March 2020 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/7

• @miss.sally we need some of that rain over east! send some our way! 

I'm contemplating calling my OB nurse line. I did a lot of yard work yesterday (lifting, bending, kneeling, etc). Afterward, I had some cramping so I took it super easy the rest of the day, with stabby single twinges in the same location every now and again. Today it is still happening (less frequently) but when I exert myself like jogging to catch a bus this morning... but it isn't horrific. should I call?? I feel like I'll waste their time. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Loading the player...
  • @miss.sally I'm welcoming our cooler weather and rain, since it's been so hot and dry. We'll still have some 80s this week though.
    Lots of people are off for "fall break," so this week will suck at work. DS had a fever last night, so I had to reschedule his flu shot appointment and I'm hoping he's not getting sick. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @miss.sally I hope that rain comes down to VA soon...it’s been so dry here! Also I would be so many words beyond “annoyed” if I had an exploding taco situation...sounds like you handled it like a champ and definitely deserve your Schitts Creek and lunch time! 
  • @hmjensen where in VA are you? I have a lot of family around the Roanoke area. My aunt and uncle have a farm and they planted corn this year (like loooooooots of $$$$), and it hasn’t rained enough and they’re about to lose it all. It’s awful!!! 
  • @miss.sally Totally supporting your sandwich/Netflix afternoon. I dare say it's genius. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 lol it lasted a whole 20 minutes before I got really anxious and needed to fold laundry. I get very stressed when things aren’t done around the house and I have a hard time relaxing. It sucks! I have to either nap with DS, or do all the things. I had too much caffeine to nap today. Boo. But at least I got the laundry folded and put away. Baby steps. Haha! 
  • @chichiphin just catching up on here, and your RLP situation sounds similar to mine I just mentioned in symptoms, like after over-exertion. Glad you called, it definitely gave me peace of mind to ask, because it does not feel great!!
  • @miss.sally i wish i had the urge to make my house look decent. I am lying on my couch while DS naps and there is a lot I should be doing. But nope.

@kagesstarshroom thanks for making all the group check ins!

AFM, I have ulcerative colitis (a chronic intestine issue) and I’m flaring right now. I don’t want to take any meds while pregnant so I really hope it goes away soon. Last pregnancy I had a flare for about a month and it went away without meds. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make it without meds this time. I could rest all the time last preg and DS doesn’t really allow that this time  :D
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @miss.sally I’m up outside DC but yes I think the whole state is in near-drought conditions. I know here it’s supposed to finally rain tonight and tomorrow. Selfishly I’m tired of coming in from Recess covered in dust because the playground at our school has just become a dust pit. But I really hope your family doesn’t lose their crops! 

I heard too that the over-dryness actually causes less fall color, which is the opposite of what I would have thought but also would be super sad. 🍁🍂🍁
  • hmjensenhmjensen member
    edited October 2019
    AFM, our neighbors two doors down had their house broken-in to on Saturday night. Damage and loss seem to be minor (considering), fortunately.
    It’s freaked me out b/c we’ve always considered where we live to be a super safe neighborhood (and I know one incident doesn’t change that) but it’s definitely giving all of us the heebie-jeebies. Just an icky feeling overall. 
  • @hmjensen ah that would freak me out too  :o Do you have a security system? We use ring. You buy the parts and self install but the monitoring is only $100/year. 

• @hmjensen our apt was broken in to two years ago while we were sleeping - thankfully my husband woke up and spooked the guy and he fled - but ever since then we have had a nest system with the door/window sensors and the camera and feel so much safer. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @silverhope and @chichiphin, we don’t have a system right now but are definitely looking into them after this! We have friends who’ve said positive things about both the Ring and the Nest systems, it definitely is nice how accessible/simple a home security system can be now. @chichiphin I’m so sorry that happened! That would scare me big time. 
  • DS woke up at 5:30 this morning so I stuck him in bed with us. He chatted for a while but eventually fell back asleep and is still sleeping at 7:50, sideways, on my pillow, so I’m unable to move. I need to get up and make sure DD is getting ready for school but I won’t be able to without waking him. 
  • @chichiphin I bought 2 breakfasts at panera this morning and they subbed by backup breakfast with a banana :weary: Now I will always check the bag before leaving the store  :'(

@miss.sally DS woke up at 4:30 am. He was singing happily to himself. I changed his diaper, nursed him, and still no dice on sleeping. I have now been trying to get him to nap since 11 am. He pooped, so I cleaned him up and now he is still singing to himself. Like, you MUST be exhausted lil dude. Why tf won’t you go to sleep? I think I’m just gonna leave him there until he passes out. I’m so tired. 

• I am having such a hard time with this app! Sorry I haven’t been present much. The app is not working well for me.

i have a lousy cold/cough. But otherwise things are good. 
  • @chichiphin DH bought me two doughnuts the other day but I ate half of one and it made me feel sick. So now I have 1.5 emergency doughnuts. For the future. AKA I support emergency fritters. And I'm glad you've evolved into cravings! (Though I'm jealous, wahh.)
  • Well just found out the deli cheese I’ve been buying and my whole family has been eating is being recalled for possible metal contamination. I can take back what is left but they just announced it yesterday night and it started Sept 8th so we’ve obviously eaten a good deal of it already 😢 Luckily for baby I haven’t eaten much of it bc I haven’t been doing many sandwiches but my toddler loves it and just eats it by the slice and DH has it in his sandwich every day 😬
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @chichiphin Excellent idea re: the back up fritter. I REALLY want to go to Whole Foods to get Vegan donuts or fritters now, but it is an hour away... still considering it?
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @varimama Oh no!  I'm sure all will be fine, but that's scary nonetheless.

And mannnn, now I need a donut.  I went to my nephew's 3rd birthday party over the weekend and there was a big cake and lots of food and pizzas and stuff, but I noticed my sister had a box of donuts on her counter that were tucked away, unopened, and I couldn't stop thinking about them the entire time I was there.  Eventually, I asked if I could eat one because the craving was so intense, lol!
  • I've been making my own iced tea (I forget which thread I posted about iced tea to) and flavoring it with the mint from our garden, but DH weedwhacked it all away a bit ago so I used barley tea 2 times ago, which was delicious. But I was lazy last time I made it and didn't flavor it AND weakened it by too many ice cubes. So now I'm sad. But not ready to return to the 89%-of-my-daily-sugar iced tea I was buying. The mint has NOT grown back like he predicted. Boo DH! So unnecessary. (I mean, the herb garden was out of control, but just...weed it! Don't kill it all!)
  • @varimama oh no! So sorry about the cheese issue. 

• @mommyxthree2020 omg  :D I freaking love that you responded “you too!” Ha. You shoulda done it on purpose. She deserved that  :D sorry she sucks though.

I am really sensitive about my size this time around bc I didn’t show until 20ish weeks last time. So every time someone says, “Oh you have a bump now” it makes me rage-y. I know they don’t mean it meanly, but it bothers me so much. 

• so it seems our question thread died off. but for STM+, did you use NB clothes at all?? I'm looking at blogs for "how many of each item do I need" when it comes to baby clothes and one suggested a 4 pack of both long and short sleeve onesies with two pairs of stretchy pants.... is this overkill?
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18