Group 1 (May 1-8) Check-In: w/o 10/7

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite ice cream (or other frozen novelty item) flavor?  
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: Group 1 (May 1-8) Check-In: w/o 10/7

• newmomtx06newmomtx06 member
    edited October 2019
    EDD: 5/8

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): soda can tab

Upcoming appointments: 10/21

How are you feeling? Exhausted and nauseous.

Raves/Rants: I’m definitely over these food aversions.  Nothing ever sounds good and I hate forcing myself to eat. On the bright side I haven’t thrown up in several days! 

Questions:  I finally got put on an anti-nausea. Has anyone tried bojesta?

GTKY: What's your favorite ice cream (or other frozen novelty item) flavor?  Salted caramel.  My second choice is vanilla  (Pretty boring, I know)

ETA spelling
  • EDD:  5/7

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out (MH won this one)

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry?  I dunno I deleted the app

Upcoming appointments:  Harmony blood draw 10/21, scan 10/25

How are you feeling?  Tired, nauseous, nothing sounds appetizing, and I can't stop smelling things.  

Raves/Rants:  I've had a headache I can't shake for the past 2 days.  Tylenol is useless.

Questions:  Not really. 

GTKY: What's your favorite ice cream (or other frozen novelty item) flavor?   If I'm going out for ice cream, then black raspberry with chocolate sprinkles on a sugar cone.  If I'm buying it at the store, I love the salted caramel Talenti gelato with the layers, mmmmm!!!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Loading the player...
  • @shamrocandroll yessss. I am obsessed with the Talenti caramel layers!!!
  • EDD: May 4th (10 weeks today! 1/4 of the way there)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry/ guitar pick

Upcoming appointments: 10/15 Appt with midwife, 10/25 NT scan

How are you feeling? I’d like to say better. I’m recovering from a cold. Now that the cold has lightened up, my preggo symptoms are back with a vengeance. My back is really sore, mild headaches, exhausted, and food aversions. @newmomtx06 I totally agree! I’ll be so happy when I actually enjoy eating again.

Raves/Rants: Just (not so patiently) waiting for my next appointment. I accidentally took the wrong medicine while sick (who knew Sudafed and Sudafed PE has different active ingredients). I’d like peace of mind that everything is okay with the baby, but I won’t get confirmation for another 8 days.

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite ice cream (or other frozen novelty item) flavor? Not officially ice cream, but rainbow sherbet is my favorite. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya Can you call your on-call OB line and ask about the medicine?  Did you only take it once, or multiple times?  They should be able to give you a list of pregnancy safe medications.  Sorry you're sick!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll
    oh I called, once I double checked the ingredient list. I took the recommended doses for two days but wasn’t feeling better so I took another look at the ingredients and my pregnancy safe drug list. When I called, I was told was “you shouldn’t have taken that”. Super helpful

My friend is a pharmacist and said that I wasn’t taking it long enough to have adverse effects, but I’d still like confirmation.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya I hear you.  I'm sorry about the added anxiety.  I know this probably isn't helpful, but people do far worse while pregnant and go on to have healthy children.  I hope time goes by quickly for you so you can feel at ease soon.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @newmomtx06 **lurking** my dr just switched me to Bonjesta from Zofran. It’s been a lifesaver for me. 
  • @mdfarmchick I’m glad to hear that! I’m so ready to not feel so sick 24/7!
  • EDD: 5/1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: not going to find out. Warned DH that he better not bring it up at all or try to drop hints (or false hints) since he wants to know

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry (?) I'll have to look back and confirm

Upcoming appointments: can go in for blood work on down syndrome, ultrasound at the end of the month

How are you feeling? Still a bit unreal, fortunately I didn't get too sick (some nausea but no vomiting). 

Raves/Rants:
    Rave: DH has been very helpful and supportive
    Rant: I gained weight too fast so trying to slow down a bit. Worried I'm starting to show at 10 weeks and will have to tell my employer way sooner than I'd like (ideally I'd tell them in the new year but holding out until at least Thanksgiving) 

Questions: Good/cheap options for non-maternity clothes that I can grow into/hide my belly a little longer in. 

GTKY: What's your favorite ice cream (or other frozen novelty item) flavor?  

Lately it's the original Magnum (minis) 
    Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • @newmomtx06 I’m with you... boring ice cream is the best! 

