Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 10/7

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Monday 10/7

• @inthewoods23 - Oh no! Was the wedding outside?? 

Month/Cycle: 14

CD: doesn't matter

WAYDTGKU: hopefully moving on to IVF 

R/R: The Lion King on Broadway was amazing!! If it ever comes to your area, I definitely recommend it! Had a super busy Saturday running errands, cleaning the house, doing laundry, and putting up the fall decor; and then had the laziest Sunday ever as a reward... I laid around and watched tv, read, and took a nap!

CS/Q: none
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 sorry about the wedding. That sounds as if it could definitely have gone better. But yay for normal test results so far. I feel like testing for anything is always such an emotionally conflicting thing. On the one hand you don't want anything to be wrong. On the other hand there is an issue for which you want an answer. And hopefully also a solution for the issue. So hopefully the remaining tests come back with whatever results you want whether it's all normal or some answers. <3

@feather_heather that sounds like a great weekend. 
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @feather_heather yes the ceremony was outside. Thankfully the venue had a tent set up and when the ceremony started it was more mist than anything, but even though the ceremony took 15 minutes, it started pouring! Any time there was a decent break in the rain the photographer would take us outside for a few shots since there were none of the entire bridal party.

@NamelessAria I have the suspicion that all the testing will come back normal and that we'll get an answer next month from the receptivity testing and biopsy. I bet it's either an inflammation thing or the timing of the FET just needs to be adjusted.

@bows22 so sorry for AF! Hope the 2 weeks flies by for your RE appointment
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: all the sex, pnv, temping, cf

R/R: I am home today, my husband works five minutes from home, so I have request sex during his lunch break. I forgot home now being on bc and working out makes me so horny. TMI Agra’s: The past couple of times we’ve have sex, and I was into it, it was so easy for him to slip in. Sorry for the tmi. 
    I was looking at my pervious charts and I’m thinking that my fertile window will be this weekend and not now. We are still going to have all of the sex just in case. 

CS/Q: nothing much at the moment. 

Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• @inthewoods23 all in all, I'm glad the wedding went well! They say rain is good luck on a wedding day! 

@feather_heather glad the Lion King was great! Also I'm jealous of your weekend! :) 

@bows22 So sorry you're in here too. I love your quote though!!!
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Big hugs to you two, @mvt2003 and @bows22. I’m hoping you guys aren’t here too much longer. 

@inthewoods23 That wedding sounds super stressful. Sorry for the bad weather. Hopefully if your testing returns anything at all it’s a simple tweak and you get your fall baby. 

@feather_heather glad you enjoyed Lion King! 

• *Lurking*
    Sorry you're back in here @mvt2003 and @bows22
  • @tyrion_ it really wasn't stressful, but I let a comment from DH get to me and I felt so bummed out after so things just ended up spiraling out of control in my head. We stepped outside at one point so I could cry. I wish I could have had more fun but maybe I'm just not cut out for being at the receptions for 8 hours.

The 1 major thing that was bad about the wedding was the ridiculous amount of down time. The cocktail hour was really almost 2 hours. Then the time between dinner starting and the dances was 2 hours. We were all done eating probably before 7, there were some speeches and then instead of the bride and groom thank you speech nothing was happening. So it's like 8:45 when dancing finally started and the wedding went to midnight but there were shuttles to take you back to the hotel every hour starting at 9. I'm really glad DH chose to drive to the venue instead of taking the shuttle so we could leave when we wanted and so that I could.

So yeah, no hiccups like "shit we forgot this very important piece to the wedding", just so much of nothing happening.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Holy cow that’s a long time. I’m sorry his comment got to you. You’ve been through a lot and to go into such a long event with little sleep is hard. I’m glad at least the rehearsal sounded fun and way shorter than that reception 😳 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2 AL, 11/12 overall

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: SMEP-ish, but taking a break this month from wearing the Ava bracelet

R/R: AF started WHILE I was running a half-marathon. Just super awesome timing. And gross. But hey, knocked Kansas (state number 12) off my 50 state goal so that’s neat. Scheduling a call with the adoption agency to discuss next steps so that’s nifty, too. 

CS/Q: not really

@inthewoods23 jeez that’s a lot of downtime! Weddings are hard generally if you’re not REALLY in the mood to be in that environment. So the extra downtime would be exhausting. Hope you are able to catch up on some rest!
  • edited October 2019
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD:11

WAYDTGKU: bbt, pnv, cm, charting, opk, hio?

