May 2020 Moms

Bump in the night

The pregnancy insomnia thread. 

For posting after midnight. 

Re: Bump in the night

• Haha I wish I would have come on here! I was awake between 2-3am!
  • @mokay19 we had this on my last BMB and it was where a lot of random quasi real time chit chat happened. Because we were all awake at two am. 

• Loading the player...
  • Hahaha...  insomnia is my biggest symptom, but I have a rule no cell phones in the bedroom, so even though I’m awake every night I’m not sure I’ll ever be on here, my goal is to try and go back to sleep not be even more distracted and even more awake...  we’ll see how it goes the next few months
  • Anyone here? Beuller? 
    Insomnia hit me hard tonight. How can I be so exhausted to nap multiple times yesterday and can’t fall asleep tonight? I really hope the rest of you are getting your rest.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have wondered this often since getting pregnant. Why am I exhausted ALL DAY but once I get home or in bed I feel fine?
  • Saaaaaame... I was up and down all night peeing. Finally, at 4:30, my brain just said screw it and refused to go back to sleep. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Went to bed with MH at 8:30pm, fell asleep around 9:30pm, got up to pee at 11:30pm and 2:30am and have been awake ever since. I'm not a happy camper today.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• DS woke up yelling for his ducky lovey, which was buried under the blankets with him, and now I can't stop thinking about everything we have to do before baby arrives and it's giving me anxiety. 😴 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Hey, All.  I got up to use the bathroom a million times already.  Finally after laying in the bed wide awake since 3, I decided to get up and do something else.  I think I read a little bit of What to Expect When You're Expecting.  
  • Add me here, I guess I might as well get up and take a shower in peace. 😌
  • I'm up now because it's my quiet time before I have to get the kids up for school, but I was awake every hour because I have a cold and can't take the only thing that actually works for me (Mucinex). 

Side note: you can use the Nose Frida on yourself successfully. FTMs, put it on your registry stat!
  • Day #2 of being up since 2:30am. Today it was because our german shepherd/collie mix decided to pee in our bedroom (it's carpeted). He hasn't had an accident in over a year, so I don't know what's up with him, but I am not happy. I was going to go running this morning, but bailed because I'm so tired. I'm thanking my lucky stars that all I have to do today is work (no internship/seeing clients this afternoon).

• Ugh, sorry to all my fellow sleepy ladies! @thepretzelchick Do you have a Neti Pot? That was a lifesaver for me last time! 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• I just keep thinking of this when I read “bump in the night”

• @shamrocandroll I've tried and it makes things worse for me. Same with saline solutions and any other nasal sprays. My nose will run afterwards, but I just get stuffier. My asthma is allergy-induced, so when my nose reacts to sprays or the Neti Pot, my lungs think it's my allergies and it's time to stop working, and it's just a clusterfuck. 
  • @thepretzelchick While I love the Nose Frida and think it works the best. Every single time I used it, I would get sick after. I did start to change the filters way more often, more than the instructions said, and it helped a little, but I would typically still get sick. For myself, like @shamrocandroll I am team neti pot.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @thepretzelchick Boo, that sucks.  I'm sorry.  @m6agua OMG yes to the getting sick too thing when I used it on DS!  I'm thinking of getting one of the motorized kind this go around for that reason.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Oh yeah, it gets washed thoroughly and I change the filter super often. I also bought a separate one for me so the I'm not using the kids'.
  • I could never bring myself to do the Nose Frida. We’ve always just used the blue bulb. For myself, I am team neti pot all the way.
  • @m6agua and @shamrocandroll I convinced DH he was better at the nose frida than me so he always did the sucking for DD so I rarely had to do it *evil laugh* although I did catch most of her sicknesses anyway just from being so close all the time and her wiping boogers on me etc lol
  • @bananapanda Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're doomed no matter what.  A few weeks ago, DS sneezed into my open mouth.  ☣️
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I just gagged on my yogurt when I read that! 😂 It was seriously a visceral reaction to knowing you're automatically going to get sick. MH and I say, "well, I'm going to die now," whenever it happens to us. 
  • @yodamama I could probably find the answer to this question if I went to the intro thread, but I'm about to go into a session with a client. What do you do for internship/clients? 

@ruby696 I literally lol'd when I read the "Well, I'm going to die now" I have the same reaction! 

