Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Weekend 10/5 - 10/6

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
Married: Oct 20, 2013
BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
EDD 1: May 12, 2016
DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
EDD 2: June 20, 2020

Re: TWW Weekend 10/5 - 10/6

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: CD 23 / 7 DPO

Timing: -5, -3, -1, O

Typical LP length: idk

Testing: FRER on Monday at 9 DPO, but I'm already using cheapies so...

R/R: One second, I am totally convinced I'm not pregnant (PMS symptoms), the next, I'm convinced I am (I have developed a huge canker sore in my mouth. That's a sign, right?) ...and don't get me started on squinting at tests til I go cross-eyed.

CS/Q:

Cramps at least seem to have stopped after being non-stop for a zillion days. Headache finally went away. Less fatigued too. Helps that today is a rest day from the gym.

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @saladflambe I have everything crossed that your symptoms actually ARE symptoms and we don’t see you again unless we’re creeping on the June BMB :) enjoy your rest day from the gym! 

Month/Cycle: 5/3

CD/DPO: 33/11

Timing: -3, -1, +1

Typical LP length: not sure

Testing: I decided against it this morning. FF predicts AF Wednesday (although that seems like a really long LP?) but anyways maybe waiting for AF. Normally I am a POAS addict but for some reason this month I’m avoiding it. I had cramps this morning so maybe AF is on her way. 

R/R: we had to turn our heat on last night! So weird. Last week it was like 85 and when I got up this morning it was 40. I really need to start getting organized for our vacation, hopefully that’ll distract me from this seemingly never-ending TWW. 

CS/Q: no 

• Loading the player...
  • AF arrived today so I’ll be moving to WTO!
    keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

@chaos-and-coffee either we live near each other or our cities are weather twins, every time you post about weather it’s the same as here!
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 16/7 

Timing: -2, -1, 0

Typical LP Length: Normally 14 days

Testing: Nope. WFAF. 

R/R: I feel discouraged in this cycle. It’s been sooo confusing and all over the map with O or not O. 🤷‍♀️ I don’t hold much hope but that’s ok. Once AF comes then I can move forward and get a better idea for next cycle. Not much is going on his weekend. Working today :( and then going shopping tomorrow in the states (as I live in Canada) DH and I will be crossing the border into Washington for the day. I’ve been so tired lately and just want to sleep. (Prob the weather here). 

CS/Q: none

@bows22 Sorry AF came :( FX for next cycle. 

@saladflambe so sorry for your confusing symptoms. I’ve read before that cancer sores/mouth ulcers can be a sign of pregnancy so maybe for you 👍 I get cancer sores like every other week 🤨 so if that was the case I would be KU every month haha.😆 I’m glad your cramps have finally stopped. I feel ya on that one. I have had cramps a lot lately too and I don’t get AF for a while yet lol. So who knows. I’m glad you have your rest day from the gym. Enjoy that. 

@chaos-and-coffee it’s good that you’re able to avoid POAS this month 👍 FX for you that AF doesn’t come. Me and DH had to turn on the heat last night too. It’s been cold here at night. it’s chilly when I wake up in the mornings out of bed too. I miss summer 😢 

• @chaos-and-coffee I’m in PA, it must just be a coincidence! I hope you are having as beautiful of a day as we are!
  • Thanks @chaos-and-coffee <3 ...admittedly, I've gotten my hopes up now. We'll see.
    Your weather sounds like mine. It was chilly here this morning! I love it. (I'm not midwest at all - I'm in northern VA)

@bows22 :( I'm sorry AF arrived.

@mindyb2019 I'm sorry you're feeling down. I'll hold out hope for you <3

• @bows22 I think we are near eachother! I’m in PA too!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @saladflambe thanks girl. 🥰 
  • @kpearse99 So close yet so far though! 
  • Anyone else with TWW insomnia? I’ve been up since 4:15 😴
  • @chaos-and-coffee I have major insomnia not related to TWW...don't know if that counts lol. Sorry you can't sleep :(

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: CD 24; 8 DPO

Timing: -5, -3, -1, O

Typical LP length: idk

Testing: BFN on cheapy & dollar store test this AM. The stupid grey line flaw thing in yesterday's cheapie got my goddamned hopes up, and now I am really bummed & also really really doubtful that this was our cycle & also unsure if I should do the FRER tomorrow as planned. But I will, because I have no patience.

