Pregnant after IF

1st/2nd trimester check in week of Sept 30

PoeMasquePoeMasque member
edited September 2019 in Pregnant after IF

Happy Monday! As the list below gets longer please let me know if I’m missing anyone! Pregnancy brain is real ;)

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: How do you plan to dress up your bump for Halloween?

Calling!!

@PoeMasque EDD 2/8 (boy)

@emmasemm EDD 3/7 (girl)

@k_mama91 EDD 12/5 (boy)

@Tulips29 EDD 1/11 (girl)

@cigaline EDD 2/10 (boy)

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/9

@bluguitarhannah EDD 3/10

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@akak23 EDD 3/27 (boy)

@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 4/4 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@laurajon2015 EDD 3/25

@jolo1241 EDD 2/2 (girl)

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 1st/2nd trimester check in week of Sept 30

• Happy Monday all! 

• How far along/EDD? 25+2...1/11
    • How are you feeling this week? Sleep deprived, tired, and overall I feel like a complainer each week lol. I wish I had more energy to come here say I'm so peppy. I haven't had that 2nd tri boost of energy for more than a week or two it seems. And with 3rd tri right around the corner, I will turn into a completely exhausted slug soon. Ah, the joys! lol
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Thought I'd start with a rave to not be so negative over here. I want to rave about DH for a second. He handles our son like a champ, especially the tantrums, while I barely have the energy or any patience left. DS has been waking up frequently at night all of a sudden and DH will frequently take over or come in to replace me so I can get some sleep. He also does bath time so I don't have to kneel on the floor washing the kiddo. Sometimes I am hard on him for stupid little things, but then I look at these moments and remind myself that he's a great husband and dad. Rant - well, heartburn is back and so is the 2 day headache. This darn thing won't leave me alone since saturday and I've taken all the Tylenol I can stomach. Probably doesn't help that we've had crazy weather patterns here and I'm sleep-deprived too. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? None for a while...but I do have to go for my glucose test next week so have to get that set up. 
    • GTKY: since How do you plan to dress up your bump for Halloween? I generally don't like Halloween and dressing up in costumes, so I'll probably only dress up our son that day. But to work, I may get a cute maternity Halloween tshirt and just call it a day. We have an office Halloween party on the 30th, but I won't be in that day, so not sure how much effort I want to put into this on the 31st actually. 

***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• How far along/EDD? 30w4d Dec 5
    • How are you feeling this week? Tired. So tired 😴 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? My rave is this weather. Where is fall?! It’s still in the 90s!
    • Any upcoming appointments? The 11th for 32 week check in and last ultrasound 
    • GTKY: since How do you plan to dress up your bump for Halloween? I might grab a Halloween maternity shirt with a pumpkin or something. I don’t think I’ll be able to last the duration of trick or treat at 36 weeks pregnant so I don’t know if I’ll even get a themed shirt or just rock sweats. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Tulips29 yay for DH stepping up! Since our argument about his computer time my DH has also been doing better and it really makes a huge difference when I’m tired and have a headache. I’m sorry to hear your headache and heartburn are back. :(

@k_mama91 eep! Last ultrasound! You are in the home stretch yay!!
    • How far along/EDD? 21+2, Feb 8
    • How are you feeling this week? I’m with everyone else, soooooo tired. And so over finding random beard hairs! WTH!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave - I started my new job today and I’m actually sad I will be going on leave right as I’m getting rolling. My new team is great and it’s going to be super fun to work with patients again. Rant - I’ve been trying SO hard to drink 64oz of water and the best I can do is 32oz. It’s like a form of torture! I feel so waterlogged all day. It’s also not really helping with the fatigue and headaches like I thought it would either.  
    • Any upcoming appointments? Nothing till mid October, but that’s my glucose test, ugh. 
    • GTKY: How do you plan to dress up your bump for Halloween? I’m a pretty big fan of halloween, but I’m with everyone else and just don’t have the energy for anything this year. Not sure we will even do anything with DS (he starts bedtime at 6:30, so it’s hard to really do much in the evenings anyway). 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ok so I’m sensing our theme of the week is “tired”!

@Tulips29 so great your DH is stepping up in those areas. You’re still allowed to be mad at him for other things though;-)

@k_mama91 omg - you’re getting sooooo close! Last scan coming up is crazy to think about!

@PoeMasque it’s so good you like your new job - but I totally understand thinking about missing work and the team. I’ve developed my team over the last few years and will be sad to hand them over to someone else whilst I’m away. 

