Group 3 (May 17-24) Randoms week of 10/7

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO?

Re: Group 3 (May 17-24) Randoms week of 10/7

• EDD/Weeks + days: May 23rd / 7+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday afternoon ultrasound to check progress

How are you feeling? So sick. I can’t figure out a good med/food balance to get me to not throw up but also stay awake. 

Raves/Rants:  continued from above.... I’ve been doing B6 and 1/2 a unisom 4 times a day... but the unisom is making me very tired (even only at a half dose) so I’ve started just doing 1/4. But that doesn’t help the nausea as much. So I’m just not feeling great, but at least I’m awake at work and not feeling like I’m going to doze off while driving I guess. 

Rave: WE GOT THE KEYS ON FRIDAY!!! We are officially in our house. It feels surreal and definitely need to get more furniture in there before it feels like a home. Also, need window treatments because we have a lot of windows haha

Questions:  How do you change a poopy diaper without puking? I throw up every time that I smell DD’s poopy diaper. DH thinks I’m lying so that he has to change her, so I’m glad he witnessed the vomit this weekend from it

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His blue eyes. I have boring brown eyes and I love blue eyes!
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 5/18 / 8+0

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Definitely finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: 1 week from my first ultrasound! I have an appointment immediately following too. 

How are you feeling? Today is a tough day. Fatigue is strong, nauseous, a lot of the regular stuff. It doesn't help that the school building is hot and humid. I've definitely felt light headed today.

Raves/Rants: I actually accomplished some over due cleaning this weekend. Yesterday morning was a good time for me. The nausea was strong again by the afternoon tho...

Questions: I know there are other teachers. How are you doing? I feel like half the teacher I normally am...

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His smile!

@mokay19 Congratulations on the house! DD's diapers bother me too. DH changes her most of the time. I do think a lot of men don't get it.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + days: 8w0d EDD: 5/18

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): a 2x2 lego, a raspberry, the emerald from the engagement ring in Crazy Rich Asians.

Upcoming appointments: first appointment is finally a week away.

How are you feeling? nausea is still there. trying to power through

Raves/Rants: rant that will probably be featured elsewhere.... my obese coworker laughed at me today as I adjusted my clothes after I sat down at my desk and goes "about to bust out the maternity clothes???"

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His eyes and his arms.
  • EDD/Weeks + days: May 18/8 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: we have a repeat ultrasound next week for reassurance

How are you feeling? Not great today. I think I caught DD's cold, so I feel like I didn't sleep at all last night.

Raves/Rants: I was on fall break last week and it was glorious. I'm back at work today and it already sucks.

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His size. He's not *big*, but he is 6'1" and I'm 5'2". I like that he is that much bigger than me because it makes him fun to snuggle.
  • @soprano19 I am so sorry that I was completely childish reading your GTKY and started snickering at work....can you tell those pregnancy dreams are really getting to me today? LMAO
  • @soprano19 :D I was like "d*mn, she's going there" :D
  • EDD/Weeks + days: May 23 / 7+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green for now!

Upcoming appointments: next Thursday first OB and US

How are you feeling? Pretty nauseous, other than that ok. 

Raves/Rants: 2 rants:
    1) I’m headed to Wichita today for work and I’m dreading the 1:1 meetings tomorrow because they are for hours at a time with people I don’t know and have never met. I feel bad my first trimester self probably won’t make a great impression. 
    2) we told my parents the news on Friday (which was all fine and good). We told my ILs on Sunday, and my MIL proceeded to start kissing and touching my belly, which she damn well knows after 2 pregnancies I hate. And all she said was “I’m sorry, I can’t help myself” 
    um, yes you can. Keep your hands off of me. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His arms and his hair. 
  • EDD/Weeks + days: May 20/7W5D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out!

Upcoming appointments: Oct. 21...stills feels like forever away 

How are you feeling? pretty decent..boobs still hurt, insomnia paired with exhaustion but still no nausea 

Raves/Rants: I'm going on a 3 day work conference Wed-Fri..and honestly I just want to sleep and read in my room during free time, but my coworkers are extremely social and I know my absence will be noted/discussed. I am however looking forward to 3 days to myself with no husband/toddler responsibilities! 

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO?
    His face/head? I really like his hair and beard when it's at a particular length (which is is now) and he has a septum piercing which I think looks really good on him. 
  • @mamaqdubu if anyone ever kissed my belly (especially when there isn't even a bump!) I would freak the fuck out..that's next level weirdness 
  • @mamaqdubu "You can't? here let me help you" *brings out pepper spray*
  • @jrouge12 teacher chiming in...I honestly am going to apologize to my kids when I eventually tell them I'm pregnant. I feel like my energy (especially in the afternoon) is fairly low and I'm definitely slacking with grading! It's so hard to be 100% "on" all day when I feel like I've been hit by truck and then rolled over several times. We have fall break this week, so I'm looking forward to some time to recharge. 
  • @chewie5990 I was thinking of apologizing too. Some kids I've had for 2-3 years in my various courses and they have to notice something is up. But I need to word it right not "Thank you for being awesome when all I've wanted to do is throw up in front of you". Jealous of a fall break! I have Wednesday off and then Monday. I'd love a whole week, but I'd definitely sleep it away.
  • EDD/Weeks + days: May 24 / 7+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberries!

