May 2020 Moms

October Symptoms

At least at the end of this month we're mostly through the first trimester!

Re: October Symptoms

• Crap, I just made one at the same time.  :lol:  I'll change mine to appointments!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll I didn't see it and thought I'd help! Hahah!
  • Loading the player...
  • @jrouge12 No worries at all!  We just happened to have the same thought at the same time.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• babyodobabyodo member
    edited October 2019
    8+5 today

Ever-present symptoms:

-heightened sense of smell
    -constipation
    -bloating
    -nausea if I wait too long to eat (so, I'm constantly eating)
    -shortness of breath
    -breast tenderness
    -moodiness (mostly irritability, but sometimes weepy)

Symptoms that come & go:
    -fatigue (mostly during the mid-afternoon)
    -insomnia
    -dizziness upon standing

Cravings:
    -carbs (potatoes in all forms, bagels, donuts, etc)
    -savory foods, such as Indian food or Chinese food
    -spicy things (I put hot sauce on my pot pie last night...)
    -ALL THE WATER
    -Raisin Bran Crunch with almond milk (the colder the better)

Aversions:
    -meats
    -garden vegetable cream cheese
    -plain potato chips (taste like dirt)
    -black coffee

No MS yet (*knock on wood*), and I just weighed myself yesterday for the first time in a month and I've only gained 1lb! I feel so much bigger than that, so I must just be burning through all the calories I'm taking it. Plus, it helps that I still feel well enough to exercise like I did before I got pregnant.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• We should all try to remember to put how far along we are. I think it helps to see where people are at for different stages.

7+5 today!

My symptoms are:
    Restless sleep most nights, shortness of breath, skin breakouts on my chin and jawline, constipation, unless I have caffeinated coffee - then I go, and bloated.

I have no vomiting, fatigue, or nausea. I do get a queasy/gaggy feeling once in a while, but that isn't even the best description on what I am feeling.

As for food:
    I don't have any specific cravings or aversions. Sometimes regular healthy food just doesn't sound good and I just want junk food/carbs like french fries or pizza.

Today I cannot tell if I am sick or just experiencing allergies because our weather went from 50, to 80 and now dropping down to 60 and raining. I had a sore/scratchy throat the last 2 days and today my nose is congested and my eyes are tired.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• So much bloat. I'm 7+5 today and I have everything minus nausea/vomiting. My skin is horrible, constipation is horrible (I'm basically pooping rocks. Awesome.), I can't drink coffee anymore and most food doesn't sound good unless it's high in carbs/fat. So that's great. My boobs are sore and I get winded if walking is involved. I feel so gross. Somehow MH thinks I'm hot though. He clearly has vision issues. 😂
  • 6+1
    -Nausea 24/7.
    -Boobs, which were already large and heavy, are unbearably large and heavy. I didn't want to buy new bras until later, but I may have to soon.
    -Zero energy. None. I lie in bed all morning after the kids go to school (thank the Lord I don't have toddlers anymore!) so I can gather the energy to go run any errands in the afternoon before pick up.
    -Sleep is a friend who has abandoned me in my hour of need.
    -Zero appetite. I've lost 5lbs this week, which isn't terrible considering I'm already fluffy and don't need to gain much.
    -I'm bloated enough that the lady at Target wouldn't let me pull the bottled water up to get scanned in my "condition"  :D
    -My sciatica is already rearing its bitchy head

• @m6agua I blame the chin pimples on my excessive drool while attempting to sleep at night!   :D
  • After a few days of much lighter symptoms, I’m back to having some nausea today. So confidence I guess? I never throw up during pregnancy, just get super gaggy, especially if I need to eat.