Trigger warning

me: 28 dh: 34
    married since October 2015-started trying immediately
    dx: PCOS, anovulatory
    rx: provera metformin progesterone
    *TW*
    BFP August 2016- early mc- Enoch Matthis
    1 clomid cycle (March 2017)
    BFP March 2017  ~  EDD December 13, 2017
    di/di TWINS!!!!! vanishing twin- Hannah Jordan
    DS-Nov 23, 2017- emergency induction-- Pre-eclampsia
    *End TW*
    BFP Sept.2019

• @mrswifeytoad - I am in a graduate program pursuing my master's in clinical mental health counseling. My internship site specializes in neurotherapy, so I have some clients who do neurofeedback training, and others are strictly talk therapy. It varies depending on their needs. I'd say my clientele is pretty split 50/50 between talk and neuro clients.

• Has anyone tried unisom for sleep? The insomnia is real. 
  • @yodamama that's awesome! I'm also in a graduate program working on my Master's. I elected to go the marriage and family therapy route so I can be dual licensed. I'm I terning at a private practice and my clients are split individuals, children/teens, and families/couples. 
    Where are you from? 

Trigger warning

me: 28 dh: 34
    married since October 2015-started trying immediately
    dx: PCOS, anovulatory
    rx: provera metformin progesterone
    *TW*
    BFP August 2016- early mc- Enoch Matthis
    1 clomid cycle (March 2017)
    BFP March 2017  ~  EDD December 13, 2017
    di/di TWINS!!!!! vanishing twin- Hannah Jordan
    DS-Nov 23, 2017- emergency induction-- Pre-eclampsia
    *End TW*
    BFP Sept.2019

• @michellej2020 I haven't personally but many of the ladies on my previous BMBs did and it worked well for them.

• Anyone else awake? 😑 I woke up to pee a little while ago and of course now I can’t turn off my brain. Currently thinking about how DD moves up to the next room at daycare on Tuesday (her birthday) and I need to remember to get thank-you cards for her current room teachers.
  • @soprano19 I am. My 19 month old hasn’t been sleeping well for weeks now and MH just decided that 3 am was a good time to pick a fight over it. Hope you got back to sleep. 
  • @mdfarmchick that’s really annoying of your H. I’m sorry he picked a stupid fight at a stupid time. Hope you got back to sleep as well.
  • @soprano19 I mean probably we should just not talk to each other at 3 am. No one is happy 😝 I got some sleep. 
  • @michellej2020 yes! It has made the world of a difference! I’m still tired AF all day, but I actually feel like I’m functioning a little bit now, where before I just felt like a zombie!
  • Bumping in the night NE coast...

i woke up around 1am...I am excited and terrified about my scan tomorrow. I hope I can go back to sleep.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• DH and I started sleeping separately when I was pregnant with #1. It was an arrangement that worked well for a variety of reasons. When we moved to this house a few years ago, we got separate rooms. It was perfect. He'd bunk with me when we had guests, since his room doubles as the guest room, but the separate rooms made life and our marriage so much better. 

He decided to move back in with me a few weeks ago because he missed me. Okay, fine, but I have not had a full night's sleep since. I got up almost 2 hours ago to let the dog out and do my normal "leave the bedroom door open and doze until she comes to the back door," since my room is close to it. It was working until DH got up and start puttering around to get ready for bed and being super loud. So now I'm wide awake and can hear him snoring already. He is so moving back to his room soon.
  • I can't sleep. Typically there's a whole routine and process to how DH and I go to sleep at night. We snuggle for a while and talk a little about our days and the kids or whatever. Tonight my littlest woke up right before we were going to bed, and while I was getting him settled again, DH fell asleep. Now he's in the middle of the bed snoring and I'm sitting here on the computer pouting because I can't turn my mind off. I kind of need our snuggle routine to go to sleep and he's just in the middle of the bed snoring. Boo.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Boooooooo! I keep waking up around 3am and not getting back to sleep until like 6am, then getting up for work around 7:45. I just want to sleep through the night. Tomorrow we are going to a football game and I am nervous about being exhausted all day. 😓
  • Think we need to break the paci habit with my DD, but we are moving at 1.5 weeks, so now is not the time to do it. She has started waking up every 30 min to hour starting around 2 or 3 am whining for the pacifier. I think I will at least just try shushing her and not putting it back in her hand at night to try to stop some of the madness. But it’s just the worst. Already exhausted from pregnancy and move prep and not being able to get back to sleep is the worst.