Upcoming appointments: Friday 10/11 to check progress, and then my RE might release me to my OB

How are you feeling? Nervous. Queasy and fatigued.

Raves/Rants: I know I'm extra irritable, but it's only Monday and I wanted to scream at work. Had one of those days where nothing was working and nobody was delivering on things they'd promised. Ugh.

Questions: I've been taking B6 to help with the nausea, and it works ok. I'm taking it on demand at the moment - has anybody taken it on a regular schedule for better results?

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His eyes, his hair, and his smile.
  • @mamaqdubu Yeah I would not be okay with the belly kissing. Touching is bad enough, that veers into super creepy.
  • @TattoosandLace I mean, I have no complaints in that department either.  ;)

@jrouge12 @chewie5990 teacher here too. I definitely feel off my game. I spend a lot of nights and weekends here for marching band, so trying to power through all of that (and Homecoming/competitions starting this weekend) is challenging to say the least. When I was pregnant with my daughter, my students were awesome about giving me grace and helping out as much as possible, so once I tell them about this one my life will get a lot easier, haha.
  • @jrouge12 @chewie5990 @soprano19 Woo teacher hang strong! Well things were going smoothly, then last week I nodded off during a student discussion😜then two days later I was so damn tired that I had a delirious laugh attack in the middle of students presenting! Haha I’m a mess! My kids are probably in for an entertaining new few weeks/months/school year. I’ll definitely feel relieved when I can just tell them and there’s a reason for my exhaustion and weirdness! 
  • EDD/Weeks + days: May 20th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out next week through sneak peek clinical #impatient

Upcoming appointments: Oct 9th-finally just two days away! I’m dying to hear the heartbeat-so nervous but excited. 

How are you feeling? Exhausted. The last few days my vomiting has gotten worse.

Raves/Rants: My last two weekends have been filled with already planned drinking celebrations that lasted way too long and I am wiped out! I need a calm, boring weekend this weekend-mama can’t hang! 

Questions: Is there a method to the madness on things you’re throwing up? Saturday I couldn’t keep down healthier foods and the only thing I didn’t throw up was pizza haha

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? Hazel eyes!
  • @louessbee I take B6 and unisom every 4 hours whether I’m currently feeling nauseous or not. As my RE said, it’s easier to prevent nausea than to make it go away once it’s here.
    They say to do 25 mg B6 and 12.5 mg unisom. But that much unisom makes me too sleepy for work so I have been doing 6.25 mg (ish... basically I try to break the half and half and see what happens). But I do the 25 mg B6 with it and there is a NOTICEABLE difference when I remember them every 4 hours vs when I forget. 
  • @KaylaSadie I throw up dessert sometimes and salad other times and bagel other times. No rhyme or reason here. 
    See my above post about what has helped me^^
  • EDD/Weeks + days: May 23rd / 7 weeks & 3 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry / uncooked macaroni noodle

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound on Friday!!!!! Hoping this will ease some of my anxiety

How are you feeling? Tired and  very nauseous - primarily in the afternoon which makes the last couple hours of the workday and eating dinner painful 

Raves/Rants: Wish my team would stop scheduling so many team dinners where raw meat seems to be involved (sushi, poke, tartar) - hopefully it will get better once they know

Questions: Does anyone have some trick to sneaking in veggies? I usually love veggies, but the thought of them makes me gag and I'm worried I'm not getting enough nutrients for baby.

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His smile and that he's the perfect height for me to have a nice comforting hug :)
  • So I had my first scan yesterday-and got to see that heartbeat flicker and hear it too! Finally met my OB&she is amazing, took so many pics of baby!
    Worst part of the appointment? She changed my due date to a week later because baby is tiny. I know I should be just so happy and relieved baby is ok, which of course I am, but yall I am upset! I was so happy to reach week 8, things are so much more certain then, and to be done with 1st tri in just a few weeks. Everyday I log on and read developments and see how big it’s getting-and now I have to do redo week 7! I know I’m being negative Nancy and my SO just didn’t quite get it. I just had to vent on here because I’m feeling really upset about it and need people who might understand. 
    Ps. Guess I gotta join a new week’a board now😫
  • @aneggnamedalex When's your ultrasound tomorrow? I also have one, at 3:15, and I'm super nervous.