Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Friday 10/4

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Friday 10/4

• @bows22 I was hoping not to see you here this morning. I am so sorry. Hugs. 

Month/Cycle: 5/3

CD/DPO: 32/10

Timing: -3, -1, +1

Typical LP length: not sure 

Testing: I haven’t decided. FF doesn’t predict AF until Wednesday. If we go out Saturday night I’ll test tomorrow before I have a drink. If not, I’ll probably wait.

R/R: I went to bed at 8 pm last night which explains why I’m here at 4:45 am, but it was so good. I finally feel rested after weeks of crappy sleep! 

CS/Q: no 

• Loading the player...
  • @chaos-and-coffee thank you! I guess you guys aren’t getting rid of me yet. I’m jealous of your sleep! I keep saying I’m going to go to bed super early like that one night but it never happens. That’s so good that you knew you needed it and made it happen!
  • @kpearse99 thank you! I have been trying to think about what I can do to treat myself. I just had a pedi like 2 weeks ago and that is usually my go-to.  I think doing something semi-productive will help me to feel like I have control over some aspect of my life. Like decorating for fall. Maybe I’ll go fall decor shopping today 🙂. What kind of cupcakes are you making? We are going to do a fall farm type of thing tomorrow too!
  • @bows22 Ugh, I’m so sorry for the BFN. Big hugs to you as you guys take this next step. When’s your appointment? 

@chaos-and-coffee An 8PM bedtime sounds heavenly!

@kpearse99 Your Friday night sounds amazing even with adding the cupcakes to the agenda.
  • @tyrion_ I’ll miss you in the dailies but I’m glad you are taking a break if that’s what you feel like you need! The appt is on the 21st. I have a lot of mixed feelings about it, but I guess wishing it wasn’t time isn’t a reason to not go. 
  • @kpearse99 cupcakes sound sooo good! What kind are you making? 

@tyrion_ sorry about AF :( but I’m glad you are taking care of yourself. We will miss you in the dailies! 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: CD22 / 6DPO

Timing: -5 -3 -1 O

Typical LP length: idk

Testing: I'll do a FRER on Monday at 9 DPO

R/R: I went to bed with a headache and woke up with a headache. I thought it was because I scaled back caffeine so much, but even drinking my 1 cup of nespresso this AM didn't help. Is there anything I can even take? NSAIDs are bad for implantation... ugh. My rave is I still went to the gym, but I felt like I was dying the whole time. So much bending over and standing back up and lifting heavy sh*t.

CS/Q:

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @bows22 I can’t imagine how complicated your feelings are about going to the RE. I really wish this had turned out differently for you. But I am so hopeful they’ll put you on the path you need for your baby. 
  • :(@bows22 I'm sorry you're still here. (I obviously mean that in the best way possible.) I hope you can find something nice to do for yourself today <3

@chaos-and-coffee Hooray for rest! :)

@kpearse99 pumpkins and cupcakes?! That's the best weekend ever!

@tyrion_ I hope you have a healing month. We'll miss you in the dailies <3

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @bows22 So so sorry, friend. I assume I'll be joining you on Monday. 

@chaos-and-coffee That actually sounds blissful! Bed at 8pm would be the greatest thing ever!

@kpearse99 Take a pic of the cupcakes for us!!!! I'm invested in them now! :D 

@saladflambe So so sorry! Can you take Tylenol? 

@tyrion_ so many creepy internet hugs. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 the internet is mixed on whether or not tylenol also affects implantation, and I don't want to risk it :(

• kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited October 2019
    @bows22 you should TOTALLY do some fall decoration retail shopping!! It's one of the best things to shop for!!

@bows22 and @chaos-and-coffee The cupcakes are going to be for the kids coming to the party, mostly, so I'm thinking of keeping it pretty basic with a vanilla cupcake but then making it more fun with a sprinkle-surprise center and maybe some fun colored icing.  @emeraldduchess shared a link with me for a really good buttercream icing so I think I'll use that as my base and then add some food coloring! I love baking!

@tyrion_ I know I'll still see you around here but I'll miss you in the dailies.  I do think it's a good idea for you guys to take a step back and give yourselves a break/breather for a month.  And you never know.... for some people, that's all they need for the magic to happen! <3

@saladflambe My RE told me Tylenol was fine to take - so you should be good to take that.

@mvt2003
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Month/Cycle: 4/2

CD/DPO: 32/578743477 better known as 4

Timing: -2,-1,0

Typical LP length: don’t know 

Testing: I said wfaf but honestly probably starting at 8dpo

R/R: my test yesterday was horrible, just waiting on grades back also this week has been dragging I just want it to hurry up so I can test lol.

CS/Q: none yet but I did get a decent temp spike this am but I went to bed wearing socks so that may be why 

@bows22: sorry for the bfn.

@chaos-and-coffee: I love early nights!

@kpearse99: I just realized we are dpo buddies.

@tyrion_ihope the month off is exactly what you need. 

@saladflambe: as an almost pharmacist I can confirm Tylenol is fine in ttc

• Month/Cycle: 13/13

CD/DPO: 26/12

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 12-14

Testing: Nope, still Spotty McSpotterson over here.

R/R: Still here for now but I assume I'll have to move over by Monday. I'm weirdly anxious about starting AF over the weekend because I have to call the OB-GYN for CD3 bloodwork, and the instructions say if it starts over a weekend I have to wait until Monday. :# 

The weekend should be light on plans, thankfully. We have the local mayoral/ward councilor political forum tomorrow night which should be all kinds of entertaining. I also talked MH into planning a trip to the New England Fiber Festival in November, which makes me happy AND gives me something to look forward to, so win-win. 

