May 2020 Moms

Partner Rants and Raves 10/7

Let’s hear them, ladies!

I’ll start. 

This morning, I was feeling pretty decent so I decided to take a shower. My shower is amazing...it has two shower heads and multiple body jets and gets my whole bathroom delightfully steamy. I’ve had a cold (thanks patient of DH with rhinovirus that coughed in his face!) so I was hoping the steam would loosen up my congestion. 

10 minutes in, along comes DH. He takes his shower, looks at me with a smile, and FARTS. A loud, long, we had Indian for dinner last night fart. Then he laughs. 

This fart hit the steam, got into my nostrils, into my lungs, into my very soul. My shower goes from smelling (quite literally) like roses to me vomiting helplessly on the floor. 

DH is still alive. I’m thinking I just need to pick a jury of 12 mothers...bam justifiable homicide. 

Re: Partner Rants and Raves 10/7

• @ieles2531 YH is lucky you didn't kill him - that's disgusting. MH decided to order a Starbucks egg/chorizo breakfast sandwich this morning - we're driving, so I'm trapped in the car with him/it. The smell makes me gag when I'm not pregnant,  so I pretty much want to smack him as soon as I heard him order it. 🤢 He got the, "are you f*cking kidding me right now?" look and I tried not to barf while I waited for him to finish eating it.
  • @ieles2531 that is so disgusting. I'll happily be on that jury if you want a conviction! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll sit on both of your juries, @ieles2531 and @ruby696.  My sense of smell is my least favorite symptom, and it's to the point where MH and I aren't even sleeping in the same bed if he's had meat and/or beer that day.  Which is basically every day.  I'm also not sure how I'll survive our 6 hour drive to Philly next week.   :#
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Raves:  MH has been very understanding when I'm not feeling well and has really picked up my slack around the house.  He also just laughs at me when I tell him he smells bad instead of getting offended because he knows my sense of smell is insane right now.  

Rants:  His usual shortcomings that I usually just shrug off are driving me bananas.  He leaves cabinet doors open, throws clothes at the hamper so they land nearby on the floor and not inside, and is constantly drying his hands on towels and then just leaving them there looking all bunched up and half hanging off the towel rod.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Raves: MH is very supportive when I'm not feeling good, and will step in if I need help.

Rants: My #1 complaint is more of a me issue than a DH issue... but I feel like I never get a break. I'm either working, spending time with DS, cooking/cleaning, or MH wanting time with me because "he doesn't see me enough". Between all those factors, I just never feel like I get "me time". So I tend to get antsy and annoyed when DH wants to spend time with me after we finally put DS down to bed. Again, more of a me issue.. 
  • @ieles2531 omg. I would kill MH. That’s absolutely shitty of him. 🤬👎🏻

@ruby696 I’m glad you didn’t puke. I probably would have. Seriously?!

@shamrocandroll men are such slobs. MH does the hamper thing and it makes me furious!

@darkrose88 make time for you! It’s so so important, especially mentally. Get a bath, let YH do bedtime so you can read a book, schedule a massage once a week or something. 
  • Rave:  DH has really picked up a lot of the slack since I have been feeling so sick. He has also been giving me a lot of breaks on the weekend so I can sleep/have quiet time. He is doing all this on top of working long hours (it’s his busy time). Overall, I am so grateful to have him.

rant: There is a very small list of food that is not making me sick. One of which is my protein shakes. He drank my last one on Saturday and I almost killed him. He has a fridge full of things he can eat and of course he chooses one of the only things I can stand. 
  • Add me to the jury @ieles2531. So disgusting. 
  • Raves: My DH has been super supportive and super excited, it makes my heart melt. He was the one that started a baby registry so we can keep track of things we’ll need. He also downloaded his own daddy app to keep track of the pregnancy. I didn’t ask him to do either thing, he just wants to help and be involved any way he can.

My rants: Blame the hormones, but lately he’s just been annoying. Love him dearly and I care, but lately when he talks about his basketball team (he’s a coach) I just don’t care 🤷🏾‍♀️ For some reason, hearing about lazy freshman isn’t a top priority when I’m working on developing a whole human. I know that it’s mostly hormones and I’m trying to be supportive of him because he’s been so supportive of me. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya MH used Daddy Up last time and really loved it. I think it is so much more relatable to men than the apps we use. 

@mdfarmchick you're right. I'm so bad about making time for me. Most of the time it is out of guilt... I don't spend enough time organizing and cleaning; I don't spend enough time with my kid; MH is with DS all day long, so if anyone should get a break it is him... those kinds of things. 
  • @drkoyya that is the sweetest! (and I definitely agree with that app about week 8 tip!)
  • @darkrose88 this is our third pregnancy...he knows...he later redeemed himself by getting me the fries I was craving like crazy. 
  • Rant- Last night we did a simple mac'n cheese with broccoli in it. Not super nutritious but tasty. I'm sitting on the couch while he's eating and he looks over at me. "This is missing the tuna fish" is what he says. Instant dry heaving by me. He knows I don't like any kind of hot tuna casserole dish, he knows this! Bleh
  • @stella_700

This made me dry heave just thinking about it. 😂🤢
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • My husband drove me an hour to work today because I don't have snow tires on my car yet and the pass is a mess.
  • My husband thinks it’s funny to fart near me when the smell of farts/poop makes me vomit 100% of the time. Dude, it’s not funny making me run to the bathroom and puke. 
  • @yodamama after 10 years I've given up on the notion of my husband helping with housework.  I can get him to empty a clean dishwasher, and he is required to do his own laundry, but I don't know the last time he has washed a dish or if he has EVER cleaned a bathroom.  Now that we're in a house and not a condo I feel somewhat better because now he is in charge of outside projects.  He was on the roof last weekend doing siding repairs before winter.  He cut and split several cords of firewood.  He fixed my chicken coop (which he also built a for me a few years ago).  I don't always feel like it balances on a daily basis, but it's better than nothing.
  • @mokay19 NOT COOL!!!  That should be punishable by law.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @pirateduck I would flip shit on my husband if he didn’t help with housework.  We both live there, we both clean there. 

• My husband doesn’t do housework BUT he doesn’t bitch about me having a housekeeper come in once every 10 days...so I can make it work in between. 
  • @mokay19 I flip out about it pretty regularly and he is totally aware that he is the worst roommate I have ever had and that I love him but hate his mess.
  • @pirateduck snow already in CO? I didn’t realize it had gotten to you guys yet. I saw Montana and Idaho. 
  • Made it here this morning from the north!
  • Now I feel almost guilty for complaining about my husband’s lack of cleaning because I came home yesterday to find him doing some cleaning for the first time in months!