April 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions 10/6

Re: Weekly Questions 10/6

• Options
    Anyone lost weight during the 1st trimester? I know it's probably fine, but it makes me nervous.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 My SIL lost quite a bit of weight during 1st trimester and didn’t really gain it all back. My niece was completely healthy. Her doctor was never worried. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I’ve lost around 10lbs since my positive test (admittedly around 20lbs overweight to start - yay happy marriage!). Doctor is not concerned at all. She said in the second trimester we’ll start measuring at my appointments and that will be the biggest indicator of whether baby is on track. My mom lost 20lbs when pregnant with my sister (terrible morning sickness) and went on to gain it back, plus 15lbs or so in the rest of the pregnancy.
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 Between being sick and morning sickness my appetite has been in the toilet. I’ve lost all the weight I’ve gained and I’m back to pre-pregnancy weight. Given how crappy we feel, I think it’s totally normal to lose weight early on.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I have an appointment this week, so I'm sure they'll tell me if they're worried.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but I suspect I've also lost some weight. I was nervous about it too, but I had my NT scan yesterday and baby was bouncing around and all the measurements were on track, so that helped ease my concerns. I'm going to talk to my OB about it when I see her next week. The nausea is finally starting to let up and I've even had some normalish meals lately, so I think that's a good sign.
  • Options
    I just got a call from my OBs office that my MCV levels came back slightly low. They want to test me for some kind of blood clotting disorder. They said they were also low 4 years ago when I had my middle son, but i guess never tested me back then? I am so confused. Anyone else have this by chance?
  • Options
    Anyone else ever have high creatinine levels after giving birth? I had to stay in the hospital for an extra day and be watched after I had my son last year. My levels dipped back down into the normal range and they let me go home. But do I need to be worried this time around? I haven’t had any symptoms of kidney disease, but I don’t want to spend extra time at the hospital again unless they think something is actually wrong. 
  • Options
    Anyone else having to take low dose aspirin? Apparently it helps reduce my chance of getting preeclampsia again.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jd614I was diagnosed with APLS prior to getting pregnant. I have antibodies that can make me clot too well. So my RE had me on baby aspirin daily during the IVF process. Once I had the positive pregnancy test, my RE had me start taking lovenox (low dose blood thinner) as well. 

@Kathryn0903 I’m on the baby aspirin but it’s to help prevent blood clots, but I could see how it could be used to try and prevent preeclampsia.