signs of O but without the sustained thermal shift so either it's an an-O, or I'm going to O suuuuuuuper late into my cycle. I'm already in CD 31. So sorry for BFN today.

@ssbl welcome! I hope you have a short stay here! It is a little daunting figuring out all of the acronyms and everything right away but hang in there. Everyone here is super helpful in kindly directing as needed. So sorry for the BFN this morning. 
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 22/7

Timing: 0

Typical LP length: 16 days

Testing: only if AF doesn’t show by 19-20

R/R: Our schedules have been insane lately. I am WFH today, but having trouble focusing which is unlike me unless I need to decompress. Trying to make it an easy day but still getting something done so my boss isn't like WTH tomorrow lol. 

@gingermama29  I would say based on your chart that you did ovulate, but I am no PCOS expert. I do know that OPKs can be triggered without O in PCOS because of the LH surge that happens multiple times. I would keep temping, it is your best bet to learn your cycles. I am cheering for you! 

@kpearse99 The PMS symptoms are so unreliable and all over the place! I wish they didn't mimic pregnancy ones so much! Fingers crossed for you since your temp did go back up this morning some! 

@ssbl hi and welcome! The acronyms are a lot to learn, but just ask, the women on this board are always super helpful! 

• @ramzlau I worked from home today too and felt the same way as you!! I was able to get a few things done, thankfully!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 love the WFH option! Yay for getting things done! I am obviously still procrastinating  :lol:
  • @gingermama29 Sorry- just here lurking because I've been searching the boards for "PCOS" trying to get a better handle on this experience. Just wanted to let you know I also have the OPK problem of getting multiple surges/generally high LH throughout my cycle and then wondering if I actually O'd. Also, temping hasn't worked well for me because even that was all over the place for me. I wanted to ask if (besides this cycle) you've had good luck using BBT to confirm O? FX you have a much more predictable cycle next month! I know how frustrating it can be to have PCOS make pretty much everything wild and irregular. 
    me: 27
    hubs: 26
    ttc #1: 4/19
    dx: PCOS
  • @faith_2911 hi! So I've only been temping for about 2.5 cycles (though they've been long cycles of around 40 days). On my last cycle, I am positive I O'd as I got the sustained thermal shift. 
    This cycle is my first using OPKs and I'm not sure if I'm just having an an-O cycle or a super late O (it's CD 36 for me right now). But so far using the BBT has been really helpful. Do you temp orally or vaginally? I know that can make a difference with what your chart looks like.  Either way, PCOS  is definitely incredibly frustrating. I hope your appointment goes well this week! 

• faith_2911faith_2911 member
    edited October 2019
    @gingermama29 Yay! That's exciting! Hopefully your upcoming cycles will be more like that last one. I also hope the OPKs work well for you. And thank you! :)
    I was temping orally w/ a BBT thermometer for about 3 cycles this summer, but the temperatures fluctuated so much from day-to-day that my chart looked like a bad haircut. I just shrugged it off like, "Well, my cycle hasn't been predictable in any other manner, so why would this be different?" BUT it seems like a lot of people on here have had good luck temping. Your last cycle is giving me hope! So, maybe I'll read some reviews and try again with a different thermometer. Is vaginally more accurate?

(Edited for grammar... oops!)
  • @faith_2911 I am by no means an expert, but I've noticed that my temps are very consistent with vaginal temping. I've heard others indicate similarly on here too.
  • @gingermama29 Good to know! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to look into that option.