April 2020 Moms

October Symptoms

Re: October Symptoms

• 1st day of October and I woke up with a terrible sore throat. I already got my flu shot, so I hope that I’m not getting sick. I’m hoping it’s just my body adjusting to the dry/cooler weather. 

Of course, the first thing I did this morning was google how a sore throat and pregnancy #FTM
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • My newest symptom is hunger.  I can't get enough food.  Yesterday I had eaten my lunch by 10:15 am so DH ran and got me a second lunch at 1, then I had a second dinner of left overs at 9 pm.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Having occasional cramping which the doctor today told me was normal as long as there's no bleeding. Other than that, I'm dealing with occasional back pain and headaches. 
  • I’ve been waking up with a full bladder at 5-6 am every morning for almost 2 weeks now and it’s driving me nuts. I don’t drink a lot before bed and I always go to the bathroom before bed, but I still have a huge bladder every morning. It’s hard to get to the bathroom without waking everyone up. 
  • I’m hungry a lot and exhausted. That’s constant. The boob pain and the back pain come and go. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @KFrob Me too! I forgot what being hungry was after the 24/7 nausea the past 2 months. All of a sudden I can't keep enough snacks around me. I'm getting constant headaches too, which is rare for me. Wondering if its the pregnancy or the weather swings.
  • @liligirl87 Ive been getting constant headaches too...apparently its a thing once you hit 12 weeks. @babyrummom told me and then i looked it up in the app.
  • I always love checking in on here... it makes me not google my crazy! Lol. Hungry 24/7, I totally relate to the second lunch/dinner. I feel like I was so sick to my stomach up until week 10 that now I just want to eat everything 🤦🏼‍♀️ And my back pain has continued... it was actually worse today than it was yesterday. 
  • Ds 1 was kind enough to share his cold. So now on top of the exhaustion and nausea I was dealing with before I can now add runny nose, coughing, and headaches to the mix.
  • Also hungry. Still slightly nauseous at times where I can't finish dinner, but then I'm hungry 30 minutes later. I'm getting to the point where I have to pack extra snacks for work or I don't survive the day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, I guess I got too comfortable with the b6/unisom and the no puking. Thanks a lot body for letting me go almost 3 weeks with no puking till today where I'm puking up breakfast....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kathryn0903 I'm the same with the super hungry but still nauseous.  Its amazing how I can want to throw up and eat at the same time.  

Add me to the constant headaches! 
  • @melly204

I’m right there with you! Hopefully our colds will pass soon. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • So many headaches. I feel bad because they make me lose patience with DS more often.
  • Constant exhaustion is finally going away. Still going to bed early, but I don't need the mid day nap as well anymore.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Getting some getting crazy round ligament pain (I think that’s what they call it?) when I sneeze, stand up too fast from laying down, or roll over too fast in bed. 
  • @ohemgee-2 I have been getting so much back pain! My doctor prescribed me some kind of vanishing cream to apply and it does give me some relief.

The nausea and fatigue have lessened, but they haven’t quite left me yet. My doctor prescribed me some B12 pills for the nausea but oh boyyyyy the headaches they gave me weren’t worth it. I feel like now that the nausea isn’t AS bad I’m getting better at managing it.

The blump is alive and well! First baby for me so the bump is coming slow...I’m just about 11 weeks now and I’ve noticed some hardening in my uterus area for sure. Other than that my belly just looks like I’ve spent the past few weeks eating pizza and chips..so rolly and bloated!! I’m looking forward to having somewhat of a bump to show off because for now I just feel like a bag of milk...lol 
  • I am 14 weeks today and still so tired! I’d say I have a couple hours during the day where I feel ok and motivated to get some things done but otherwise I just feel like a sloth. I work 12 hour shifts and after a couple in a row it completely wipes me out for dayssss.

I’m worried it’s due to not eating enough. I just cannot eat “meals”. Whenever I have a meal I sit there and pick at it forever. I only want snacks. I’ve been trying to stick to healthy snacks atleast but I worry it’s not enough!! 

Im also used to getting quite a bit of exercise and I’ve just had no motivation for that. So I feel like I’m wasting away!! 
  • Anyone else having random twinges in their nipple? Just started today and only on the left side... 
  • Heartburn, nausea, diarrhea, fatigue... they're taking turns 😑
  • Still have food aversions and occasional nausea, super sleepy, though not as bad as a week or two ago, and new to the list is off and on headaches and back pain. Also, my hangry state is next level now... I've already retracted hangry statements a few times now with DH... I'm also getting more and more excited about baby though because almost into the 2nd trimester!
  • 12 weeks today and woke up with a headache lol it's like clockwork apparently! Nausea has definitely been better, but still some days with the waves that get really icky and make me cough/gag. Tailbone still hurta quite a bit sometimes but only certain positions/movements. Boobs are slightly less tender, which is nice. 