R/R: well, today is my birthday. I just typed out this whole thing about why I’m disappointed but then deleted because it’s just a big rant of everything going wrong right now and I don’t want to lay that negativity out for y’all. Needless to say I’m making and eating dinner by myself tonight and baking my own cupcakes.... Hope everyone had a good weekend!

CS/Q: kind of digging this mountain peak. It was chilly this morning. Opks still have faint lines so no change there. Failing at hio, H fell asleep at 7:50 last night and is working all day today. I’m mad at him so I don’t even want to do it unless things change. I feel bad because I feel like I might be overreacting but then again my feelings should be valid. So we’ll see.

@inthewoods23 oh wow that wedding timeline seems very drawn out! That’s a long time. I’m sorry it didn’t go perfectly but I’m glad it wasn’t a total disaster. & that is interesting about the opks! Fx you get some lh soon.

@feather_heather your weekend sounds so nice! & I’m glad you had an awesome time at lion king! I want to see it so bad! 

@bows22 I’m sorry you’re back over here :( I love that quote! 

@mvt2003 I’m sorry that you’re back over here :( love that you had all the wine! I hope the doctors cooperate and that your H can get his SA done soon, 

edit: forgot to spoil my chart 
  • @mvt2003 I’m sorry to see you here! I hope you don’t get held up with the SA but I think if you beg they will do it. Even if you have to ask to leave a message for the doctor. I have found in the medical community that if you ask the same question enough times eventually someone gives you the answer you want :)

@rachelredhead your R/R section is a lot! But huge kudos to you for your half marathon! Is your goal to run a marathon in every state?

@konoha I hope you’re having an amazing birthday! are you doing anything fun to celebrate?

• @bows22 thanks girl! Unfortunately not today :( I took the day off work but H couldn’t get off and I don’t have any family or friends where I live. I’m just spending the day at home with my dogs. But I got the ingredients for one of my fav dinners so I’m excited to make that. H probably won’t be home until 11:30. He told me we could go out to dinner tomorrow (he told me he would get me a cake tomorrow too) but I was already upset when he was telling me this so I was like why bother what’s the point? He had time yesterday and this morning to do anything but didn’t. Maybe I was being dramatic but I really just thought he would be home at some point today. Or he should’ve communicated with me better about what was going on. Oh well. That was long sorry!
  • @bows22 The receptionist told me just now he will probably want to see MH before he'll order the SA. I do not understand this, we have an appointment in November, wouldn't he like to discuss these results with MH at that time?! WTF. She left a message for the dr, hopefully he just writes the order. If our PCP won't just write the order, I'm going to have my GYN office do it. I am not getting delayed for this. 

• charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited October 2019
    Month/Cycle: Jan 2018

CD:  Day 5 but tw 
    This "cycle" is actually a miscarriage, so all bets are off as the what happens. 

WAYDTGKU: Waiting. I called my dr, and they said since it was so early there is no (physical) reason not to TTC again right away. I actually read a bunch of studies (because I am a crazy person) about how pregnancies conceived less than three months after a mc actually have a better success ratio than average.  DH also wants to try again right away - especially given my history as a bench warmer, we both feel like maybe we're under a deadline that I will be healthy enough... 
    https://time.com/4177190/conceive-after-miscarriage/

R/R:  It has just been an awful awful monday. I even took a mental health day from work, and it has still been a Monday. 

MC / LC question
    CS/Q: Does anyone know at what point I need to get a doctor involved for RPL? I had two losses in college (which was fine. I wasn't ready, and was relieved that it happened, and that was 15+ years ago) LC, then a loss in January, and this one.  I just feel like there is a problem maybe? Other than I suck at pregnant. 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin I feel that since you've had 2 this year it would be worth looking into RPL.

@rachelredhead there's nothing worse than AF starting at the most inconvenient times!

@konoha happy birthday! I spent mine alone this year too. It's hard to do something fun and exciting on your birthday by yourself 😕
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @konoha - Happy Birthday! I hope you are able to enjoy it somehow - even if its just watching a tv show or movie that you wouldn't be able to watch if you DH was around!

• pocketrosepocketrose member
    edited October 2019
    @whatsbumpinpumpkin definitely look into RPL. Also, sending <3

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 18 or 19, spotted on 19th all day and half the day 20th before affirming not being KU

WAYDTGKU: OPK, prenatals, CM to an extent, mega HIO session scheduled for the next 2 weeks

R/R: Still annoyed about 35 day cycle changing to a 35-45 day cycle right when we start TTC. Also, I had great hopes and dreams to lose weight before TTC and boy did that not happen/I've gained a bit of weight.

