Group 2 (2/8-2/14) check-in w/o 10/7

EDD/W+D:

Team:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could go back in time and change one decision about your life, what would it be?

Re: Group 2 (2/8-2/14) check-in w/o 10/7

• EDD/W+D: 2.13 / 21w4d

Team: blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): least weasel

Upcoming Appointments: nothing for a few weeks

How are you feeling? Sciatica is so painful. And my pelvic bones feel like they are ripping apart from the crotch.

Raves/Rants: Just a rant that I’m in a lot of pain right now. I remember having these pains last pregnancy, but I had a desk job so I could rest more. 

GTKY: Rather than going off to a 4-year college away from home, I would stay home and go to the technical college. Most likely for a nursing degree. Could have saved me so much money, and I would be making a lot more money now.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 15w 2d

Team: Green, not finding out the triplets sexes. 

Baby is the size of a(n): babies are the size or a Naval Orange. 

Upcoming Appointments: I have a U/S thursday

How are you feeling? Overall feeling ok. Started throwing up in the morning again. Always only seems to be stomach acid. And babies seem to think I dont need to sleep/sleep well right now. 

Raves/Rants: i just found out my SIL is pregnant with twins. I am happy for her but wish we had more time between us. Shes 7 weeks behind me. 

Questions: how long does an anatomical scan take? Also does the GD test happen at the OB? I have to switch to a new OB as we are moving home (international move) and itll be right around 18-20 weeks. 

GTKY: If you could go back in time and change one decision about your life, what would it be?
    There are minor things in my life that I wish I could add to or change. However, I am who I am because of my past. And I'm happy with where I'm at in my life. 
  • @ACAC25 my anatomy scan took about an hour. But yours will take longer because they have to look at 3 babies. Last pregnancy my GD testing took place in the outpatient lab (where you get any other blood draw done).
  • @ACAC25, like @daffodil_shoe said the anatomy scan was 45 mins to an hour for one baby. I don’t think yours would necessarily be 3x as long but definitely longer. My glucose test was at the lab at my dr’s office last time and will be again. It’s usually scheduled between 24-28 weeks. 
  • EDD/W+D:
     Feb 8 22+2

Team: boy💙

Baby is the size of a(n):  water bottle

Upcoming Appointments:  end of October 

How are you feeling? Tired and hungry but pretty good overall 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could go back in time and change one decision about your life, what would it be? Hmm, hard to say bc I’m happy with where my life is at now. I do wish I would have did my student teaching in Ireland and took advantage of the opportunity to travel abroad. 

@ACAC25  my OB office does bloodwork and the glucose test in the office. My anatomy scan took about an hour and 20 for one. 
  • @ACAC25 they told me an hour for two. They've been doing really detailed scans at the MFM doc so I feel like they've already looked at all the major organs pretty thoroughly. We'll see!
  • EDD/W+D: 2/9 - 22+2

Team: Green - We made it through the AS without finding out. **holding strong**

Baby is the size of a(n): Pencil!

Upcoming Appointments: Oct. 29 for 24 week appointment

How are you feeling? My sciatic nerve has been giving me some problems. It woke me up in the middle of the night last night -- Grrr! 

Raves/Rants: I think I have had my first pregnancy craving -- Little Caesar's Crazy Bread! 4 bags in 48 hours! It is so delicious!

Questions: None this week :)

GTKY: If you could go back in time and change one decision about your life, what would it be? I don't know that I would change anything.....I like how my life has turned out. Maybe go outside of Colorado to go to college??
  • @ACAC25 -- I have been gagging again in the morning like I was the first trimester. My first GD screen took place in my OB's office. They also draw my blood there.

@daffodil_shoe +1 for sciatica! 
  • @burr1371 crazy bread sounds delicious!
  • EDD/W+D: 2/8 - 22+4

Team: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Mr. Potato head?

Upcoming Appointments: Yesterday was my first day of work and I updated my insurance. They said it could take at least a week to process the referral for an OB. So between that and then time to schedule the appt, I could easily be at 24 weeks before I get my anatomy scan.  :(

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Some back pain, but I think that's more from sleeping on an air mattress than anything else.

Rant: Not sure how to take this. I walked up to the desk to get the referral for the OB yesterday, "Hi, I'm [noxacanthus]. I just moved here from Japan and I need a referral for an OBGYN." She snaps, "Who told you that you needed a referral?" "Well, I had one in Japan..." "Oh, you think your pregnant, don't you?" At this point I paused and looked down at the maternity uniform I'm wearing and the 22.5 week bump. I master the urge to say something sarcastic and just go with "Yes, I'm pregnant. I have copies of all my paperwork from the Japanese OB." She replies, "Are you sure? We'll have to have you do a test."

The rest of the day I couldn't help but think "Great. This uniform makes me look fat, not pregnant." Tho tbh, the Navys maternity uniform was clearly designed by a man who has never met a pregnant woman because it resembles a tent more than anything else.

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could go back in time and change one decision about your life, what would it be? I sometimes wonder what life would be like if I had just gotten a normal job out of college instead of joining the Navy. Not because I don't like the life I have now, but just because it's the path not taken.
  • Thank you @daffodil_shoe, @jvk2012, @clee5711, @burr1371 and @Swiftlet for the information. I guess I should expect somewhere between 1.5-3hrs for the anatomy scan. I think my GD test will be around 20 weeks, I know it is a concern with triplets. I'm hoping my OB can do it there. But I guess I will have to be prepared for going to an external lab too. 

@burr1371 I feel you! I really thought the throwing up might have been done at 13 weeks when it disappeared for a whole week. Now I've thrown up once a day more times than I havent! 
  • @ACAC25 pretty sure I’d still be vomiting daily if it weren’t for my zofran.
  • EDD/W+D: 2/14 // 22 weeks tomorrow! 

Team: GIRL!

Baby is the size of a(n): Kool-Aid Burst!

Upcoming Appointments: October 16th!

How are you feeling? Good! Starting to feel uncomfortable and still a lot of food aversions! 

Raves/Rants: Did our hospital tour and having a class at the pediatrician we will go to tonight! 

Questions: Not right now!

GTKY: If you could go back in time and change one decision about your life, what would it be? Being disrespectful to my mom when I was younger.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • edited October 2019
    EDD/W+D: 2-12-20/22w2d

Team: 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut

Upcoming Appointments: October 28th. Glucose tolerance test 😬

How are you feeling? Weather change has me with cold-like symptoms

Raves/Rants: Raving at how much baby is moving, especially at nighttime

Questions: None

GTKY: If you could go back in time and change one decision about your life, what would it be? Wouldn't change a thing.
  • I took another look at the "baby size according to millenials" article and 23 weeks is a burrito with all the fixings. So everyone will have a "burrito day" coming soon...