February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 9/30 - 10/6

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/30 - 10/6

• @craftywitch thanks for sharing that chart. I’m overwhelmed with the idea of cloth diapering but love the eco friendly aspect. So far using a reusable swim diaper is as good as I’ve got with my first two. 
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited October 2019
    @mandk1233 my pregnant brain thought your post said “my mother’s coworker wears them”  :p
  • Loading the player...
  • @Swiftlet 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • @doodleoodle seriously check out best bottoms diapers. You just snap a new liner in any time, they are flat, there is no folding, easy peasy. I use one cover a day unless there is a poopsplosion. I also love that they have the double elastic which makes them much less prone to leaking. For nighttime we would use something like this https://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/collections/fitted-diapers/products/workhorse-organic-no-closure with the cover over it. 

I just bought one size and DD1 used disposables until she fit into the one sized ones. It was only a few weeks - they start at 8 lbs. (My daughter of course was 5 lbs 10 oz when she was born). 

We have an independent cloth diaper store near us and anyone that is interested I would encourage you to check them out in person or also sometimes they have cloth diaper swaps if you find a local cloth diapering group on facebook. This is where we got our first few diapers and talked to different moms in person about the best kinds to use, which was very helpful.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Thank you so much @leksiL I will check those out! I am hesitant about pocket diapers because I’m worried about the extra washing of the waterproof cover wearing out the cover more quickly. This sounds like a happy medium!

I’m thinking about/researching cloth diapering so much that I’m actually dreaming about them now 🤦‍♀️ I think if I end up going that route I’m going to switch my two year old over to cloth too. She is nowhere near ready for potty training yet. 
  • @lanie1000 We have a chill group!!! I think once we do our shift to a PG or whatever that things might heat up lol. Definitely have seen that in other BMBs! I also like to lurk the 1st tri / TTGP boards and catch any drama  :D
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • I mean... I have some historically dramatic topics on TB that we could talk about that haven’t been brought up yet 😂
  • I dunno... my last BMB was pretty chill too, even once we moved to FB. We had very scientifically backed and civil convos about all the hot topics (circumcising, vaccines etc). I will say I sometimes miss being on TTGP for the snark. People would come in with the craziest shit
  • Agree that our bmb is very chill so far, which I like- vaccines, circumcision and spanking talk could fix that quick lol 
    Id expect the board to get a bit more active, or at least more random posters as we get to  third trimester
  • @leksiL TB does seem to be more science based than other sites but that might just be my interpretation.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @malloryfrommn
    I can relate somewhat! I don't  have the retroverted uterus but as I'm plus size...my "bump" isnt really noticeable to people unless I show them a side by side of my pre-pregnancy body. And I know that my belly fat is for sure not helping me feel anything when baby is moving. 

• @nhh11 and @babyroma I'm sorry you are dealing with these frustrations too! It's tough. It's so exciting to be carrying a baby, and naturally you want to LOOK and FEEL like you are carrying a baby. 
  • @malloryfrommn I'm also upset/concerned about my bump. I'm 15 weeks pregnant with triplets and my bump is very small. I'm still wearing my normal clothes (just not Jean's or tight shorts) and have plenty of room. I take weekly bump pics and you can notice a change from 7 weeks to now but it mostly just looks like I got a bit fat. It's not the classic round bump sticking out that I've seen in other triplet pregnancy pics. I dont know if I should be worried or not. I do have another scan next week so I'm going to ask my doctor then. 
  • @ACAC25 I have a friend who had twins. She didn’t look pregnant until the very end of her pregnancy. Everyone is different and if your doctor isn’t worried, I’m sure all is fine! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • If it makes anyone else feel better, I am 21 weeks tomorrow and barely feel this babe.  All my anterior placenta babies took a long time.
  • Finally fixed my login problem(hopefully)! I'm with you @babyroma on the chubby bump making it hard to feel kicks. I was doing really well with feeling good this pregnancy until I broke my darn foot and now I can't be as active and is really making me self conscious about being plus sized while pregnant. 
  • @DDRRT1982 I’m so ready to get to 24 weeks. 21w here on Thursday though. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @DDRRT1982 I'll be at viability the Sunday after this one, although because of our birth center delivery requiring 37 weeks I know I won't feel less worried until then... If anything I will probably get more anxious as we're between viability and birth center requirements.