Group 4 (2/22-2/29) Check In w/o 9/30

EDD/W+D:

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something you are REALLY looking forward to once baby is born? 
TW
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Group 4 (2/22-2/29) Check In w/o 9/30

• Loading the player...
  • @kbrinks2, hope his surgery and recovery go well!
  • EDD/W+D: 19w 5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: FO t-1week

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Upcoming Appointments: 10/7 for AS

How are you feeling? Excited and nervous. I don’t feel any kicks so I won’t be able to rest until the US

Raves/Rants: I told my boss last week which had been a huge stress. It didn’t go fabulous but I expected a firestorm so I guess that’s good.

I’m struggling with body comments. A lot more than I’d hope to. I had recovered from an eating disorder and thought my head was in a good place and all the body comments are freaking me out. I’m not sure how to raise this with my OB. I’m on track so it doesn’t come up. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What is something you are REALLY looking forward to once baby is born? 

Finally meeting him/her. It’s been a long time coming. Seeing my husband with the baby 
  • @22ksi2, I have a feeling this will come out not as I intend. What do you want to talk to your OB about regarding the body comments? Are you concerned you are gaining too much or too little? Do you want to ask OB for resources for who you can speak to about your feelings?

I think if you have concerns and a history with an eating disorder you should seek out a therapist. 
  • @jvk2012 no I know what you mean. I think I was thinking, holistically?

I know when things get bad and I’m thankful I’m far from that.  I guess I was more thinking of not making it the focus of the appointment unless it’s an issue. I’d rather make sure my child is growing and on track. Maybe bc there isn’t much going on in these “in between” appointments but I feel like the only things we talk about is what I eat and what I weigh. 

Pregnancy is a weird time. 
  • @22ksi2, I think it’s totally appropriate to fill your OB in on your history and let them know that unless there is a concern about your health or the baby’s health then you’d prefer to not discuss things like weight and size but rather focus on growing on track. 
  • @22ksi2 I would also mention it to your OB. They might have recommendations on someone you can talk with or ways to cope. I still don’t understand why people feel the need to comment on someone else’s size, ever!!
    I think your OB knowing your background and knowing you are uncomfortable with always talking about size and weight will help them think before they speak too!