June 2020 Moms

October Randoms

Post all random thoughts here!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: October Randoms

• It is supposed to be 90 degrees today where I live.  This weather is absurd.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley I’m in Texas and it’s still in the mid 90’s. I’m SOOOOO over it!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @diagonalley, it's in the 90's here too. This is so ridiculous! I just want fall weather so I can take the kids pumpkin picking! 🤣

Pregnancy Ticker

• I hope someone with bmb organization skills joins June 2020. Things will get messy so fast. Great at following it once set up, not great at setting it up! 
  • I'm all for organization, but some things are a bit much, IMO. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley for sure. I just don't want a discussion posted for every random thought. It gets so hard to catch up everyone. 
  • TGIF everybody!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got this marketing email from Marshall’s. Apparently it’s the 90s temp-wise and fashion-wise!

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • I actually love that the 90s are coming back. Makes me nostalgic 🤣
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Few days late- but come to London. Fall has officially arrived here! #britishweather}
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also the bump has closed down their UK app, which is annoying! I’ll have to figure out a way to hack into the US App Store... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 60s and 70s here, which is perfect. Windows open!
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• I appreciate you using F and not C.  I was so confused when I was in London and the weather came on the news haha.

I'm already starting to think of names.  This will be way easier (maybe?) when we know the sex.  Why does time move so slowlllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley same here. Girl name I locked down because we had it picked out before finding out ds was a boy. Yet I've been calling this baby Charlie a lot in my head. Hope dh is OK with it if it's a boy! 
  • @diagonalley I’ve lived here 10 years and I just cannot do Celsius!!! I have to constantly convert temperatures for my British husband. Fahrenheit FOR LIFE.

We’ll definitely wait till we know the gender. I have some front runners but I’m sure there will be a bit of a battle with DH! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh man we've had our boy name since before we got married lol.

But if we have another girl, I'm not sure what the name will be.

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @thumper61

@a_rae123

I would get the wonder weeks book or at least the app. It is so helpful knowing when and what developmental leaps are. 
  • We had a heck of a time figuring out the second boy name so a third is sure to be a doozy. I know what I like, but DH isn't on board. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • For books, I’d mostly do some pregnancy reading (but really, as much of it as you want because it’s amazing & fun & enjoy every minute) but mostly just an app is enough info for what you really need to know. I’d focus on reading up on birth and post birth (Baby 411, breastfeeding if you plan to, prepping your dog for baby, etc.) Do try to be conscious of how your reading materials are making you feel. If they’re adding positively to your life, awesome. If you find they’re making you feel bad (stressed, anxious, like there is a perfect & you have to be it, down on yourself), drop them. 

If we have a girl, she’s practically named. We were team green with the last & could have had her named before we moved to mom & baby. We’re both still attached to the name & haven’t shared it with anyone in our families. But then the last time we were visiting my family my sister who is planning to TTC soon announced that her girl name is basically the same name. 😬 It’s not even a very common name. 🤦‍♀️ 

TTC since Feb 2016
  • DH and I talked girl names last night & are in disagreement, though we've picked a middle name at least. We are pretty die-hard "family names" people (our daughter is named after my great grandmother & my grandmother), so our options are limited...

Irene (his grandmother) will be the middle name, but the first name is pretty much tied between Madeline & Caroline -- he prefers Caroline because my mother has a DOG she named Madeline (after my great grandmother).... I prefer Madeline, because I just do lol... but Caroline isn't bad...idk. Caroline is my maternal grandmother's first name that she did NOT go by and didn't even have put in her obituary.

• @saladflambe both are adorable but I like Caroline best. Either way you can't go wrong! 
  • Madeline is definitely my number one choice if it's a girl. My oldest (he's 5) who doesn't know I'm pregnant announced at the dinner table last night that he had a dream that I had a little girl in my belly. This is the second time he has said something like this since I found out, the first being hours after. Either he really really wants a sister or he has ESP or something. Or both 😜
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband likes some weirdddd names. Like Taliesin. He was a Welsh poet in 556 and DH thinks it’s a nice boys name. No one will be able to pronounce it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Apparently my grandmother's first name was Carolyn, not Caroline.

The thing is, she never used that name - she went by her middle name, Ruth.

so, anyways, I guess we're debating Carolyn vs. Madeline

Carolyn is fine, I guess... 

Carolyn Irene...

Ugh idk - I guess looking at my great grandmother's name "Madeline," I imagine it's supposed to be pronounced "Mad-el-line" but I was pronouncing it "Mad-e-lynn" ....I like the second version better, but now I can't remember how SHE pronounced it! AAUGH.

Fine. Carolyn. Carolyn? It's so weird to me! I loved Emma's name from the start, so this is tough! 
    Maybe it'll be a boy lol

• My son was named before we got married, lol. My daughter was 3 days old, we'd been calling her "baby no-name with vagina" for too long, and really wanted to fill out birth certificate paperwork...