@drkoyya one of my close friends didn’t know she was expecting until she was 22 weeks so she did all of the no-no’s many times and her baby was born perfect. Hopefully the short term use is fine and I hope the next days pass quickly so that you can get confirmation.

@tj_2 For my first I just bought clothes in a size or 2 bigger. They ended up working out because I could wear them post-partum too. For tops I just wear baggy or sweaters, etc.

EDD: 5/2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): mini cocktail sausage

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow!! It’s my first real Dr appt and they will go over genetic screening options. 

How are you feeling? Still great! I’m hoping this continues but I keep waiting for the shoe to drop. 

Raves/Rants: I already miss wine!

Questions: anyone start talking names yet? We will wait until we know the sex but I love looking at names. 

GTKY: What's your favorite ice cream (or other frozen novelty item) flavor?  Caramel cone Haagen dazs. Yum!!! 
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• EDD: May 5 / 10 Weeks 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Likely finding out. MH finally talked me into it.

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: Oct 25 

How are you feeling? Still insanely nauseous. The zofran hasn’t really touched it. I told DH that I would be sick the whole nine months if we could have a girl this time. I guess the universe was listening. Pretty much living off ice water and cereal. Other than that just dealing with the typical symptoms: constipation, random cravings for ketchup (which I normally hate), and extreme exhaustion. 

Raves/Rants: Stopped at McDonald’s the other day to get fries for my ketchup craving. Asked for lots of ketchup, they gave me three packs which got me through all of five fries. 😭 It seems silly but I really wanted ketchup. I’ve also cried 5 times in the last few days. I’m not a crier so DH has been on edge trying to give me whatever I want. 🤣

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite ice cream (or other frozen novelty item) flavor?  Hot fudge sundae with a hot brownie and a scoop of cheesecake ice cream. 
  • EDD: 5/3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 🍓 

Upcoming appointments: 10/10. Going to ask about genetic testing (really just want to know the gender early..) but not sure if insurance covers it since I’m 30. If not we’ll do an elective ultrasound, 20 weeks is too far away lol 

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good but waking up earlier than I’d like 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite ice cream (or other frozen novelty item) flavor?  I’ll eat any flavor but neopolitan but if I have to choose a favorite I’d say coffee and vanilla 
  • babyodobabyodo member
    edited October 2019
    EDD: 5/7/2020 (9+5)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): southern pecan

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for our first US!

How are you feeling? I am so over smelling all the things. As far as symptoms go, some days are better than others. Hormones got me feeling like a psycho beyotch, though. I am annoyed by anything and everything. I am ready for the first trimester to be over.

Raves/Rants: My mom, brother, niece, and nephew are here for a few days checking out the area (housing, schools) because there's a chance my stepdad could get hired for a position here next year. It would be great to have family so close. My mom even offered to nanny for us to help save on daycare cost & stress.

Questions: None

GTKY: What's your favorite ice cream (or other frozen novelty item) flavor?  Usually either Ben Jerry's Americone Dream or Chunky Monkey, but lately I've been craving their strawberry cheesecake flavor. I even sent MH out to find it when he was out getting dinner for us last night, and after searching 3 different grocery stores, he came home with some Reese's peanut butter cup atrocity. I didn't have the heart to tell him I didn't want it. Maybe my tastebuds will want some later tonight. It's better than no ice cream at all.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• EDD: May 5th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: find out

Baby is the size of a(n): twins are Size of Prunes

Upcoming appointments: October 11th & 22nd

How are you feeling? Exhausted & Hungry

Raves/Rants: can’t wait to see the babies again

Questions:  how to go to the bathroom easier? 

GTKY: What's your favorite ice cream (or other frozen novelty item) flavor?  Got fudge sundaes are what I crave 
  • @mbiegler0622 congrats on twins! If you mean having easier BMs, you can take certain laxatives/stool softeners. Ask your dr for a list of safe meds. I don’t have mine handy or I would share. I have also found more water and vegetables, if you can stomach, them help keep me regular. 
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• EDD: May 6th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Kumquat 

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound on 10/23

How are you feeling?  I’ve been feeling pretty good up until Thursday when I had to stop taking my IVF meds.  I’ve had a headache ever cents, and he’s super random not in my calf. Certain smells make me gag.  My appetite is coming back.

Raves/Rants:  yesterday was our five year wedding anniversary. We never do presents, we would rather enjoy our time together over a nice meal. This year, however, my husband surprised me With a really thoughtful and exciting gift.

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite ice cream (or other frozen novelty item)  mint Oreo blizzard