Aside from that, I’m exhausted by the afternoon no matter what I’m doing. Yesterday I was at home all day because it’s fall break and I was falling asleep on the couch by 2:00. I also have tender breasts... sometimes they are achy, and sometimes they feel prickly.
  • Has anyone had hot flashes? I got up this morning and felt like total crap going upstairs to get my boys out of bed. I was carrying DS2, waiting for DS1 to get things from his room, and I swear my temp raised like 5 degrees. I had to put DS1 down and ask DH to come get them so I could cool down. No nausea or anything, but a crazy hot flash and overall odd feeling. 
  • 5+5 
    I'm bloated, nauseous, sore boobs, pain in my lower/upper stomach (I think my uterus is expanding)...  it has been real fun so far. 
  • @mamaqdubu Yes, every morning when I first wake up and start moving around. Then it goes away and I'm good for the day. 
  • @mamaqdubu I wake up every night and fling off the blankets and the cat and get out of bed and turn on the fan because it's suddenly a million degrees in the bedroom

• @mamaqdubu I usually go to bed freezing and wake up sweating.  I can't win.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• All the symptoms, nausea 24/7, general discomfort/cramps, so much saliva, so much pee (I feel like this slowed down a little and now picked back up again?), all the bloat, occasionally I feel like someone is poking my butt from the inside out :p , etc etc. No breast tenderness still though! I can't wait until I can stomach morning coffee again. 
  • @rachelg777 The inside out butt poking is a new one I've never heard before.  :lol::lol::lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll :D:D  It's definitely an odd sensation. I also had it with my son so idk if it's just my anatomy. I remember mentioning it to my last OB and telling him it was like someone was occasionally poking my colon and he didn't really have an explanation for me.
  • @ruby696 yes that seems exactly like what I had. I think I got up and started moving around too quickly and it caused it. 
  • @rachelg777 omg I have had that exact experience and it’s so flipping weird! I’m relieved to know I’m not crazy or weird! 😂😂😂
  • @mdfarmchick yes, me too!!  :D  :D 
  • 8+1

I’m nauseous, needy, emotional, and tired. My nipples are sore. I cried several times singing along with the radio today and the songs weren’t even sad. All I’ve thought about all day is that I want my husband so he’s going to be overwhelmed when he gets home with my neediness. 

I’m not really having any cravings or aversions. The refrigerator smells in general and I basically suck at feeding myself right now. I usually focus on something that sounds good and nothing else does and that’s what I have. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 8+5

TMI warning:  Anyone else having crazy amounts of discharge?  It really freaks me out because sometimes I can feel it, and I 100% convince myself it's blood before I have a chance to go and check.  I'm at the point where I'm going to have to start wearing liners.  I don't remember this from my pregnancy with DS.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll mine is more than normal right now. But yes. I had it really bad by like week 12 with my second. 😐
  • @shamrocandroll I for sure have way more discharge than I typically have. I'm not at the point of liners yet though.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @shamrocandroll omg yes! The discharge is unreal and I also don’t remember it being like this before. I go thru sooooo many liners and when I wipe 🤢🤢🤢. 

9w1 So sick which I knew was going to happen. I’ve had 2 HG pregnancies so I expected the same. I’ve lost 10 pounds and I’m not overweight so it shows. And the spit is out of control, I’m walking around with a spit cup and I have to sleep with one of my daughter waterproof blankies on my pillow or I’ll wake up in a swamp.  Everything smells terrible, nothing tastes good so it’s been really hard to eat. I’m probably going to switch OBs already because when I called my doctor for a prescription, the lady told me I would have to go to urgent care to get one 🙄. That’s strike two for them. 

No bloat, boobs don’t hurt, sleep isn’t too bad, no cravings. It’s really amazing how pregnancy is so different person to person. I am low key jealous of you non nauseated ladies. 
  • @shamrocandroll yepppp. I go through at least a couple of liners a day.
  • @shanana_3 seriously? Urgent Care to get a script for nausea medicine? I’d switch OBs too. 🙄
  • @shamrocandroll
    I am on the panty liner bandwagon.  If anyone has a recommendation of one they like, I am happy to try something different.  So far these are my favorite.

https://always.com/en-us/shop-products/daily-liners/thin-liners/always-thin-dailies

