May 2020 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-In 10/3

This is a check-in for people who were active on TTGP before getting the BFP. We welcome all TTGPers in other BMBs as well. 

What's going on this week?

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 10/3

• @ruby696 Have you tried the hair elastic trick and Bella band yet?  That got me a pretty long ways with my regular pants last time!  

What's going on this week?  I feel like I'm repeating a lot of what I've said in other threads, but genetics appointment went well.  We're doing Harmony at 12 weeks with a non-NT viability scan.  I'm starting to feel excited finally!

How far along are you?  9 weeks today!

Upcoming appointments?  Scan, OB follow-up, and Harmony draw on the 25th.

Cravings/Symptoms?  No cravings, really.  Nothing sounds appealing.  My nausea has stuck around, but I haven't actually vomited in over a week, so that's good-ish, I guess.  Some cramping, sore boobs that come and go.  The superhuman sense of smell continues to be the worst symptom to deal with.  I'm tempted to shove earplugs in my nostrils.  :lol:

Rants/Raves/Randoms?  We're taking a family trip to Philly in less than 2 weeks, and we're not sure what we're doing for the 2 days before we drive down to Philly.  The original plan was to visit our families for the annual fall festival MH's hometown does over Columbus Day weekend, and we were going to stay with my parents Monday and Tuesday nights.  However, my sister broke her ankle, and so now she is staying in the guest room at my parents' house, and they only have a full sized bed downstairs for us.  Not to sound like a princess, but I can't share a full sized bed with MH right now.  We're both really tall and not small people, and right now I can't handle the smell of his breath most nights.  So, we have to figure that all out.  I'm thinking we might bring an air mattress for MH to sleep on and I'll take the bed, but I haven't run that idea by him just yet.  :lol:  But I'm excited for the rest of the trip!  It's our first significant vacation with DS, and we're taking him to Sesame Place.  

Questions?  Did you guys hear about the Zantac recall?  That was the only thing that worked for my pregnancy heartburn last time, and I'm nervous about possibly not having it available this time!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Loading the player...
  • @ruby696 FFTC I wore a pair of maternity pants last week with a long tunic so people would be less apt to notice. It was such a good idea.

@shamrocandroll Your trip sounds so fun! I googled Sesame Place because I live under a rock and it looks awesome! It's only 5 hours from me so I'll have to remember that. I don't blame you about the full size bed- my H and I can *barely* do a queen when we have to. First world problems.

@yodamama Are you going to do anything fun with your family? I hope your follow-up with the vet goes well!
  • @shamrocandroll I've used the hair tie and that does work pretty well. But it's better for jeans. My work pants have a different setup. I didn't like the belly band my first pregnancy. Maybe I'll try it again. I hope you have a great trip and I hope YH is all for the air mattress! 😆

@yodamama I hope your pup is okay and I'm sorry you work with such an asshole. ❤

@rachelg777 I'm definitely busting out the maternity pants for our Disneyland trip. I refuse to be uncomfortable if I have to be on my feet all day.
  • What's going on this week? Work and anxiously awaiting my appointment tomorrow.

How far along are you? 8 weeks today

Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow! My H can't make it so I'm a little terrified/bummed about that.

Cravings/Symptoms? I'm still feeling nauseous but not the constant I can't move and everything hurts type that I have been feeling, so that is kind of nice. I just ate pizza at 9:30 AM because I eat constantly. And now it’s 11 and I’m already hungry.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I slept hard last night and it was amazing. My rant is I asked my OB for our cost sheet when I was at my nurse visit, as they said they usually give it out at the first appointment. I finally got it yesterday. We currently use an HSA so I was kind of hoping for a detailed list of costs etc but pretty much it told me my deductible and OOP max. Thanks... already knew that. 😝

Questions? Nope.
  • What's going on this week? Vacation Saturday through Tuesday! I cannot wait. I am so excited to go.

How far along are you? 8 weeks today.

Upcoming appointments? Ultrasound is October 11, first appointment is October 14th!

Cravings/Symptoms? Skin breakout along jawline and chin, shortness of breath, bloating, food doesn't sound good unless it's junky carbs - but I can still eat basically anything fine. I'm getting more fatigued, but I cannot tell if it is because I've been off my thyroid meds for 3 weeks now and my body is starting to go more hypo again, or if it is just pregnancy fatigue. I get my thyroid labs in 3 weeks, so for now I am just watching out for my typical hypo symptoms, if they start I may ask for labs sooner.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Vacation! We are staying on the lake in a "cabin" instead of the main hotel. Really the cabin is just like a large hotel room with 2 queen beds, a pull out couch, bathroom, a fireplace, and just more spacious in general. But we will have a grill outside and a fire pit. So we will probably hang out outside when the toddlers go to sleep and plan on grilling at least 1 night most likely. The main hotel with the waterpark and theme park is just a 3-5 minute drive down the road.

Questions? Nothing yet.

@ruby696 I've been wearing my maternity pants already. #noshame To be fair I've been struggling with my weight before I got pregnant, so I already started this one heavier with most of my jeans not fitting because I hadn't gotten around to buying new ones. Could you do the hair tie trick around the button?

@shamrocandroll I'm glad you got a solid plan after seeing the geneticist. Have you tried apple cider vinegar for heartburn ever? A lot of times heartburn and acid reflux is actually because you have too little stomach acid.

@yodamama Sounds like a busy weekend/week! I'm sorry about all the shit at work. There really are some dirtbags in the military. DH was active duty stationed in Texas/Iraq for 3 years, some of the stories he would tell me about with his roommate and some other guys was ridiculous. Like I don't want these type of people protecting our country.

@rachelg777 DH can't make it to our first ultrasound either and I am super worried about that. FX your appointment is nothing but good!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua Your trip sounds wonderful! There's a place in Monterey like that which we love. We get a "cabin" which is really a suite and it's right in the sand dunes with a patio and fire puts further out on the beach. When the kids go to bed, we like to turn on the fireplace or sit outside with a bottle of wine. 
  • @rachelg777 Someone on my FB feed shared this article this morning.  So yay, you made a healthy choice!  :lol:  Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!!!  I'll be thinking of you! 

@yodamama I'm so irritated for you about that d-bag at work, too.  

@m6agua No, I've never heard of that, but I tried to gargle with it for a sore throat before and it made me throw up, so I can't imagine it would work so well for me during pregnancy, haha.  I don't usually get heartburn until later when there's no room for anything.  Have so much fun on vacation!!!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll there we go  :D:D  The only other thing was the fact that it was like my 3rd breakfast of the day so there is also that... 2nd tri will be better with food choices  :p
  • What's going on this week? Just trucking along in the school year. Things are kind of in a groove but are also thrown off by not feeling well!

How far along are you? 7+3

Upcoming appointments? First US in 11 days! Hoping to see a healthy LO in there!

Cravings/Symptoms? Potatoes. All things potatoes. My saviour from nausea is a Mcds hashbrown. Pretty regular symptoms still. Sleeping so much.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Can't shake one cold without rolling into another! I blame my students...

@ruby696 I teach three periods in a row and have to keep sitting and eating crackers because I get light headed too! I'm so not a "sit down" teacher. Going anywhere good for vacation? Also my pants (I only have one pair, but who's counting how often I wear them) are tummy control and have an elastic waistband. I see no shame in maternity pants at this point. We're only going to get bigger.

@shamrocandroll Having a cold has at least eased the super smell! My vote is that DH gets the floor! Your growing a THB and a new organ. Enjoy Philly!

@yodamama I hope everything is ok with your puppy! I can't even imagine your work situation. I'm sorry. 

@rachelg777 I used the line "The nausea gets what the nausea wants" the other day when justifying more tater tots to DH. Morning pizza sounds awesome! Also yay for sleeping hard!

@m6agua Enjoy vacation! It sounds like a perfect one to me! 
  • @ruby696 I am also rocking the maternity pants. The bloat is ridiculous! 

@shamrocandroll I am so glad you are starting to feel excited! I also cannot stand my husbands breath at night 🤢 I did hear about the recall. My heartburn was terrible last time so I’m hoping I find an alternative. 

@yodamama  I just caught up on the other threads and read about your work situation. What a jerk. I am so sorry you have to go through that. Have you reported him at some point? I’m trying to remember from the TTGP thread. 

@rachelg777 good luck tomorrow! 

@m6agua enjoy the trip! Sounds amazing. 

@jrouge12 I am also loving all the potatoes 

• What's going on this week?  Nothing too big. DD is finally recovered after being sick and while I am still incredibly nauseous and exhausted I feel like I can function a little better. 

How far along are you? 8+7

Upcoming appointments? 10/21

Cravings/Symptoms? Nausea, vomiting, bloat, and exhausted. Food is not appealing and it has become a chore to eat.

Rants/Raves/Randoms?  I just booked a fall family photo session and I’m now stressing about what we are all going to wear. I don’t have much fashion sense so I struggle with this. 

Questions? Naw 
  • @newmomtx06 - I reported him to his supervisor after the "birth control" comment, and again after the most recent comment, as well. Those were informal reports, though, and I don't have much confidence that his supervisor will 1) take it seriously, and 2) actually do anything about it. The next time he says anything like that again (to me or anyone else) I'm going to lodge a formal EO complaint with my command. It sucks that it takes four or five instances of him getting away with this, but such is life in the military. If I had gone directly to a formal complaint, the first thing I would have been asked would have been, "Have you tried solving this at the lowest level?"
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @newmomtx06 I went out of my way for hashbrowns this morning. It made my day better. Although now I'm nursing a gingerale...