How far along/EDD? 17+3 March 7th How are you feeling this week? The pressure in my stomach is ever increasing. Feels like an alien might be about to explode from there. I’ve also started getting evening cramps, every evening around the same time - OB said could be my uterus stretching or very early Braxton Hicks (not yet please!). I feel great all day - but super tired from around 7pm each evening and struggle to get moving in the morning (though that’s nothing new TBH!). I’m quite relaxed this week as we had our scan last week and I started feeling some more movements in the evenings too after DH talks to her. Oh and I just want carbs now. All the carbs. Fruit is still good - but protein is tricky. I can cook meat, but swallowing it is “interesting” without gagging. Hopefully this will change again next week.Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave - we had a great birthday party on Saturday night. Lots of friends, good company, good food etc. And we had a fab US last week with baby girl measuring a few days ahead still, looking perfect, moving around like an Olympic swimmer. Rant - still have complete placenta previa. It hasn’t moved even a fraction. Has just got even thicker over my cervix. Scan next week and then anatomy scan the week after. If it’s still not moving then plan will be for C section which I’m ok with (as long as we are both healthy any way is ok for me). Bigger issue is they are worried about early Labour, rupturing of membranes or placental abruption... my OB reviewed my scans with our equivalent of an MFM and they will decide week by week if the risk of complications from bed rest outweigh the potential benefits. So I could end up on long term bed rest. Not only that but in hospital- as they would want me able to be in theatre within minutes in case of a hemorrhage... I explained all this to DH after our guests left on Sunday and he is suitably freaked out. Any upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday is my next USGTKY: How do you plan to dress up your bump for Halloween? Halloween is not really a big thing over here unless you are a student and go to a fancy dress costume. Last year I put a big bucket of sweets out, lanterns to attract kids, decorated our whole porch with pumpkins etc and only two sets of kids came :-( As we don’t have a LO yet we don’t go round trick or treating ourselves - and I’m definitely not up to joining the student parties this year lol! 31st is a public holiday here this year too, so won’t be in the office. I am still tempted to by a cheap shirt from amazon just to wear around the house that day as I’ll likely never be pregnant on Halloween again... but let’s see!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @Tulips29 I feel you on struggling to be positive some weeks - most weeks for me lol - so kudos for finding something :) 

@k_mama91 wow I am soooo excited for you! Enjoy your last few weeks! 

@PoeMasque How exciting about the job, such a blessing! Did they know you were pregnant when you started? If so that’s amazing they still realized how great you would be for their team. 

@emmasemm if you end up on bedrest let me know! I was for the past few weeks and I can share all the random stuff I did to pass the time and not get too depressed. :)

How far along/EDD? 14+4 March 27th 

How are you feeling this week? So grateful and relieved. I FINALLY had a good appointment with positive bloodwork results. Last week I was potentially going to have to have emergency surgery to take my thyroid out bc my medicine was harming my liver. This week my liver and my thyroid are getting better and my doctor thinks they will continue on this direction. Fingers crossed! 

Rants/Raves? Questions?  When did you start showing with your first pregnancy? 

Any upcoming appointments? Next US is Oct. 14th.

GTKY: How do you plan to dress up your bump for Halloween? I will probably take the same route as @emmasemm and Order an Amazon shirt lol! We still haven’t officially announced our pregnancy bc of all my complications, but I’m feeling more ok with people knowing now. I want to enjoy this pregnancy and not keep it a secret anymore. 
  • @k_mama91 wow, last ultrasound so soon! We're also having a high 80's day tomorrow and I'm so over it...bring on the fall weather already! 

@PoeMasque that's great that your DH also stepped up after your talk. I'm sure that's helped so much. And yay for a great start of your new job. I'm sure you can pick right back where you left off after your leave is over!

@emmasemm I had the same experiences last time that you have regarding food and placenta previa. With food, I couldn't look at meat the entire pregnancy and would feel sick just from the smell of meat. I wanted all the fruits and carbs though! Weirdly enough my son now doesn't like meat either, so I have to hide it in his food to get him to eat it. With this pregnancy, I want all the burgers! Hopefully it means this girl won't be as picky about meat as her brother :smile:. And regarding placenta previa, I had that with my son. The scheduled me for a c-section at 37.5 weeks because my doc was afraid of early labor too and wouldn't let me go past 37.5 weeks. I was also on moderate bedrest my last month of pregnancy. It will all work out and doctors know best, so your DH doesn't have to freak out about this. The nice thing about a scheduled c-sec is that you know exactly when it's happening, can get yourself ready and just head to the hospital like a regular doc's appointment without all the mayhem. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @akak23 congrats on a good appointment and for things to be getting better! With my first pregnancy, I had a little bump at 13 weeks, but could hide it. I told my boss at 16 weeks because I felt like I couldn't hide it longer. This time around I could barely hide it at 13 weeks. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• I’m always amazed how many people have already started posting by Tues morning; I came from a more smaller board, and so it’s still hard sometimes to keep up with everyone, but it’s great to have such a big community of women to talk to about pregnancy highs and lows! 

