April 2020 Moms

Baby Moon

Anyone thinking of doing a baby moon? Where do you want to go? 

DH and I are thinking we might just go to Montreal for a cozy winter moon because he's wary of flying while I'm preggy, but I'd love to hear everyone's ideas!

Re: Baby Moon

• @korthouse hubby and I were talking about this today! I would like to do a relaxing beach vacation. I would not complain about going to the Bahamas.
  • We did Scottsdale for a long weekend when we were pregnant with our first, didn't do one for our second so I told DH I want a long weekend somewhere. I would love a beach, but the months we can go aren't exactly hot anywhere nearby. Trying to stay within 4hr flight from Chicago. Also need to line up babysitting. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @smallbutmighty77 I would also love a beach vacation, but anywhere warm and not too far seems to be Zika territory. That's why we're thinking we might just have to embrace winter coziness. Hopefully somewhere with a pool still though so I can swim and take the weight off for a bit!
  • We should go somewhere since our 10yr wedding anniversary is right around my due date. Since we are planning on buying another house in the next few months, I am thinking we will likely do something close to home like a weekend in Banff.
  • @doraleigh35 Banff would be stunning!
  • We didn’t really do a baby moon last time. We did spend a nice weekend away for a wedding (and a second weekend away when we ran from a hurricane that, fortunately didn’t do too much damage to our house). This time we aren’t taking a special trip alone. We are going to Disney with DS and my family, but it’s definitely not a baby moon. Just a family trip. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • We did a big babymoon (Hawaii) when I was pregnant with our first, nothing for the second and probably nothing for this one either. We do have a trip to Miami next month but that’s been planned for months. It’s just so hard to plan a trip with two kids already. I was thinking of planning a family vacation but so expensive for four people to fly 😬

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• We didn't do anything with either of my pregnancies since I was in school and we didn't exactly have the money to go anywhere. I'm hoping for this one we can at least have a weekend or even a day to ourselves. I'm not super picky about what we do, it would just be nice to have a day away from the boys before our new little one arrives.
  • We went to a culinary resort in Burlington, VT when I was pregnant with my first and it was great. Trying to decide what to do this time around. I'd love to do something similar, but our budget is much tighter getting ready for this maternity leave, so I'm not sure.
  • @aresee which resort? I grew up near Burlington.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 The Essex Resort. We had a couple of great meals there and enjoyed wandering around the town. I wanted to do one of their cooking classes, but they didn't have one that weekend that particularly appealed to us. Some of them sound great, though.
  • I have a research conference in San Francisco, so I’ll bring DH along and we’ll make a baby moon out of that. Babymoon roadtrip! The best part is since it’s work related, I’ll get reimbursed for traveling up there. That leaves us with some extra money to spend in the city. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • We didn't do a baby moon the 1st time around and won't this time either. I do want to have a small kid free vacation after baby is born, even if it's just a 1 night thing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • With DD1 DH surprised me by planning a honeymoon/babymoon to Paris and Prague, with DD2 we had a prebabymoon to Scotland a month before I got pregnant.  *tw* it was also two weeks after a loss so much needed time together to help connect and emotionally heal. *end  tw*. This time around we’re going on a suuuuuuuper romantic trip to the University of Notre Dame for a football game.  We are going to spend a day/night in Chicago too.  We already had the trip planned and I’m really nervous about feeling up to it. 
  • @KFrob this sounds exactly like the trip we have planned. Going to Miami for a football game...and the game is 8pm and of course, I can’t drink. Hoping the beach/pool make up for it 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @coaster102516 Jealous you get the beach!  8 is rough!  Ours is 2:30, but we're staying with a family member out there who is so obsessed that they literally go to every sporting event, like even swim meets, and is planning a packed schedule for us so I'm planning on being completely wiped out.
  • We are trying to save all our $$ prior to the baby since we'll be down to just one income with DH going stay-at-home-dad. But, I've been keeping an eye out on groupon to see if I can score a cheap hotel room close by for a mini staycation with a pool and room service. 
  • We had already requested work off in early January for a planned Italy trip shortly before we knew we were expecting. Since we didn’t end up buying our plane tickets, I think we’ve decided we’re going to make an east coast trip instead to see some friends, so we can stay in the country and have a shorter flight. We’ll do Boston, NYC, and one other city - maybe in New Hampshire?
  • @korthouse I’d love a beach vacation as well but also worried about Zika. I have no idea how I’ll make it through the winter without a beach vacation. I live in a very cold part of Canada and it’s already in single digits for temp (even snowed not too far away).. so it will be a long winter. 

Maybe hawaii ! 😁
  • @kath1414 Yes! Canada can kind of be miserable in the winter, because you just don't get a break from the cold. I'm in Toronto, so luckily not in the single digits yet, but I know I'm going to need some kind of escape from the daily grind in eternal winter of the January through March stretch. Hoping a cozy getaway will do it but I'd love to just run away to the Dominican!
  • @jenabary We were planning an Italy trip for May following a friend's wedding in the French alps (one of them is from there), but now that my due date is April 28th we won't be able to go. A little bummed, but at least I get a cute baby as a consolation!
  • @kath1414 I want to be in a beach in the Caribbean but Zika is what's stopping me......I wish there was a beach in Europe that would be ideal in Nov/Dec.
  • @sanpelligrino in Europe you have Tenerife or Canary islands in Spain which are good temps and still warm enough to swim in Nov/Dec. 
  • @nicoleyolee wow that sounds amazing. 
  • @korthouse Wow - French alps and Italy! I would be bummed also, but you have a good perspective! A different kind of adventure awaits us! ☺️
  • I was on the B&B close to home train and now DH has decided, B&Bs are only for old people and if we have a crap winter he doesn't want to just drive 2hrs to still be in winter. So now he wants to talk Aruba.
    Yay sun and beach but Chicago winter can destroy travel and it would pretty much be an entire day to get there bc of stopovers. I don't want to travel for 8hrs both ways, for just 2 days in some sun. Especially since we have to figure out who can/would watch the toddler.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • For those of you looking for sun but not traveling too far, check out the Florida Keys.  You get the laid back tropical beach deal but with out all the lay overs.