Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS week of 10/7

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What's your favorite thing to do for date night?

Re: TFAS week of 10/7

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 I feel you on the age difference panic. You’re doing all you can right now, I hope your RE helps you get KU soon!

@chaos-and-coffee hopefully flu season won’t be bad for you this year! DS has only ever been real sick when he was little, so hopefully you have that luck too! I’m sure yh will be a good dad, even if he is an old one! 🙂

@gingermama29 I hope you have a good time this weekend! Some solo parenting for DH sounds so nice. 

@jennifer_louise I’m sorry, I bet that is hard, and frustrating. I miss romantic dinners too! 

@ottergirl81 I’m glad your party went well! I’m excited to start planning DS’s party for next month now too! Movies and candy sound perfect!

• @gingermama29 we love trivia nights, too! 
    @bows22 I’m glad you have an RE appt, even if it’s just to find out that everything is fine. Having all the information I’m sure will be a comfort! 

AFM: 

What number are you trying for? 4 

Month/Cycle? 1

WTO/TWW? Not sure yet - Mirena is coming out today! 

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5, 3 (next week!) and 18 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just realllllly anxious to get started 

Any questions? Has anyone else had a Mirena removed? How long did it take for your period to return? This is my first experience with it so I’m not sure what to expect. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I hit 30 lbs lost this weekend! I’ve been really vigilant in following intermittent fasting and this is the ONLY lifestyle I’ve felt is sustainable long term. It’s pretty awesome! 

GTKY: What's your favorite thing to do for date night? Ummmm literally anything outside the house, lol. I don’t even care where we go, as long as it’s just DH and I! 
  • edited October 2019
    What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 4/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 22 months. 2 on Nov 12th! 

Any thoughts about this cycle? WFAF. Bfn yesterday. 

Any questions? Nope 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS birthday party is next month, so Ill be working on getting invitations together this week. I do a photo shoot for him and print a nice photo real big on the back and it’s cute. He’s becoming so much more of a kid than a baby and it’s very bittersweet. 

GTKY: What's your favorite thing to do for date night? We like to do dinner and a movie, if there is something that we both want to see. The last movie we saw was avengers end game, so we don’t get to date often. Haha 

edited for wording 
  • @kpearse99 Yes we just started early intervention! So excited to get going with that. DD was born at 25 weeks with chronic lung desease. She was on oxygen for almost the first year of her life. She still gets all her nutrition from a feeding tube. Was also diagnosed with mild CP. Been told she is doing well considering her what all she has gone through (the story is much longer, I could write a short story about it) and that things are just going to take much longer than it would for a child who was born to term. Good to hear things are going well for your DS and that early intervention helped! 
  • @ottergirl81 wow! Your daughter (and her parents) are amazingly strong people with all of that.  She sounds like she's a real super trooper.  I am happy you already have early intervention lined up, that will get you the extra help you need to support her and help her continue to do amazing things.
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @bows22 I totally understand the panic of already thinking about #3. I do the same thing. We know we want 3, but I'm starting to feel like we are running out of time if its going to take this long to conceive again. But first things first I guess ;)

@chaos-and-coffee MH also keeps saying he doesnt want to be an "old dad" - just puts more pressure on it. 

@gingermama29 your weekend plans sound so fun! Definitely something to look forward to! 

@jennifer_louise Big hugs girl!! That's so tough, but she will eventually be a big sister and she is just practicing so she is the best ever! I'm hoping that you are able to squeeze in your IUI and work travel doesnt get in the way! I have a lot of work travel coming up through the end of the year, but thankfully only a few over nights and mostly just day trips for me.

What number are you trying for? 2nd THB

Month/Cycle? 9/7

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really. Not doing any tracking and just taking a "break" from TTC until probably Jan. But I'm still going to make sure we have lots of HIO so it's not a true break. Also trying to use this time to focus on my health - my goal is to drop 10 lbs... but I suck at nutrition 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS is getting so much better at communicating and it's making my heart explode. He is using the few words he knows, the signs he knows, and also grabbing our hands and pointing to show us what he wants. We also had a checkup last week and his ped said he can start manipulating us know so watch out. Lol. I'm pretty sure he already knows that he gets everything he wants if he says please. 

GTKY: What's your favorite thing to do for date night? We are terrible at date nights. I can easily get a sitter so we have mo excuse. Even last week I got a babysitter and we went out to dinner and were home by 8pm... haha 

Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @gingermama29 heck yes to a weekend with little responsibility! Your date nights sound like what we like to do, too. Love broadway shows and DH and I actually met at trivia. 

@jennifer_louise oh I can imagine how that would be heartbreaking to hear. I’m so sorry you’re struggling. Hugs ❤️

@ottergirl81 you have been through so much - your DD sounds like one amazing and strong little girl. 

@kmalls congrats on the weight loss - that is huge! Great job, mama. 

@photographerwife do you have a theme for DS’s birthday? I bet it’ll be adorable! 

@kpearse99 your DS - oh my goodness, what a thoughtful boy. I am so anxious for your betas - I am hoping against hope for good news. What a wonderful big brother he will make! 

@millpe I can also get sitters fairly easily and we rarely go out and if we do we like chow dinner slam a drink and go home. Lol 
  • @chaos-and-coffee sorry teething is so rough right now. I hope you're through the worst of it. 

@jennifer_louise sorry you're struggling lately. Hugs. I hope timing works out to get IUI when you're hoping. FX for you!

@ottergirl81 oooh I'm obsessed with Hamilton. I saw it twice last year (but have loved it since it came out). Book of Mormon and Wicked are also among my favorites. Glad you had a nice party for your DD. Also dinner and mini golf sound awesome.

@kmalls congrats on the weight loss. That's such a great accomplishment and must feel amazing!

@photographerwife aww your birthday plans for your DS are so sweet.

@kpearse99 your weekend sounds so fun. Glad your DS had fun. I hope he becomes a big brother in June!! 😉

@millpe I love watching the language skills develop at this age. It's so incredible how quickly they pick up those skills! Haha I have a very difficult time saying no to DD when she says please which is all the time!! They definitely learn to manipulate way too early too!! 😆 
  • @chaos-and-coffee I was thinking about doing “chuga chuga two two” he’s really into trains and cars and stuff lately. I’ll keep it fairly basic though, themed invites and I’ll incorporate colors and small stuff into the party! I did get one of those “about me” boards to fill out and I’m going to have him wear this outfit that has red pants, a denim shirt, red bow tie and suspenders to tie in our theme, and we’ll do a photo shoot. Clearly, I like parties. Haha. 

@millpe that age is so fun! Eventually he’ll just be a little dictator! 🙃 but it’s cute. 

@kpearse99 You have the sweetest kiddo! I have a friend who’s son is about his age, a little older actually and loves DS. They always play together and have the best time. I’m sure he’ll be the best big brother! 

• GTKY: What's your favorite thing to do for date night?  Get a sitter. Pretty much it doesn't matter from there, lol!
    @w@whatsbumpinpumpkin I'm dying from this comment!!! 

DAMMIT though girl... you weren't supposed to be back here. :( No matter how much I missed you! This is so unfair for you, and you so do not deserve it. I'm so sorry, love.  How are you "holding up"? <3
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 Yeah it keeps hitting me at random times. But! Maybe we'll get to be on a BMB together now :smiley: 

Everyone, sorry I am being a sulky brat today. 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin girl... there is NOTHING to be sorry for!! You are allowed to feel however you want and need to feel. So don’t ever apologize for that!!! ♥️♥️♥️
    Our TTC Journey

• @bows22 we were thinking the same thing, about him not being super observant. I considered doing it at a local park that has a really nice toddler play area, but since it’s mid November I’m not sure what the weather will be like, and there will be like 2 other kids there. So I decided to save that for next year. That theme idea is adorable! I’d be interested to see how you execute that! 
  • @bows22 we both have enormous families, so I think we are keeping to grandparents, aunts uncles cousins only, and no presents. The theme is going to be Sesame Street! And I need to get my act together! 
  • @bows22 at least 2 of the canines have broken through. She doesn't sit still long enough for me to get a good look at the others but her sleep is back to normal. I'm glad YD is back to sleeping too! This teething business is rough! 
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin I just laughed out loud at my desk at that!!! Kids are so resilient!! I'm glad he's fine!!
    Our TTC Journey

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited October 2019
    @bows22 I feel you lady. We were given a second crib and I thought we’d have a use for both. I got two carriers because again I thought we’d have two kids somewhat close in age. This sucks.
    @whatsbumpinpumpkin I’m so sorry you’re back. :(
    @jennifer_louise I’m sorry you were asked that. FWIW I’ve had pregnancy dreams before 3 of 4 BFP. Hope that’s the case for you!

What number are you trying for? THB #2

Month/Cycle? 10/10

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 in Nov

Any thoughts about this cycle? I hope the IUI worked, but I’m not too hopeful considering how fast O was.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: I wish I had more sit down time with the RE instead of emailing with the nurse and getting voicemails from the nurse with test results.

GTKY: What's your favorite thing to do for date night? We don’t do date night unfortunately. We’ve only gotten out alone maybe twice since DS was born. It’s really hard to get him to go to sleep most nights and we don’t like to put that on others because our house is small and he will cry for an hour. We do plenty of family outings.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 FX so hard that you’re KU. Sickness and everything combined makes it sound hard to stay positive right now. But I’m rooting for you! We don’t do date nights really either. I don’t trust many people to watch DS and I personally enjoy doing family outings together. My in-laws will grab him for a couple of hours during the week on an afternoon for 2-3 hours and that’s good enough for me. 
  • @NYTino24 Sorry that it doesnt seem like you are getting very much time with your RE. I hope that you are still able to get questions asked and answered and feel comfortable with the care. Also saw in a different thread you might be dealing with the flu! Hope you are feeling better and it doesnt spread in your house or to your students.