BUT on the positive side, after car sharing for 2+ year DH and I got a second car so I'm no longer stranded on days I'm not in the office! It's an adorable red 2008 Honda Fit with only 60k miles on it and I love it so much/have named it Hildy the Honda

CS/Q: TW I think *I've never been diagnosed with PCOS but at what point do I need to go to a doctor/be concerned about it re: super long cycles? I feel like after 11 years on bc (have been off it a year) I can't really remember what my cycles were pre bc and don't have a ton of the systems (I got a rogue zit but no bad acne, my periods aren't overly painful, no abnormal body hair, the weight is because I eat chocolate and don't go to the gym and I'm only slightly overweight, etc). Basically, I hate the doctor don't make me go but should I go?
  • Lurking**

@pocketrose are they consistently long? Mine are a consistent 37-39 days. I just saw my doctor today for a physical and she said if they’re consistent, she wasn’t concerned. She just thought they were on the high side of normal. She knows we are TTC and just said the cycle length may shorten, or it may not, but to continue using OPK’s to catch the surge. How long have you been off bc?
  • @chaos-and-coffee since Nov 2018. They insta went from 28 to 35 days from Nov to like June and I remember them being longer/less chartable when I was 18 but also that was a long time ago. In June they went from 35 to 40 then 40 to 45 which, when TTC, was a bit of a killjoy lol.

I've yet to have a positive O on an OPK but I drink tons of water all the time and started using them when 1. I was buying the fancy CVS ones and 2. anticipated my cycles being shorter so I'm going to be more vigilant this month with them and hope to see a positive O. 
  • @inthewoods23 @feather_heather thank you both <3 I’m trying to have a good day but it just feels like a regular day off which is a bummer since every birthday I’ve had before this has felt special. Guess that’s a part of life! 
  • lurking from TWW...

@mvt2003 that pot roast.... I mean roast beef... sounds amazing! Can you send the recipe?!?!

@whatsbumpinpumpkin I did a lot of research on that too after my MC. I've also read that you are more fertile after one. If your doctor gave you the clear, than I would jump back in... if you feel emotionally and mentally ready, of course. <3
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 Here it is! https://belleofthekitchen.com/2016/04/13/mississippi-pot-roast/ It was so good and keto-friendly! We used a cheap eye of the round from Costco and it was really inexpensive! I brought the leftovers today on a salad and it was still amazing. 

• @pocketrose hang in there! I didn’t get a positive until CD21 this cycle. Amazon cheapies are where it’s at! 
  • @konoha Happy Birthday!! I hope your H does something to make you feel as special as you are. Also, big hugs because bad days on your birthday feel so much worse  

Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Thanks @chaos-and-coffee! I got some off amazon (restarted my old amazon account because I currently share prime with my MIL/all my in laws and not really in need of them to know I'm super actively HIO  :blush:)
  • @pocketrose reminds me that I need to do an Amazon order of OPKs! I have a handful leftover from ages ago (thankfully not expired) but will run out before O even gets here.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @konoha ugh, I’m sorry. That’s rough. I would be upset too, but I hope he does pull through tomorrow and make it up to you. Try to enjoy yourself if he does!

@mvt2003 good I’m glad you have a back up plan!

@whatsbumpinpumpkin I’m glad you got the all clear to try again, so that at least it’s on your terms whether you do or don’t.❤️
  • @mvt2003 I'm drooling from looking at that!!! Did you use the peperoncini's? I don't really like them, or too spicy of foods, so I'm wondering how they worked in the recipe!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I bought whole pepperoncinis not sliced, so I threw them in whole. It added a slight zing but not very noticeable, I think it was more the brine. I ate one of the pepperoncinis with my beef but didn’t give any to my husband, he doesn’t care for peppers. I absolutely would not consider this to be spicy, unless you actually eat one of the pepperoncinis with it! 

• Personally I love pepperoncinis. I consider them to be more zingy/zesty than actually spicy (like a jalapeno burning your mouth). Obviously there's less spiciness if you keep the seeds out of the dish.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @millpe & @bows22 thank you both! <3 he actually ended up coming home to surprise me so it ended pretty well after all! I was happy :)