May 2020 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    @ruby696 How irritating!  Can you write the expense off on your taxes, at least?  Also, you'll probably be even more obviously pregnant considering you're baking 2 buns in there!  :)
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF to my bosses who have decided a astroturf pad is a good way to potty train a puppy and they just hose it off and put it back wet. It smells absolutely terrible and I don’t know how much longer I can handle it. 
  • Options
    Work. Not every job that we design can be “the hottest one”
    We usually get 2 weeks to design and finalize each project.... they’re giving us 1 week to do SIX! WTF?!? 
  • Options
    @bender29 WTF? That sounds disgusting and like a terrible idea.
  • Options
    WTF to the douchebag who pulled me into his office after a meeting this morning to tell me that he has received reports that my eye makeup is unprofessional. I have winged my eyeliner for the past 3+ years, and this is the first time it has come up. And it's not like I go full-on Amy Winehouse, I use a stamp that is 7mm so they're tiny. But sure, it's unprofessional. Got it.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @yodamama Ummm that is borderline sexual discrimination.  There is nothing remotely inappropriate about eyeliner.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @yodamama ummm that is just ridiculous! I can't believe someone would complain about eye makeup. 
  • Options
    My WTF is my fitbit. When we went on vacation last month, it started giving me issues - and over time all the buttons stopped working. Now the time is off so when I tried syncing it won't connect. :s For a device that I got less than a year and half ago, you'd think it would last longer!
  • Options
    My friend cancelled on me today.  I rearranged my scheduled and used a day of PTO so we could meet up and go hiking when it worked for her.  WTF?

Also this is the second person to cancel on me recently when I was excited, nervous, planning on, looking forward to finally telling someone I'm pregnant.  So for now, no one knows except one person and some women that I only know from infertility message boards and The Bump.  So yeah, no one I know in real life has a clue about the life I'm growing inside me.

So I'm at work and trying to get my PTO back to use another day when I actually need to use it, which I'm sure will happen sometime between now and May.
  • Options
    @pirateduck well that’s really crappy. I hope your friend had a good reason. 

@yodamama wow. Those guys sound like idiots. 😐 And the first one still sounds like sexual harassment to me. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I think a lot of guys are idiots ;)  It's a miracle I've tolerated my own husband as long as I have!
  • Options
    @yodamama You should tell him to try pushing a watermelon out through his a-hole and then attempt to run drills a few weeks later.  Or invite him over to look after a newborn by himself for an entire day so he can see how much of a "break" it is.  🙄
    Oh he has kids. Two high-school aged daughters and a 9 year old son. When we were having that conversation about maternity leave, he said, "When my wife had our kids, I only got 5 days" (as compared to the 21 days of paternity leave that is authorized now), and I said, "Well, my husband gets zero, so..." That shut him up.

This guy is a real he-man woman hater. When he got orders here last summer, his wife used that as an excuse to leave him. So, the girls stayed with her to finish out high school, and he & his son moved here. I don't think I've ever heard him say one positive thing about women.

The real kicker is last October, on a Friday he was still struggling to find his stride with his new job (which I had trained him on, even though he outranks me) so I offered to help him process some paperwork so he wouldn't have to stay late and miss picking his son up from school. I worked through lunch to get this stuff done, and he saunters into my office around 1:30pm and starts making chitchat. I hate chitchat, especially at work. While doing so, he slyly dropped more paperwork in my inbox, thinking I wouldn't notice. He reeked of alcohol (not the first time) and was all giggly. I hurried him out of my office, and worked until 4:30pm on the extra stuff he gave me. When I went to his office later to drop the completed paperwork off, I didn't even get a thank-you. He was talking with two other people, so I just put the stuff back on his bookshelf and said "You're welcome" before leaving for the weekend. I was livid.

• Options
    @yodamama I remember you talking about him before! That guy is an ass (understatement). I'm not at all surprised his wife left him. 
  • Options
    ruby696 said:
    @yodamama I remember you talking about him before! That guy is an ass (understatement). I'm not at all surprised his wife left him. 
    Yep! Same guy I was griping about back in July on TTGP. The same one who claims that "not every pregnancy is high-risk; these women just want to get out of work earlier" and suggested birth control as a way to improve our business processes. He's a real piece of work. How he is still in the military is beyond me. I think he's just always been swept under the rug and passed along as someone else's problem.

• Options
    WTF OB's on the southside of ATL. You either don't take my insurance, won't let me bring my kids, or you do all your ultrasounds out of house. I finally gave in and decided I'd rather drive than have to have deal with any of the other options. At least I have an appointment now. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @yodamama Male sterilization is a very effective means of birth control.  Maybe he's onto something.  🙄
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @yodamama oh his type pisses me off. Geez. Stop promoting people just to make them someone else’s problem. 
  • Options
    @Austenista I’m on the south side of ATL. I don’t know exactly what area you’re talking about, but my OB is in Stockbridge and allows children and does in house US (as long as they’re not speciality, but the speciality US office is nearby). They don’t accept Medicaid, but they do accept pretty much everything else. I’ve had 3 different insurance companies since I’ve been with them.
  • Options
    @rox777 yep, I've got state insurance. If they're who I'm thinking of, I called them yesterday and they don't take mine. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista My cousin had a baby over the summer and she had so much trouble finding an OB and then they tried to tell her that her insurance was cancelled the day she was delivering and she was on the phone with the Medicaid office while in labor trying to sort stuff because they were really gonna send her away. 🤦🏻‍♀️ She ended up having to go to ATL and deliver in ATL too. 
  • Options
    @rox7777 that sounds like an actual nightmare. I've been using it while DH changed jobs. His new job is offering insurance in January. I'll take this experience into consideration when trying to decide if I need to go ahead and hop on whatever his employer offers. 

BabyFruit Ticker