@whatsbumpinpumpkin So sorry you are back here :( and you are allowed to be a sulky brat as much as you want. This should be your safe place. *hugs*

@kpearse99 your son's aim is amazing!!! Is he in sports? If not maybe he should be! Also he sounds like the sweetest boy. I hope this IUI is what makes him a big brother ;)
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @millpe thank you!! 🤗 he’s actually NOT into sports 😂 He said he doesn’t want to do baseball because he’ll get hit in the face with the ball 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️ And he doesn’t want to do soccer because someone is just going to steal the ball from him as soon as he gets it. 🙄🙄🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ 
    He did karate for 2 years but recently lost interest in it. We told him he needed to try a sport then and he said he wanted to try basketball, so he’s signed up for that and it starts in December. But now... after seeing his aim... I think I need to try for baseball again, he could be a pitcher!! I mean, he hit one of the dummy targets in the eye, another in the crotch, a third in the heart and then hit all of the other ones dead center.... who is this kid?! 🎯 
    Our TTC Journey

• @NYTino24 maybe you need to do some date days instead :). Only if you feel you want to though. I don’t like the pressure I sometimes feel to have date nights. We have plenty of alone time after DD goes to bed. I think I’ll feel differently when she’s older and doesn’t have a 7:30 bedtime haha.  I’m crossing everything for you for this IUI to work!
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited October 2019
    @bows22 I don’t know what it is, but this school year I want / need to go to bed right after he does, so it’s usually around 8. I get up before 6, and pray he doesn’t get up in the middle of the night. He’s actually been pretty good about that except for one terrible night where he was up constantly and two nights ago when I had the fever and he cried on and off for almost an hour and a half. 
    @millpe Thanks! My temp this morning was back down to 97.66, which is a somewhat common 3dpo temp dip for me. Hopefully it will jump back up tomorrow. I’m feeling better aside from muscle soreness and a sore throat. Work is closed today so I can “relax” by catching up on house and school work. I really wanted to spend the day with DS, but I’m bringing him to daycare so he doesn’t get it. Definitely getting my flu shot tomorrow at work!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 I understand this because DS is a horrific sleeper, sleeps in our bed and is a general terror to get to sleep at night. We have never left him at bedtime, but instead do breakfast or lunch dates and that works well. However I will say, we had to leave him with my in-laws a couple of weeks ago during bedtime because we had a work event to go to and he did great! One of the best nights of sleep we have had in a while actually. 
  • edited October 2019
    @jennifer_louise ouch. To all of that. 

Month/Cycle? 1/2

WTO/TWW? wto. Cd1. 

Ages of other child(ren)? She will be three in December 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I just had a 15 day cycle so I hope this one is back to normal 

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: maybe a TW if it would upset you to hear about someone being picky over when they have their baby/arm flailing over not getting KU right away... 

I just started trying because I am really hoping for, ideally, a late summer baby. My husband is a teacher and it’s the slow season for me at work. Also having had a baby in the winter, that was really not good for my mental health. I had really really bad PPD and being stuck in the house was not helpful. Tbh I’d probably bench myself for a few months if that’s how the timing would work out. So... kinda now or not for a long time. 

On the bright side, my kid loves My Neighbor Totoro and I’m cool with that. I just got her a stuffed cat bus and she loves it. 

GTKY: What's your favorite thing to do for date night? I like going to a new restaurant in a new part of town and having a few drinks. 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• @HotSauceSwagBag

(mention of previous pregnancies) 

I am 100% with you on timing. My second kid is an October baby and I had horrendous PPD due to daylight savings  (it was dark at 4pm when she was an infant and it was awful) and being stuck inside all winter. We’re not going to bench ourselves because I’m worried it will take us a little while to conceive anyway, but not wanting to deliver in late fall/winter is totally a legit thing. 

• I'll apologize for my lack of tagging this week as I feel so far behind, but thought I should jump in to say hi!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 7/9

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5 years

Any thoughts about this cycle? I don't feel any different about this cycle than all the others, but statistically, we should be getting closer to The One, right?

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Nothing really, I also have all the feels about the age gap anxiety creeping in. Every month I think about how old DS will be when baby will be born and its tough. DS is also a very active toddler, so I also think maybe having a larger age gap will be perfect, since DS can understand and help out more.

Also, Today is picture day at DS daycare. I sent him to school in a tiny button up collar shirt, and a pair of cords. He looked so stinkin' handsome

GTKY: What's your favorite thing to do for date night? We don't live near family, or have we found a trusted babysitter yet, so date nights are few and far between. Lately DH and I will meet up during office hours for coffee or lunch and just chat. It's actually quite nice to have that for now