@kath1414 I cannot do meals either. I legit pack a TON of small snacks for my whole day. I work 10hr shifts but get breaks quite often and literally am eating something on every single break. I can't let myself get too hungry, but also can't stomach too much at once. My go to snacks are cottage cheese, cashews, fruits, uncrustables (so good lol), doritos, beef jerky, mixed greens salad w ginger dressing, & Quest protein chips. 
  • 12 weeks 3 days today - and I think I might be starting with the round ligament pain. I have this pain on both sides of the lower pelvic area if I get up too fast or if I have to do a lot of squatting at work. (Looking at you, picture books on the bottom shelf at my library job.) I am almost always hungry, but I can't eat too much at a time or I get heartburn. (I'm right there with you @liselotte77 and @kath1414 )I finally got over the cold and the awful sinus headaches I had as a result, and maybe that's why I think that I'm feeling really good right now. Perhaps because I no longer feel like I could sleep all day and still be tired, and I'm not nauseated all the time anymore. :D 
  • @sbalding88 I think I might be experiencing round ligament pain as well...or maybe I shouldn’t have made chili for dinner? Any STM+ want to chime in on how round ligament pain feels?
  • @jenabary for me, it feels like a sharp, stabbing pain when I sneeze or stand up too fast on one or both sides of my lower abdomen. It lasts for only a few seconds.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sleepless ness.... seriously I haven't slept through the night in weeks! DH got home from a work thing at 1am. Of course I woke up, and have been up since! It's 2:40am. UGH. So tired. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 I’m with you there. Plus, bad dreams that also wake me up. And DS keeps waking up and wanting to come to our bed. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 and @smallbutmighty77 I'm in the same boat.  DH coaches college lacrosse and they have practice until 11pm.  When he gets home he's wired and can't sleep which usually wakes me up and then I can't fall back to sleep.  DD2 seems to have regressed and is making me get up a few times a night to get her pacifier and DD1 will randomly get up and ask me to turn on her star lights (I made the mistake of getting a string of start lights for her room that turn off after a couple of hours).  Then the weird dreams and congestion.  Ugh and now that I haven't been sleeping great I feel like I'm back in the worse of 1st tri symptoms I'm exhausted and nauseous again.    
  • Finally crashed around 4! Ugh. DH was all cranky this am about being tired- he got dressed and laid back down in bed while I got DD ready. Like, um no, you do not understand tired my friend!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • minibit77minibit77 member
    edited October 2019
    @smallbutmighty77 the insomnia has started kicking in for me! It sucks. I can fall asleep on the couch before bedtime but once I wake up to move then Im up for 2-3 hours. Exhausting.
  • @literatureandink I know what you mean! Perhaps it has to do with the uterus coming up into the pelvis? I am also very aware of its existence. It feels very full and like there is pressure.
  • @lmac92 that’s exactly it!!
  • @lmac92 @literatureandink I’m glad you guys brought that up because I think that’s what I’ve been experiencing — uterus coming into the pelvis. The past week I’ve been feeling a lot of pressure, like I have to pee, and sometimes I don’t have to and I’m worried that maybe I have a UTI or something...but then a short while later I end up peeing and I’m like “phew!” Anyway, I think it’s the pressure of the uterus. My blump feels more real this week too (14 weeks). 
  • The heartburn has started and it's bad, ugh.
  • Welp, I've officially started to pee my pants....  I gagged the other day and peed a little.  I also think I'm done peeing, sit there for a min to make sure, stand up and pull my pants up, then pee a little more, ugh.
  • @KFrob Unfortunately, that doesn’t really go away, especially when you sneeze. I’ve invested in panty liners. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited October 2019
    The zits all over my face seem to be getting worse. Seriously, it wasn’t this bad in high school. Thanks, baby. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I'm very aware of my uterus too, feels full and makes me want to pee often despite having close to nothing in my bladder.
  • @KFrob Me too! I thought it was too early to be doing that yet, but I definitely did when I sneezed the other day  :D I might be investing in some of the Thinx or Knix underwear soon for those little moments...