Trying to Get Pregnant

Ovulation question related to pregnancy

We’re trying for baby three so you think I would know by now LOL, a few weeks ago I went off the yaz birth control pill as we decided to start trying. This was about 10 days into the pill pack...

I bought ovulation strips and started peeing on them because I was told that stopping the pill mid pack can bring on ovulation and sure enough, last Wednesday, the strip turned positive. I also had extra vaginal mucus. I thought I was doing the two week wait when lo and behold, today, the ovulation strips once again turned blaringly positive. I am, what I think to be, eight days past ovulation...I have super tender breasts, and i’ve had a twinge in my lower abdomen almost like gas for the last few days.  

Either I never ovulated eight days ago, and I’m about to ovulate or I have early onset pregnancy symptoms and maybe the ovulation test is picking it up? I took a pregnancy test this morning which was completely negative.

Has anyone else been in the same boat?

Are tender breasts a sign of ovulation?

Re: Ovulation question related to pregnancy

• I recommend a pregnancy test if you’re wondering if you’re pregnant. We really can’t tell you. 

Yes an ovulation test can be positive due to pregnancy but 8 dpo  would be difficult to pick up even for a sensitive test. It’s more likely an LH surge and things are wonky because you just stopped the pill. 

This is why opks aren’t foolproof. Temping gives you a much better idea of whether you actually ovulated or not. Good luck. 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• Loading the player...
  • I’m sorry, @dpchickens 💗
  • @dpchickens we'd be rich if we counted every dollar for every person who thinks it's okay to stop mid-pack and then acts all confused. Another week of pills ain't going to kill you!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 RIGHT!?!?  You stopped your medicine part-way through a regimen... and now you're confused because your body is acting weird.  I mean, I just do NOT get how people can be this ignorant...  Plus, it  SHOULD be well-known with the number of women on BC that it can take up to 6-12 months for your cycles to regulate out after you've been on BC pills for a while.  So even if you stop your pills at the end of the cycle/pack, your body could take months to regulate out to a 'normal.'  Urgh.  
  • Well thanks ya’ll bless your hearts and have a WONDERFUL day!! 
  • lmarino84 said:
    Well thanks ya’ll bless your hearts and have a WONDERFUL day!! 

• lmarino84 said:
    Well thanks ya’ll bless your hearts and have a WONDERFUL day!! 
    FWIW I stopped the pill mid cycle. But I wasn’t surprised when I got my period shortly after. 

There’s good advice here even if it’s not what you want to hear. Take. A. Test. 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself