Group 1 (April 1-8) Check-in Week of Sept. 30

EDD/W+D: 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What was your most recent splurge? 

Re: Group 1 (April 1-8) Check-in Week of Sept. 30

• EDD/W+D: 14 weeks! Hi second trimester!

Team: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): beet 

Upcoming Appointments: 16 week checkup

How are you feeling? Great! Just heartburn. 

Raves/Rants: I am going to a wedding Saturday and am struggling to feel good in any of my dresses. It will also only be 50 degrees out so my options are limited to begin with. The best fitting dress is pale pink which doesn’t seem like an October wedding color at all. 

Questions: 

Ordered a rug and dresser for the baby room! Also a pair of satin flats from Anthro for me 😀
  • EDD/W+D: April 7 / 13+1
    Team: Finding out
    Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon 🍋 

Upcoming Appointments: October 8 dentist / October 23 for 16 weeks / November 19 for 20 week ultrasound

How are you feeling? Feeling better, but I said that last week and then I had another migraine (with accompanying nausea and vomiting), so...hopefully that is really behind me now!

Raves/Rants: I ended up telling my closest work friend this weekend because she shared a big secret with me about applying for another position - she teared up and it was really sweet! I wasn’t expecting that reaction at all!

Questions: When do you all plan to start on a nursery (if you’ll have one)?

@independentgeorge your splurge made me think of this! Do you mind sharing how you chose your dresser?

GTKY: What was your most recent splurge? I purchased a painting at a gallery show, which is something WAY out of my comfort zone, but I love it so much! 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: April 8 | 13w0d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Still green 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon 🍋 yay!

Upcoming Appointments: Oct. 4th at home with midwife. 

How are you feeling? I am ALWAYS bad when I turn a new week. Migraines and nausea that slowly go away as the week goes on. 

Raves/Rants: I have officially weaned my 1 year old!! My chest can take a break for about 6 months! Lol 

Questions: 

I bought some crystal table lamps and am getting a whole new china service. Also, I really want the sheepskin rug from Costco!!
  • @independentgeorge Those satin flats sound sooo nice! 

@jenabary I will wait for my nesting to kick in to set up for the new baby. We are moving in June to a bigger house so it looks like a nursery will be mostly set up after. 
    Also, I love paintings! Sounds lovely! 
  • @jenabary we wanted a low, long dresser (for a changing table) with metal drawer glides to hopefully make the drawers slide easily. We ordered the Mila 6 drawer in white from Pier1. It looks great but so far the drawers don’t actually open and close that easily. I wanted something to work as well as kitchen drawers and this isn’t quite that quality. 

Amazing that you splurged on art!  

@ruby_love the crystal lamps sound really lovely. I am such a home decor addict! 
  • EDD/W+D: April 8, 13 weeks (although my midwife said they were keeping the original due date of April 3 instead of going with the dating on the ultrasound 🤷🏼‍♀️) 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding our

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon or jalapeño pepper depending on the app

Upcoming Appointments: Today! I had an appointment with the midwife and it went well. We got to hear the baby’s heartbeat and it was in the 150s  

How are you feeling? Good, still tired at times, but overall I’ve had a pretty easy first trimester. 

Raves/Rants: I was just so excited to have another appointment and hear the heartbeat today!

Questions: 

@jenabary We probably won’t set up a nursery  until after we have a baby shower. I think we are going to keep the walls the same color, as we chose a neutral color with a baby in mind when we painted our spare room upon first moving into our house. 

Hmm.. the hotel for our wedding anniversary coming up.
  • EDD/W+D: April 6th / 13+3... second trimester!!

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: I want to find out. My SO recently just told me now he doesn’t want to find out! 🤦‍♀️ 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon! 

Upcoming Appointments: Prenatal end of the month

How are you feeling? Thought I was starting to feel better.. but I’ve had lots of nausea and fatigue this past week. Still having major food aversions. I’m really only interested in eating snacks/ bland food.. anything that’s an actual meal I can only pick at. 

Raves/Rants: Work is kicking my butt right now. I worked a 12 hour shift today and immediately went to the couch when I got home and fell asleep. I seriously don’t know how people do this with other kids. 

Questions: @jenabary I’ll probably start the nursery after we find out the gender (well if that happens now!) and know everything’s ok from the 20 week ultrasound. I’m so excited to start! 

Probably this bamboo top that will be great for maternity & BF. It’s from a small local company! 
  • EDD/W+D: April 1, 14w1d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: team blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): peach

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 10th with the midwife and Oct 23rd for anatomy scan with MFM

How are you feeling? Still nauseous at nighttime and getting frequent headaches. I get pubic bone pain when I exercise. I have felt better by this time in previous pregnancies so just hoping the nausea goes away for good soon.

Raves/Rants: shampoo smells linger forever and make me nauseous. I've never hated shampoo more! So silly.

Questions: have you all told everyone yet? I'm contemplating telling work this weekend but dont think we'll go public on social media until 20ish weeks like we did last time.

GTKY: What was your most recent splurge? I have it in my shopping cart but havent pulled the trigger yet...but I'm dying for a new pair of Frye boots. I usually buy 1 new pair every winter and have my eye on a pair of black booties.
  • @mwill291 We’ve only told family and closest friends. After my midwife appt tomorrow, I will share with my other friends. 
    And I love Frye boots! Do you sell your old ones? That always helps me justify a purchase. 😊 
  • @ruby_love I haven't sold them yet. I still wear most of them. The only ones I may sell soon are the melissa button ones because they just are not as comfortable as others I have. I don't buy expensive high heels or any other type of shoes so I justify it like that! Boots and sandals are my thing.
  • @mwill291 we told our families pretty early on (7 weeks) and I told my coworkers last week at 12 weeks. We are probably going to do a social media announcement soon between 13 or 14 weeks. 
  • Thanks for all the responses to my question! I think I’ll also be waiting for nesting to kick in and probably won’t take any major action until the start of the new year...

@independentgeorge I appreciate you sharing! I need my own new dresser, and I’ve been looking on and off for several months, so the idea of now choosing one for kiddo has me a little stressed! I wonder if the drawers will improve with use? Or maybe you could try running a bar of soap over the rollers?

@mwill291 We have told close family, and we’re slowly telling friends. I plan to tell work at the end of the month (so far I’m still disguising the small bump okay). We won’t share on social media until around Thanksgiving, which will be after 20 weeks. 

And apparently I need to look into these boots!
  • EDD/W+D: april 6th 13weeks 4 days 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Upcoming Appointments: October 10th I get my first ultrasound, october 24th I have a midwife appointment and I'm hoping to book an early gender ultrasound.

How are you feeling? Been pretty good feeling but noticing bits of carpal tunnel.

Raves/Rants: we are almost into our home it's been under renovations all summer we are waiting on the tub. 

Questions: we are unsure when we will do our nursery the upstairs front 2 bedrooms one being the nursery is suppose to be renovated sometime next year. 

GTKY: What was your most recent splurge? I purchased and aiden and anais swaddle limited edition Harry Potter. One for me and one for my best friend.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic