May 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-In w/o 9/30

Re: PGAL Check-In w/o 9/30

• @m6agua Twos weren't terrible for us at all.  He has been an angel child up until about 2 weeks ago.  Honestly, part if it is probably because he stayed with my parents for about 5 days while we were in Seattle for a wedding, and he probably go away with murder there.  Plus it's lining up with his nap strike and a cold.  Ugh.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll just remember it could always be worse 😂 I’ve got a friend that has two sets of twins, 16 months apart. Once the first set were done being threenagers, the babies started. 
  • Loading the player...
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited October 2019
    @m6agua Two was so much better than three for us. DD is a total threenager. DH and I are fairly strict parents - we are not the type to let our kids run wild. DS is an angel. DD will laugh in your face when you're trying to discipline/talk to her. I'm pretty sure that she would tell me to f*ck off, if she knew the words. We don't spank, but man, there are times I wish we did. 😂

@ieles2531 You've given me a glimmer of hope! Hope we only have seven more months of this...😐

Eta: spelling
  • DD is only 16 months, at her 15 month appointment MH made a comment about her temper tantrums and our Dr told him that she sees smart girls going through the terrible twos early. Since then MH blames all things on her going through the terrible twos. She throws less tantrums with me than him so I just say it's because he doesn't understand kids yelling at her when she's having a fit isn't going to do anyone any good. He claims it's because I give into her and he doesn't. We'll see how things go as we get closer to two which will be the same week I'm due so new sibling and being 2 probably will be hell.  
  • @m6agua I’m here to agree with the other ladies. We didn’t have any terrible twos really. But he turned 3.5 and it was like a switch had been flipped. I think we are slowly easing towards the wonderful age of four that @ieles2531 refers to. 
  • You guys are scaring me, haha.  DS will be pretty much exactly 3.5 when this baby arrives.   :#
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll in that case, 3.5 was great. He can communicate so much better. He understands so much more. And he found some independence so he could decide what he needed and when. 😂😬
  • @mdfarmchick Hopefully we're just getting it out of the way 6 months early, then.  Because right now he is... something.  :lol:  I want my sweet little boy back!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll a lot of moms in BMB for him said it started earlier for them. May the odds be ever in your favor
  • You guys are scaring me, haha.  DS will be pretty much exactly 3.5 when this baby arrives.   :#
    Omg...same for me!!!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry. More progesterone questions... I am struggling with the side effects over here. I’m supposed to take 200 twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. The drowsiness is so bad and then it’s a weird hormonal headache with some dizziness too. So I’m going to ask when I do labs tomorrow if I can take them both at night. Otherwise I’m taking them after I pick up my oldest from his half day pre-K and again 9 hours later. But this sucks. I have an afternoon appointment for them Thursday and can’t decide how to handle that. 
    Does it need to be twice a day? Are there less side effects if I take them vaginally? 

Sorry. I don’t mean to be annoying about this. I just have no idea. 
  • @mdfarmchick I’m not sure about taking both at night - I know the half life of progesterone is pretty long so maybe it’s possible. But I know that taking them vaginally would have less systemic effects. 
  • @mdfarmchick I really don't know which of my symptoms are from the progesterone and which are from other things.  I suspect that once your levels come up some you will balance out and feel better.  I also have insomnia, so feeling tired is a way of life.  I think you need to take it twice a day because the goal is to maintain your progesterone level, you don't want huge peaks and troughs.  I have never taken it orally so I don't know if the side effects differ than vaginally, but I imagine since you are messing with your hormone levels you are going to feel the effects regardless.
  • @pirateduck thanks for the practical advice. ♥️ Also, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! That is a wonderful scan and wonderful news. ♥️♥️♥️
  • ieles2531ieles2531 member
    edited October 2019
    RANT:

today at pickup, another mom says to me “oh wow! You got pregnant so fast! Oops! I bet you hope this one is healthy!” and it took every single ounce of my self control not to punch her in the face. Why must people be so stupid?!?! 

ETA: it makes me really angry because when the whole NY law that allowed abortion at any time in pregnancy controversy was going down, it somehow came up at a cocktail party we were at. It was a couple of months after I lost my son (I would have sold my soul to terminate at 32 weeks and save him the 72 hours of utter hell we all lived through) and she was going on and on about how those women were murderers and how even if there was a fetal abnormality those moms should be grateful to hold their babies. All in my hearing, knowing what my situation was. So I hate her to begin with. 
  • WTF @ieles2531?! What kind of a person says something like that?? That makes me rage on your behalf.
  • @ieles2531 that makes me so angry for you. WTF? I hate people.
  • @ieles2531 I don't know how you remained calm in all of that. Good work on not punching her though she'd likely be one of those women to press charges. Hopefully you can find some passive aggressive way to make her life hell instead. 
  • @ieles2531
    It's unfortunate that the general public is not aware of all the decisions that go into terminating a pregnancy.  Late term abortions are generally not because a woman is accidentally pregnant and not in a position to raise a child.  There is generally something very very wrong medically/healthwise at that point for the mother and/or child.  I am sorry for the suffering you have been through and for the insensitivity of others. I hope you are able to find peace and joy in your existing pregnancy and we are all here to hold your hand the whole way.  