I also tried some from Carefree which seemed excessively thick and tended to bunch up.
    This is not a product I ever used outside of pregnancy so I have not tried a lot of different things.
  • 9+2. Getting my energy back and worked out (youtube walking video but it’s something). Hot coffee grosses me out so I’ve been drinking iced. I’ve been really wanting soup but it’s still in the 90s here. 
  • 9+2. Getting my energy back and worked out (youtube walking video but it’s something). Hot coffee grosses me out so I’ve been drinking iced. I’ve been really wanting soup but it’s still in the 90s here. 
    I have been eating soup most days.  It’s been below freezing in the mornings and around 70 in the afternoons. Fall is short but amazing in the mountains.  Cold soups just aren’t the same when it’s hot outside!
  • @pirateduck that sounds awesome! We’re in Texas so it’s pretty much just hot most of the year. It felt like 100 today, sigh. When it gets to 70-80s I’m totally making some soup though 
  • @pirateduck I just bought some washable ones off Amazon. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @pirateduck I just bought some washable ones off Amazon. 
    Can you send me a link please?  I definitely want washable but can never find them in stores!
  • edited October 2019
    @pirateduck Sure thing! Here ya go!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DX5FYD6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kcaLDb94AMG49

ETA They just arrived today, so I can't vouch for them firsthand yet. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• 5+4 

I’m having a little of all the symptoms now:
    Motion sickness all day.
    I had to buy non-underwire bras last weekend.
    tired.
    insomnia.
    RLS.
    Cold/hot- never comfortable
    emotional.

i’m very grateful because last time I felt no symptoms and I had a MC.
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • I am so nauseated that I can hardly function. I’ve been taking half a unisom and b6 and they do help me feel less nauseated and like the constant brain fog has lifted but I’m so tired that I feel like I could sleep allllll day and allllll night. Zero food sounds good and drinks sound even worse. I’m having a really really hard time taking in any liquids so that’s not good. I’m hoping it starts to ease up by the end of next week. 7+6 and have a wedding to go to this weekend. 
  • How far along I am is still a mystery until my ultrasound in a week and a half, but I believe I’m 6+3 or so weeks. 

Ive been SO tired, I am typically a night owl and stay up until midnight or later pretty much every night but lately I have been crawling into bed around 8:30 lol! What should have been a giveaway was I am burping constantly... which also happened with my last pregnancy!! Boobs are sore, smells are driving me nuts and a bit of morning nausea. I’m craving random stuff- tomato soup, cranberry juice and flaming hot Cheetos 😂. Otherwise just a lovely mix of bloated, chin breakouts and peeing 24/7. But overall nothing too extreme which I am thankful for bc I was puking constantly with my twin pregnancy!
    IVF #1 September 2014 - Transferred one 5-day blast : BFN
    FET #1 October 2014 - Transferred two 5-day blasts: BFP!!
    << Due July 10, 2015 with our first baby! >>

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JStill0603 I am with you on nausea. I can barely eat and everything smells horrible. Weirdly enough strawberry Fanta helps settle my stomach some. 

@shamrocandroll same. So much discharge.

i am smelling EVERYTHING. I also feel like I smell BO/bad breath on everyone too. Poor DH is showering as soon as he gets home/using mouthwash. 
  • I stopped counting after I gagged and threw up the tenth time today. I am a worthless person today let alone parent. 
  • I'm 6 wks today, dating/heartbeat ultrasound Monday
    -Bloating
    -Bigger boobs that hurt, I'm going to have to get new bras this time. Anyone getting occasional lighting nipple pain?
    -uterus stretching pains
    -Peeing, all the peeing
    -My bedtime right now is 9 p.m.
    -I miss coffee so much but the smell of it makes me gag.
    -Minimal nausea, minus certain smell triggers
    -no acne yet but my skin is suddenly hypersensitive to everything.

shamrocandroll Thank you! I snagging that link also. I don't remember this much discharge with my first pregnancy.

@sbishop246 Texas mom here also. I'm so done with summer. Monday, I'm waiting for Monday's cool down.