This one will have one boy and one girl name picked out by second trimester hopefully. We do team green, but I really want this taken care of early.

Also, I'm hoping some more surprise pregnancy moms arrive. And maybe a few fellow homebirthers. Selfishly. :)
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Can someone please explain all the abbreviations that are being used? Also, how I can change my username? I  can't seem to find that anywhere! Thanks!
  • Can someone please explain all the abbreviations that are being used? Also, how I can change my username? I  can't seem to find that anywhere! Thanks!
    There's a whole thread of abbreviations. Check it out. :)

User name needs to be changed by logging into your account at The Knot, and changing it there. It's...annoying. Then back at The Bump, log out and back in. It might take about 24 hours for it to update.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not a homebirther here, but I did have my first completely unmedicated so we may have similar ambitions in that sense, lol. My second was a crazy birth and I ended up needing an epidural after many many hours of laboring without one because baby got stuck and it was either force my body to rest or remove baby surgically. Thankfully I was able to deliver vaginally 7 hours later. I'm aiming for med free this time though. The recovery is much easier.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail Did you just think that her initial first name was too long to fit on forms and stuff? 😂

@knottieallthenumbers There’s a link in the thread she mentioned above and there’s also one in the “Read this first - board organization” thread. 

TTC since Feb 2016
  • kiki75 said:
    @pourmeanothermocktail Did you just think that her initial first name was too long to fit on forms and stuff? 😂

****stuck in the box!****

Nah, I just didn't want to listen to Susan or Karen complain that their kid asked what a vagina was before they were 18. 🤣
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Can someone come clean my house for me. I don't wanna.

• @pourmeanothermocktail not a homebirther, I think they are still technically illegal in my state so I see a midwife group and deliver at a hospital who has the option of water births.  My last 2 were both unmedicated waterbirths.
  • I, too, use midwives!

I will be getting ALL the epidurals.  :#

• @saladflambe all the epidurals here too. With DS I pushed for 5 hours - after my epidural wore off. Then had to wait another 1.5 hours for anesthesia to get to the hospital to do my c-section. While fully dilated and having contractions. Nope nope nope 
  • @pourmeanothermocktail not a homebirther, I think they are still technically illegal in my state so I see a midwife group and deliver at a hospital who has the option of water births.  My last 2 were both unmedicated waterbirths.
    Can I ask what state you're in? Only because I'm actually part of a midwife activist group. There are very very few states where it's illegal to have a home air, but there are many (Illinois where I live, included) that have licensing issues and make it very difficult to have a midwife legally attend your birth at home.

Soap box-difference is who is in trouble. Midwife being in trouble for attending the birth is different that the birthing party being in trouble for having a baby at home-which would open doors for CPS being called, etc.

With our licensing issue, and the fact that my first birth was surgical, there were no legal midwife options to attend my birth. 

However, I had a midwife who is licensed in two adjacent states attend my home birth. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail I'm in Connecticut, with my daughter in 2011 the closest stand alone birthing center was over an hour away and there went home births available.  I went to an OB group that had midwifes.  My midwife from the practice ended up opening her own midwifery practice but still catches babies at the same hospital.  

We do not have direct entry midwives or maybe they just arent regulated. I did just look and found 1 group who does home births. 
  • saladflambesaladflambe member
    edited October 2019
    @chaos-and-coffee omggg... see I got so lucky w/ Emma... well, half lucky:
    I was in labor for 36 hours, so that part suuuucked but once they gave me the epi, I progressed quickly - pushed her out in 20-30 min - epi was perfection. But also...also...get ready to laugh...

So, at 24 hours of labor, they gave me Ambien and sent me home to labor at home. I proceeded to labor & hallucinate in the tub bc I definitely couldn't sleep. I did sleep some once I had the epi, but also... once I pushed her head out...I fell asleep. Literally, I fell asleep giving birth. They hollered at me to wake up - that I needed to finish pushing her out!

Damn that Ambien made me feel soooo relaxed for houuurrss lol. I might need to take it again when in labor.

• @MaximumEffort Yeah, Illinois doesn't license any direct entry midwives either. We have one birth center, it's only 3 years old, but I can't use it. There are maybe 12 CNM midwives who attend home births, and then the many CPMs from border states that will deliver here. I was very happy with mine! 

I've never had a medicated birth. My experience so far is that my body doesn't react appropriately to spinal injections for numbing. 

If nitrous oxide were an option while at home, I would have tried that. But, not offered.

I have a trauma history though, and unless severe medical issue, could not handle a hospital delivery.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That moment you freak out b.c you this there is a bug down your shirt when really it was just a piece of brownie....