June 2020 Moms

Pregnant After Loss 10/4

kiki75kiki75 member
edited October 2019 in June 2020 Moms
I know that this isn't the usual day for this thread but I wanted to get it started as the stress has certainly already started. 

ETA: Potential structure for this thread. It can absolutely be changed to suit everyone's desires.

Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

Previous loss(es)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up? 

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: Pregnant After Loss 10/4

• Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 5 + 1, 1 living child

Previous loss(es)? MMC at 9 weeks, CP

Mostly good. The usual. Sore boobs, fatigue, heartburn, just a slight undertone of nausea. Emotionally, trying to balance being excited so I don’t miss it because it won’t actually prevent hurt anyways, and taking my mind off of it so I can be chill. I keep trying to compare the pregnancies even though logically I know that symptoms don’t mean anything & each pregnancy is so different. Are my boobs as sore? I do have the heartburn. But my back doesn’t hurt enough...

Any appointment updates? 
    Counting down the days to October 30.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Nope!

Any milestones coming up? Nope.

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 6+1, DD is 6

Previous loss(es)? MMC at 9 weeks with twins, CP

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Trying to take it one day at a time.  I definitely have a wall up right now in attempt to protect myself.  I think I am just going to hold my breath until the first trimester is over.  This morning I definitely have symptoms.  Nausea, sore boobs, bring them on. 

Any appointment updates? I found out yesterday that my beta didnt quite double last week.  It was 2375 on Wednesday and went up to 4300 on Friday.  The doctor doesnt seem concerned about it, so I am trying not to be too.  Everything I read said it slows down after 1000.  First ultrasound is next Monday.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? None

Any milestones coming up? None
  • Loading the player...
  • Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom?
    Somewhere between 4 and 5 - I didn't have a period between this pregnancy and my miscarriage so it's hard to date. Will know better after second betas on Thursday. / 6/15 as of now but guessing that will change / 1 son (2yo)

Previous loss(es)?
    MC at 6+ weeks last month, no D&C needed

No symptoms yet, which is making me anxious, but I never had symptoms early on in my first pregnancy either. I will feel better after Thursday's HCG draw. In the meantime, I have been obsessively testing to make sure my lines are getting and staying darker.  :D  The FRER test line is darker than the control line as of today but those damn wondfos are still light! 

Any appointment updates? 
    Thursday blood draw. Last Thursday my HCG was 29. I didn't want to wait a week to get a second number to compare but that's what my midwife suggested. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    None

Nope
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KrizzistaKrizzista member
    edited October 2019
    Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 5+5, 2 boys age 4 and 2

Previous loss(es)? MMC at 12 weeks in June, had D&C

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Surprisingly well on both accounts. Tired and appetite is decreasing but nothing awful yet. I figured I’d be a hot mess, but I’m doing much better than I expected. 

Any appointment updates? I scheduled my first appointment for 9 weeks so I could go ahead and have the panorama done while I’m there. My MC was caused by Down syndrome. I almost didn’t do the panorama bc I never expected anything to be wrong. I am SO glad that I did and I learned it would’ve been my 3rd boy. The week between that appointment and when I get the results will be real rough for me I’m sure. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Can’t really think of anything. 

No

hope the time goes by quickly for you guys and get good news from blood draws/ultrasounds! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kerco925 Your ultrasound is coming soon!! If your doctor isn’t concerned about your beta and didn’t order another draw, I wouldn’t worry. 

@thinkpositive2017 Good luck with your draw today. Do you expect results today, too? The cheapies are so weird because they are good at detecting so little HCG but then are so disappointing for darkness with plenty of HCG. 

@Krizzista I’m glad that you’re doing pretty well right now. Since that is a random condition and not at all something that you carry, the odds are so low of it happening again. But PGAL brain doesn’t always care about logic. 

TTC since Feb 2016
  • @kiki75 I'll won't get the results until tomorrow. But I'm still tracking line progression on wondfos and got my darkest line yet this morning, so at least I know my levels are rising! Hoping for a nice high number tomorrow :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    I am 5 weeks 5 days. I have 3 living children 

Previous loss(es)? Three miscarriages in the last two years, each one more devastating than the last. 

i am exhausted, physically and mentally. It’s super hard for me to be positive about this pregnancy, when you want it so so so bad it’s hard to deal with.

Any appointment updates? I have an appointment next week and where I live they won’t even schedule you until you are 8 weeks. My appt next week is for another papsmear due to an irregular one a month ago. But I’m hoping they’ll do some tests 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Any ideas on how to make time go faster? 😂😂 how about tips for helping with sensitive/sore breasts? Lol 

Any milestones coming up? I’m not really sure, I’m looking forward to the 12 week mark! 

Just checking in, some days are harder than others and I often find myself selling myself to slow down when I get to looking at baby stuff! 
  • Hang in there @knottie I completely get why they wait until 8 weeks as a standard but.... gah. Waiting is so hard. 

TTC since Feb 2016

5w4d, June 11, I have 1 daughter(2.5yo)

Previous loss(es)?
    1 earlier this year

SUPER tired but no pregnancy symptoms otherwise which is scary.  I look for blood everyone I use the restroom which is sad and scary. 

Any appointment updates? 
    I had my first appointment Tuesday and will have my viability scan next Thursday. I’m going on a work trip Monday-Wednesday so I’m thankful that it will make Thursday come faster :)    

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
     I’m not looking forward to the “You don’t want a drink?” Questions on my work trip🙄

Any milestones coming up? my daughter is getting moved to the preschool room next week! #proudmom
  • @stacyd-2 I know how reassuring it is to have symptoms but the health of a pregnancy really has no bearing on them. And I’m with you on the obsessive TP checks. As for drinking on your trip, How well do your coworkers know what kind of drinker you are? I’ve had success with ordering beers that come in bottles or cans and also with ordering soda & lime at the bar. Planning ahead is key. If you know where you’re going, see if you can find out what beers they have in bottles or try to get to dinner first. 

TTC since Feb 2016
    5+2, 6/13, no living children

Previous loss(es)? 
    2, the most recent was in June, MMC at 9 weeks

Hopeful, trying my best to stay positive and not let the stress get to me, physically very tired and some back aches 

Any appointment updates? 
    First appointment next week, can't wait

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Quick rant..A close friend and I went through our losses at the same time in June. She is TTC again and now that I am pregnant I'm trying to figure out the best way to navigate this situation. I don't have many female friends so I don't want to put a strain on our friendship. I have so much irrational guilt. People pleaser to a fault. :/

Nope
  • Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? - 4+2, 6/21, STM (DS is 5)

Previous loss(es)? 2 MMC's, 2/19 and 6/19 both discovered at 8 weeks

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? - Incredibly hopeful which is also scaring me. After my most recent MC, both of which are unexplained. I moved to IVF/FET w/PGS testing. 

Physically I am ok, sore boobs, still feeling some twinges and pulling on/off but it's still really early so not expecting much yet. But when they hit it is sort of reassuring. 

Any appointment updates? Had my first beta yesterday which was the highest I've ever had at 379 (10dp5dt). Repeat tomorrow. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? - I was incredibly touched last night that my RE called me personally to talk about my beta results. Usually I just talk to the nurses/staff and it was just sweet to hear it straight from him. 

Any milestones coming up? Not until 8 weeks.

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 that's a great beta!
  • kiki75 said:
    @stacyd-2 I know how reassuring it is to have symptoms but the health of a pregnancy really has no bearing on them. And I’m with you on the obsessive TP checks. As for drinking on your trip, How well do your coworkers know what kind of drinker you are? I’ve had success with ordering beers that come in bottles or cans and also with ordering soda & lime at the bar. Planning ahead is key. If you know where you’re going, see if you can find out what beers they have in bottles or try to get to dinner first. 
    @kiki75 The trip went well! Many vodka soda with no vodka lol. My US yesterday was disappointing showing gestational sac and yolk sack but no peanut. Waiting for doctors next steps :neutral:
    4w4d I believe (Not 100% sure when O was). June 22. FTM

Previous loss(es)? NMC on Sept 11 at 5w2d

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Fatigued and sore breasts, as far as symptoms go. Emotionally, mostly just nervous.

Any appointment updates? First real appointment on Thursday (I went two days ago but all we did was confirm pregnancy)!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave to my lovely doctor. I didn’t have a doctor for the past couple years (there’s a 3yr wait list for one here) but now I have her and she is the best. She has fantastic bedside manner so far and also stood up for me when the ultrasound woman was being a total bitch during one of the worst days of my life. 

Any milestones coming up? Nothing yet!
  • Currently 4+5, EDD is June 24th 

1 previous pregnancy that ended in MMC at 9 weeks, found out at 12 week ultrasound

How I'm feeling: At first I just felt sooo excited, I was surprised that I didnt feel scared or conflicted. As the days go by I'm starting to feel a bit more nervous, but overall pretty good. Physically an very tired with really sore boobs! 

Appointments: Had 1 doctor's appt so far where she checked my hcg. Wouldn't check it again because she didnt want me to become fixated on the number, and said that hcg isnt always a clear indication of what's going on. So now just waiting. Will have my dating scan at 8 weeks. Feels so far away!! 

Rant: I never appreciated in the past how much time passes between getting that positive test and actually confirming a viable pregnancy! Its so tough. 

Milestones: Just the first ultrasound that is coming up. 
  • I lost my previous pregnancy at 5w2d when I woke up to bleeding. I’m laying in bed right now just dreading tomorrow morning, when I’ll be 5+2 with this pregnancy. I know that realistically I have a 99% chance that everything will be the same as usual tomorrow, but it’s still just a bit anxiety-inducing. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday and she’ll check my HCG so I’m just going through the motions until then tbh. 
  • @bbluemoo Milestones can be so tough.  
  • @lookonthesunnyside I am so with you on the wait between the positive test and the first ultrasound. Being completely new to this, I just assumed that what they show in movies and TV shows was true... you find out you're pregnant one day, you're at the doctor getting an ultrasound the next! I called my obgyn, like, "what do you mean you're not going to see me tomorrow??" :D:D