I also hope no one opens their mouth and says something totally inappropriate to me once I start sharing the news that I am pregnant.  I have been through so much the past few years with infertility and then when I finally had success it ended as a loss.  I am almost 40 and this child is very much wanted at this time in my life.  I don't think I could keep my cool if someone said the wrong thing.  I'm not good at that.
  • @ieles2531 wow. She sounds like a real biotch. I’m sorry that you had to refrain from punching her. I hope you considered making her feel awkward by saying something like, “oh well thanks. I’m not actually pregnant though.” Or, “oh I didn’t realize you were pregnant? It was an oops? because surely you wouldn’t feel like it’s appropriate to comment on me or my body since we aren’t friends and it’s none of your business?” Because really there is no good time to comment on any woman’s body. 🤬 of course I never think to say passive aggressive things in the moment because I basically get so embarrassed I can barely speak. 
  • @ieles2531 Holy sh*t! What a despicable human being. I'm so sorry! 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @ieles2531 That is such an awful thing to say. She sounds like a real piece of work! I'm sorry you've had to deal with her.

@pirateduck I'm glad your scan went well!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I am 8 weeks today!
    Now how to wait 3 whole weeks for another appointment!?!?!  I have been seeing either the OBGYN or the RE a few times a cycle for over a year now, 3 weeks seems like an awfully long stretch!
  • @ruby696 you guys are my kind of parents 🤣
  • @ieles2531 That is ridiculous they took it upon themselves to do that without your permission.  So disrespectful.  I'm so sorry.  :( 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll they did have our permission. Our DD is very outspoken and we knew she was going to tell all of her friends in PK3 that the baby died, so we had the school send the email so the parents would be prepared to answer any questions their kids had. 
  • @ieles2531 Ohhh, I misread "with our permission" as "with out permission."  Sorry... my brain doesn't always function completely.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @ieles2531 My DD is a total beast too! Lol! DS is so sensitive and lord save us if he gets hurt (like a small scrape). The world ends. DD, on the other hand, will take a hit and just gets back up and gives no f's. And by hit, I mean when they're wrestling or she falls. Not that we hit her! 
  • I had a dream, more like a nightmare, that I started bleeding  :s
    I hope I can get my head in a better place.
  • @pirateduck I had that dream a couple of nights ago. It sucked. ♥️ I hope you are able to forget about it today. 
  • @pirateduck
    Those dreams are the worst. 
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 8 weeks 6 days, May 9th, one fur baby cuddled up next to me right now:)

2. Previous loss(es)? one loss at 9 weeks 5 days earlier this year that resulted in d&c

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I am emotionally numb and trying not to think about it. I want to fast forward the clock until the end of the first trimester and learn everything is going okay. I am constantly nauseous. I wish I could throw up because I *think* it would make me feel better. I am simultaneously wanting to eat everything yet nothing sounds good. 

4. Any appointment updates? I had my first appointment on Tuesday with a new doctor. I was prepared for good news or bad news but not mixed news. He did a dating ultrasound and found another mass/form and thought it was likely a vanishing twin. It kind of makes sense because I feel like my hormones have been crazy-- perhaps my body was preparing for two. He only detected a heartbeat on the first baby and said things looked normal there. I have to go in next week for a more in depth scan to see what is going on. I guess it is better that I went in later on and never had the idea in my head of twins. I cant fathom him seeing twins and then finding out later I lose one. I am really confused and worried and my googling isn't helping. I guess this counts as a second miscarriage even though I still have one healthy one in there? I don't even know if there was ever a heartbeat so it's hard for me to wrap my mind around the idea there was another baby. I am overwhelmed with the feeling that something is going to go wrong here. When I go in for the more in depth scan it will be at 9 weeks 5 days.. which is the time I lost the last baby. :\

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I feel like I am already putting on weight. Ugh. I feel too sleep and unmotivated to do much. I started a new job recently so have been really busy and when I am not working I just want to sleep and sit on the couch with the cat.

6. Any milestones coming up? Just want to make it through the first trimester. Have another appointment at the end of the month with the doc and hoping that I will feel more comfortable if I see a good scan once I have passed that 10 week mark.
  • @doctorcrime I’m sorry for you loss. I hope you will get some assurance that next week everything is fine. 
  • My bff texted me this week that she'd miscarried. She was a couple of weeks ahead of me and has dealt with infertility for a long time. I had been holding off telling her about my pregnancy until I'd gone to the doctor. Now I just go over and over in my mind how I can possibly tell her now. I'd been thinking about doing something cute to announce on FB and I've decided that's not going to be appropriate either. I was going to ask her to do some maternity photos for me because I've never done any with my other two and now? Of course I can't ask that. I wouldn't feel right asking anyone else either because I know that would also hurt her. I'm just sad and bummed and worried that I'll mess up telling her somehow and it will damage our friendship. I'm also going over and over in my mind about losing my pregnancy myself - having another MMC - finding that out on Friday and having to drive home through traffic with my boys in the car.

So I'm just up, fretting, worrying about my littlest and how another baby is going to change our relationship. He woke up crying tonight, and I held him in bed with me for a while, enjoying his babyness and his snuggles, but eventually I took him back to bed and I feel inexplicably guilty for that even though I know I did the right, safe thing. He was fine with it and went right back to sleep. I just keep thinking about how he would have stayed with me all night if I'd let him, and a part of me wishes I had. I'm just an anxiety mess tonight. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista , I have been on the other side of the coin. I was the friend that had the MC when close to a besties’ successful pregnancy. 
    I would feel really hurt if you kept this news from me because you felt bad to tell me. I would suggest waiting some time to share since it’s so recent but if she is a close friend then you want to be honest and share your news at some point and the same way you would have shared prior to her having a loss.
    At least for me, I kept my friends pregnancy and my situation separate, it’s not like our situations are interdependent. I was so happy for her and I love my little “niece”, I was glad she shared the moments with me. 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• @Austenista  she will ultimately be happy for you and she is your friend and will support you.  Be sure to continue to offer her support through her loss.  You must tell her in due time, just remember that whatever her immediate reaction is, that it is ok, even if it’s not jumping up and down for joy.  She has months to come around and get used to this news.  It will be ok eventually.