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

CS/Q: Nope

• @beckylookatherbump yay for DPO buddies!!  Also, your comment about 578743477 DPO made me laugh!! It does feel that way, doesn't?!  I'm sorry the test wasn't the best! If you're anything like me though, the worse you think you did the better you actually scored... so there's still hope!

@mvt2003 I can't believe you are still spotting!!! WTH ute?!  The RE says you have to wait until Monday to call? Well, if AF arrives tomorrow the Monday is still CD3 - So I would call ASAP Monday morning then and they should be able to still get you in for your baseline tests.

Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I know!!!!!! I'm almost wondering if my diet change has something to do with these 2 whackadoodle cycles in a row? In any event, I'm trying to just ctfd and remember that my upcoming bloodwork will show my progesterone levels in any event, so no point in freaking out now. Thankfully, I chose an OB-GYN that has 2 offices close to my house/work, and there's literally a lab on my way to work. 

• Month/Cycle: 1/1 AL, 10/11 total

CD/DPO: 30/12

Timing: fair

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: BFN this morning, WFAF

R/R: I expected the BFN but still bummed. Weirdly, I was kinda relieved just because I’m so nervous about another CP. I started a new job this month and my new insurance kicks in next month (hallelujah bc COBRA is a bazillion dollars) so we’re planning on heading to the doc in Nov if nothing has happened by then. It feels good to have that plan (and the pending paperwork to start the adoption process) and I think I’m gonna give myself the month off from wearing the Ava bracelet. My cycle is pretty predictable so I’ll still have a decent idea about ovulation and I think it’ll be good to just take a breather and wait til Nov for next steps. 

CS/Q: not really 

@bows22 sorry for your BFN. No matter how much you mentally prepare yourself for it, it still sucks.

• @kpearse99 this cycle has just been dragging on this month. I think because I ovulated so late. 
  • @saladflambe hope you feel better soon! 

@beckylookatherbump I’m with you on the feeling that this cycle and this TWW are honestly never-ending. I swear I check FF 17 times a day. Still on 10dpo. Ugh. 

@mvt2003 I hope you have a relaxing weekend! I will say, when I cut out sugar/a bunch of things a while ago it totally knocked my cycle out of whack and I O’d a week later than I normally do. Maybe that could be a factor? 

@rachelredhead so sorry about the BFN. :( I hope with the new insurance you are able to get some answers from your new OB!
  • @chaos-and-coffee: we are cycle day buddies! I have all the friends here.
  • Thanks all - headache did go away on its own eventually. It was probably the donut that cured me. Yep. I'll need to eat more donuts. :)

@rachelredhead so sorry for the BFN :( no matter how much you expect it, there's always that shred of hope still there that makes it hurt so much. Hugs.

@mvt2003 I hope AF stays away! 

• @bows22 I'm sorry about the negative. :(

@tyrion_ months off are hard. But good for you for doing what you feel is best for you even if it is hard. I hope the month off is everything you need it to be.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 26/12

Timing: -1, O

Typical LP length: 13ish

Testing:  nah. I'm done. WFAF.

R/R:  I started spotting and cramping so I'm assuming CD1 will be later today or tomorrow morning. I'm not crazy about the whole 12 day luteal phase thing. I know that technically OK but it still feels a little short.

CS/Q: nope.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @bows22 sorry for the bfn:( I hope the sundae made you feel a little bit better!

@chaos-and-coffee glad you were able to catch up on sleep, even if it made you wake up super early!

@kpearse99 that sounds like a nice weekend! And yes, isn’t the saying something like drink til it’s pink? Haha 

@tyrion_ I’m sorry that this has been tough for you lately. I hope you feel better and are energized come November! No shame in taking time for yourself. 

@saladflambe wow! I’ve never heard that! I hope you were able to find some relief at least!  I’m a big caffeine drinker too and it’s hard to scale back. I also have adhd and don’t take medication for it, so the caffeine helps keep me a bit balanced and I can definitely feel it when I don’t have a least a couple of cups of coffee. I’m an extra shot type of gal! 

@beckylookatherbump sorry your test went badly. I hope you did better than you think!

@mvt2003 I hope AF holds off for you! Have a good weekend! 

@rachelredhead sorry about the bfn:( that is exciting about the adoption process though, it sounds like your feeling are all over the place right now. I hope you’re able to have a good weekend and come into November with peace too!

• Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 25/10

Timing: SMEP

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: WFAF probably 

R/R: I’ve had a bit of cramping today, so I have a feeling af is right around the corner. It’s annoying how some months I have all the pms symptoms and some- like this month hardly anything. At least I’m not breaking out this time.. DH and I went out for haircuts this morning, and tomorrow we’re going out for a date. We’re finally getting a bit of cool, rainy weather this weekend so I’m digging all the fall/spooky vibes. 

CS/Q:

• @photographerwife Maybe those cramps, since it's not paired with breaking out, is a goooood sign?!?! Have an amazing date night!!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 hopefully! Im such a pessimist when it comes to ttc though, I don’t even like to test because it just hurts my feelings. 😬 thank you! I’m glad I’ll be busy to keep my mind distracted. 
  • I'm so sorry for CD1 @NamelessAria :( 

I will still keep everything crossed for you @photographerwife !

• mvt2003mvt2003 member
    edited October 2019
    @kpearse99 Want/need!!!! Also AF started for me (90 mins after my drs office closed) so pass that wine please! 

• @mvt2003 sorry AF started. ☹️ Hugs. Here’s some wine.

• I require a cupcake.

:o <- insert here

• @mvt2003 Ugh I’m so sorry. But I’m hopeful for you!! Big hugs 💗
  • 💕💕💕 thanks @kpearse99 @tyrion_ @mindyb2019 I’m having a LARGE glass over here too. Let’s get this IF testing party started I guess!