May 2020 Moms

STM+ Check-in: October

2»

Re: STM+ Check-in: October

• Loading the player...
  • mdfarmchickmdfarmchick member
    edited October 2019
    @mokay19 I get so sick and throw up most days for 17 weeks. I dare MH to forget that. Also, my oldest is a super empathetic kid so he tries hard to take care of me when I’m sick—even when he was barely two. I really love that kid.
    The slow motion fall to the ground... bahaha I can’t help it. I almost always smile at the 19 month old unless I’m laughing at him. Sooo dramatic!
  • @mdfarmchick yes, I was sick until 30 weeks! Haha but, to be fair to DH, he was active duty during the pregnancy and wasn’t literally barely home. 
    That is so adorable about your caring child. Melts my cold, black heart 🖤 
  • Any questions/concerns? Not really. I had more concerns when I was pregnant with my daughter because my son was literally still a baby and I thought I was ruining his life, but those two are attached at the hip and they'll be fine when this one comes. I actually feel a bit bad that this one won't have a sibling close to it, since the gap will be 6 years and almost 8 years, but I'm not having a fourth, 
    I'm in the same boat. Our gap will be newly 5 (April) and basically 8 (june). We will not be having anymore after this, so I feel bad as well.
  • @thepretzelchick @lea-v3 Me too. Our age gap will be 5 and 7 and honestly, it’s something I think about a lot. My DD + DS are really close and I think how the new baby will basically be an only child by the time he/she is in 8th grade. But yeah, there is no way I am having a fourth. 

• My age gap will be bigger than I wanted, but one of my best friends is ten years older than her brother and they have a great relationship. So none of that worries me anymore. It will work out. 
  • I’m more worried about DS - he will be 4.5 by the time baby is born and we plan to have 1-2 more with smaller age gaps. My older brother is 5 years older than me and then little brother is 2 years younger and any family get together little brother and I are attached at the hip while my older brother is kinda left alone. 

But like @Linsbins says - it will all work out!
  • I think there is a lot more to sibling closeness (or lack thereof) than age difference, personally.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3