April 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in 9/23

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss (or losses).

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY- Favorite movie (or top 3 if you can't choose)?

Re: PGAL Check-in 9/23

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 10w6d, 4/14, 6th pregnancy- I have 1 DD

2. Previous loss(es)? (3) MCs (most recent in April '19)
    DS was delivered stillborn at 22+w due to significant genetic abnormalities

Physically- I am so ready for this fatigue/exhaustion to pass. We have the busiest week ahead and I don't know how I am going to survive without naps!

Emotionally- I am doing okay. I am starting to get nervous for our scan with genetics next week. It is very unlikely that we would have another baby with the same issues as DS, but it is still so nerve-racking. I am just hoping that they can see enough to give us the all clear and we don't have to sit in limbo waiting for more ultrasounds down the road.

4. Any appointment updates? I had a whole bunch of blood work today, my NT scan with prenatal genetics is Oct. 2nd

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Is anyone planning to do something for October 15th? We have a "wave of light" gathering downtown at City Hall, so I plan to attend that again this year with my MIL.

6. Any milestones coming up? Not for a bit

7. GTKY- Favorite movie (or top 3 if you can't choose)? Braveheart
  • @mandarenee898 thinking of you today! Happy Birthday to your DD, I hope you and DH have a special day celebrating her!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 9w3d, 4/24 but it might change based on the next u/s, two DDs

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    one loss between 8 and 9 weeks

Emotionally most of the anxiety is gone now that we passed when we had our loss.   I know logically it doesn't mean something still can't go wrong, but I feel relieved regardless.  Physically still pretty crappy.  Same old, exhausted, nauseous, sore nipples, headaches.  A new fun symptom is I'm starting to feel achy and hips are bothering me.  On the bright side my aversion to all food is letting up.  I now am having some serious cravings and only have aversions to a few specific things.        

We have another u/s on Thursday and I can hardly wait!

6. Any milestones coming up?
    I think getting through this next u/s and seeing that everything is alright is a milestone

7. GTKY- Favorite movie (or top 3 if you can't choose)?
    I always have a hard time picking favorites.  I'm going to go with The Wedding Singer, Apocalypse Now, and Wall-E   

@mandarenee898 Also thinking of you

@doraleigh35 We also have a crazy week ahead and I really need this fatigue to let up!  
  • Called the doctors office and he said it looked good so try not to worry about it. Puts my new EDD at May 9. Should I stick around or move?
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 yay for good news, will you have another ultrasound? It's up to you, but I would say stay here. DD was a late-term preemie so I had an Oct '16 baby, but had been active on N'16. I didn't bother switching BMBs.

@KFrob I'm glad the aversions are lessening. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday, let us know how it goes!!
  • @doraleigh35 I'll probably have another one closer to 12 weeks unless there's any issues. He didn't seem to think there was any need.
    I'm likely to wind up having an April baby anyways, because if I develop cholestasis again then baby will have to come ~3 weeks early.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mandarenee898 you and your family are in my thoughts
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 11w3d/April 13/FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? BO at 10 weeks (stopped developing at 6weeks) in April ‘19

Emotionally I come and go. I’m getting nervous about making our official announcement on social media, since I haven’t seen baby on an US since August, but I’ve heard the heart beating away, so I know we are good. It’s just scary. But exciting! 
    Physically, my symptoms are leaving me! Hooray! Exhaustion and gas are my remaining friends, but I’ll take those over the nausea any day! 

4. Any appointment updates? I had my 10 week appt last week, baby’s heart was at 180 bpm, and my doctor said everything is perfect and to tell the world. That made me happy! She also forewarned me that my symptoms would start going away. Thankful! 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope, just getting my announcement ready! I’m announcing on social media on Sunday, then to my students on Monday! I can’t wait! It’s a nice break from my masters degree comprehensive exam work... 🙄 

6. Any milestones coming up? 12 weeks on Friday! Hello, second trimester! 

7. GTKY- Favorite movie (or top 3 if you can't choose)? Elf... there is no other I can watch all day everyday and still enjoy. 
  • I had pink spotting yesterday morning, and then was fine the rest of the day.  Just now went pee and had brown spotting.  We have an u/s tomorrow and I'm trying to not freak out.  I spotted a couple of weeks ago but it was immediately following sex, this time it's a couple of days removed.  My gut says everything is okay.  I don't have the same feeling I did with our loss, but I'm still so nervous.  
  • @KFrob fx that everything looks fine tomorrow
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @KFrob I know what you mean about the gut feeling... I knew last time I was going to lose the baby. This time I’ve been so calm and collected. FX for you that all is well, though I’m sure it is. 
  • @ejoseph16 and @mflowers929 thank you!

The app hates me and won’t let me edit 
  • mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited September 2019
    @doraleigh35 Your wait for the US must be exhausting!  Hoping that this week goes fast and you get info at your US next week.  I didn’t do anything last year for Oct 15 but I plan to this year, even if it is just lighting a candle at home for DD.

@KFrob Getting past the part where you’ve had a loss is amazing!  Logical or not, it is something that causes anxiety and I bet it feels great to be past it. Sorry to hear about the spotting but it could be anything.  I had a SCH the night before my first US and that anxiety was crippling.  From what I know (And I’m NOT in healthcare) but brown is older blood so hopefully it’s all done. Thinking of you with your US tomorrow and hope to hear great news from you!

@mflowers929 I’m planning on staying with April BMB and my doctor let me know that she will either induce / CS at 38 weeks due to our history and the twin factor.  So, babies will hopefully be here in late March for us to take home.  

@ejoseph16 how exciting planning the announcement!  That sounds way more fun than your exam work. 😀

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    11 weeks 4 days - EDD is 4/11 but Dr. said she’ll induce / CS at 38 weeks.  Consider myself a 2nd time mom but FTM in everything bringing a baby home.

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    1 DD was stillborn at full term Sept 23 2018.  

Physically - my nausea is my friend and my throwing up stomach acid in the morning is a routine I can count on.  My energy level is going up.  I don’t mind being nauseous cause it calms my nerves. Emotionally I’m doing all right.  Don’t have another OB apt until 10/24 at around 16 weeks and that wait is going to be tough!

Had my first OB apt last Thur after being discharged from RE.  Really liked her and found out more about the prenatal schedule with twins and that most likely we’ll be a CS.  

@doraleigh35 @kfrob@mflowers929 Thank you all for thinking of us.  I haven’t been on TB this week and logging in tonight to see those kind words was so nice. ❤️ @doraleigh35 I have to thank you for the idea of the book. We tend to attribute stars to our DD so we ended up reading her the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star book that was given to us at a baby shower for her. It was something that was so small but just a few minutes just for her - and it felt right.  My friends also bought us a hydrangea for the anniversary so we planted that and look forward to it blooming for many years to come.

6. Any milestones coming up? Gladly- none at this time. 

7. GTKY- Favorite movie (or top 3 if you can't choose)? Pretty much any of Adam Sandler’s comedies.  I used to fall asleep in HS every night to the Wedding Singer, Grown Ups and Blended are recent favs.
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? due 4/26- 3rd

2. Previous loss(es)? Lost my son at 6 weeks old due to serious genetic issues

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically pretty good. Emotionally ok. We got told I am a carrier of one of the conditions my son had. Luckily it was the low man on the totem pole and while it can have heart issues, the other issues are minimal. CVS the 8th and I am just hoping ALL I can that this baby does not have the condition. We think my daughter does as she already had open heart surgery at 1yo. But can't test til Nov.

4. Any appointment updates? At US/Dr apt now. As usual Dr is running 40mins behind. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Showing sooner than I expected- trying to hid a bit longer so we can tell the families before other people. Ugh.

6. Any milestones coming up? Just waiting on the cvs and results- feels like so far away

7. GTKY- Favorite movie (or top 3 if you can't choose)? Hocus Pocus, Pixar...
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 Love Hocus Pocus!  I already started to make the kids watch it by the beginning of Sept.  
  • So we had our u/s today and the doctor said everything looked perfect and not to worry about the spotting! We finally got our official due date of April 30th so looks like I’ll be repeating what I thought was week nine.  
  • @KFrob that’s excellent news! 
  • @KFrob sorry that you have to repeat week 9.  But great news that everything looks great and not to worry about the spotting.
  • Thanks @mandarenee898 and @ejoseph16!  I know it sounds crazy but a week feels like an eternity!  
  • @KFrob it is not at all crazy. It probably is one of those times where you are remembering every little detail from around the same time with the little one that is gone, and now because of the change you are going through that in your head a 2nd time!  Maybe trying to focus on the “perfect” looking u/s, the feeling like crap and all the other positives of this pregnancy may make this week go faster?
  • @mandarenee898fingers crossed focusing on the positive will help!  I'm ready to get past week 12 and the NIPT so I can breath a sigh of relief!  We have a busy few weeks ahead of us so I'm sure time will fly!  
  • @KFrob I hope time does fly! I don’t have another apt until my 16 weeks on Oct 24.  It seems so far away!  Just wanted to check in and wish everyone a good weekend! 
  • Just catching up on the posts I missed over the weekend!

@mandarenee898 I am so glad you were able to incorporate the book suggestion into your day. I've been thinking of you!

@KFrob I am so glad it was a good u/s even though you have to repeat a week!