R/R: I feel so many conflicting feelings. And this is only cycle 2. Y'all are badasses. Anyways, I'm headed to the gym here in a few to get all my feelings out. 

I am compiling a list of positives for if I'm not pregnant this cycle: 

1. It'll mean that, whenever it does happen, I'll have been here long enough to post in the announcement thread & keep in touch with you wonderful people.
    2. I'll appreciate it more.
    3. I'll learn some goddamned patience & how to cope with being out of control of things.
    4. I can continue to lift heavy sh*t at the gym.
    5. I'm going to drink as much caffeine as I freaking want at least during my AF.
    6. People will be more surprised when we tell them probably.
    7. Mulled wine? Hard cider? I want both. I will get myself BOTH during AF.

CS/Q:

• @saladflambe it’s still so early! I understand not getting your hopes up though. I like your list of positives! 

Still here at 12dpo. 
  • Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 27/12

Timing: SMEP

Typical LP length: 12 days 

Testing: Bfn this morning

R/R: I’m over this all already. I feel like I’ve been so calm about this all so far, but these up down emotions are driving me crazy. 

TW: 

And reminding about all of the stress ttgp with DS. I keep thinking about my friends friend who’s husband bragged at me that it only took them 1 whole month. And that scene on workin moms where she has 1 whole positive OPK, then has bathroom sex and is suddenly pregnant. 🙄 I’m sure the couple of people that know we are ttgp will be asking us again soon and I just want to ignore all of them. 

I’m sure this is pms talking. And it’s early in this journey, but it’s still lame. 

CS/Q: 

• @saladflambe all of this up down is the worst. Totally feeling you! Also loving your list. Made me feel better this morning too!

@chaos-and-coffee that weather sounds so nice right now. It must stay super cold in the winters for you!

@bows22 sorry about Af, I’ll be following you soon. *creepy internet hugs*

@mindyb2019 sorry that you are feeling discouraged. I hope you had a good trip! 

• ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 17/8

Timing: -2,-1,0

Typical LP Length: 14 days

Testing: Nope. WFAF. I don’t bother testing as it just bums me out and gets my hopes up. I either get AF or I don’t and if I don’t get AF then I’ll take a test. 

R/R: I’m not feeling the greatest lately. I woke up with a little sore throat yesterday morning and I feel like it’s gotten worse. Still have it today and I’m feeling a little plugged up as well. I hope I’m not getting sick 🤒 as I don’t need this right now. I hate colds but I usually get one when the weather changes and temps down down for the fall etc. 😞 This TWW feels like never ending for me. I’m so impatient on a good day lol. I’ve been good this cycle though not googling things and symptoms and just keeping busy to pass the time. I’m trying to stay positive but not expecting this cycle to be it. I’m off to Washington this morning to do some shopping with DH so that should keep my mind busy. 

CS/Q: none

@photographerwife sorry for your BFN this morning *hugs* I feel ya. The ups and downs of emotions are tough. I struggle with that too. Hang in there girl. Thanks I will have a good time on my trip 😀 

@saladflambe So sorry girl that you've had conflicting feelings and feeling bummed. I know those feelings all too well. It’s tough.  Also, sorry about your BFN. It’s still very easy though. FX for you. ❤️Were the same DPO. 👍 but I O’d way early in my cycle. I really liked your list of positives. It’s good to think positive like that. I also think about your #1 all the time when I don’t get pregnant that cycle and it helps me. 

@chaos-and-coffee sorry you can’t sleep and are up super early. No TWW insomnia for me this time. That was me last cycle. I kept waking up at 2am wide awake. 

• I hope you feel better quickly @mindyb2019

• @saladflambe thank you.  Me too. I hate dry sore throats 😫 
  • I'm nauseated & my boobs hurt.
    So either I'm knocked up or PMSing.
    You're so helpful, body.

• @saladflambe it’s such a cruel twist of fate that early pg symptoms and PMS symptoms  are the exact same. 
  • @saladflambe I’ll trade you my sore throat for your boob pain ? Lol 😆 FX that your symptoms are cause your KU 👍
  • I’m in the exact same boat! 
    Married 6/2018
    TTC #1 9/2019