@Tulips29 - great news about your husband stepping up and being such a great dad! Totally feel you with the headaches. I’ll get one that lasts for days and I try to just sleep it off, but eventually cave and take some Tylenol. The weird thing is that I’ve always dealt with headaches and migraines, but for whatever reason I’m getting more annoyed with them now. Plus they just wipe me out more now. Hope you’re able to find some relief from them soon and if you have any helpful tips I would love to hear them! 

@k_mama91 - man, I’m envious of your weather. We’ve been having pretty wet, cold weather lately and have only had a spattering of actual nice fall days. All the best for a last official scan - it must be crazy how quick that’s come up! 

@PoeMasque - great to hear that the new job is going so well so far! It sounds like you’ll get a good handle on it and a nice relationship with your colleagues before heading off on leave. 

@emmasemm - sorry to hear that the placenta previa hasn’t gotten any better. It sounds like you’re in good hands with your doctor, but I’m sure this isn’t what you were hoping for and thinking would happen. Will be thinking of you as you near your next scan and hope you continue to enjoy all the little nice things that come with pregnancy - like feeling your LO move!! 

@akak23 - hope your thyroid and liver continue to behave themselves and you don’t have any further issues with them! I wasn’t really showing at 14 weeks (maybe a little), but at 15 weeks depending on what clothes I was wearing you could definitely tell I had something there. I’m at 17 weeks and I still don’t look too too pregnant sometimes depending on what I’m wearing, but other times I definitely look pregnant. I’m looking forward to when it looks more like a bump at all times. This is my first pregnancy. 
    • How far along/EDD? 17w1d  3/9
    • How are you feeling this week? I’ve been good overall, besides periods of headaches, tiredness, and what seems to be round ligament pain. I went six days in a row without dry heaving (this morning I broke my streak - blah), but I’m still taking that as a victory since I couldn’t get past 4 days in a row without heaving in the morning since 6 weeks. I honestly have just gotten kind of used to it, but hoping it will go away completely at some point. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rant - DH and I went for a nice breakfast at this little country tea house on Saturday to celebrate us finally being pregnant. There’s a gift shop there so we bought a couple of baby things and walked around the beautiful property since it was so nice outside. Just a lovely way to spend the morning. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? I have my annual physical on Thursday with my family doctor. This is the first time I’ll have seen her since becoming pregnant, so it’ll be nice to finally have good news for her (she’s known we’ve been trying for years). 
    • GTKY: How do you plan to dress up your bump for Halloween? Since I don’t always have the most noticeable bump, I’m not planning on doing anything. I’m planning on just wearing comfy clothes and handing out the candy while DH sits downstairs with our dog who doesn’t really like people ringing the door bell lol. I’m really looking forward to next year with being able to dress up our LO though! 
  • @sincethelastday unfortunately I don't have any magical headache cures. I don't often get migraines, but when not pregnant, Excedrine does the trick for my headaches. But can't take it now, only Tylenol, which sometimes take a while to kick in. My pregnant friend swears by a combo of Tylenol + a cup of coffee. I'm a tea drinker, but it doesn't work for me. Next time I'm trying the coffee trick. And aside from your heaving (sorry you're still experiencing it!)...it sounds like you had a lovely weekend and it's great you were able to celebrate your pregnancy :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @sincethelastday We haven’t had any rain here since August! Normally I wouldn’t complain but everything is so dry and I know we’d cool off a bit if we could get a few showers. 

@akak23 So happy your thyroid and liver issues are working themselves out. It’s refreshing to finally get good news after having a streak of bad.

@Tulips29 I can echo what you said exactly about your husband. I seem to find flaws more than his strengths but if it weren’t for him I probably would’ve ran away a few times by now 😂 

@emmasemm Same thing happened to my mom last year. They don’t get a ton of kids trick or treating and they got 2 kids last year! We’re so rural that we dont have trick or treat at our house but I love decorating our house.

@PoeMasque I’m in the same boat with the water. I even struggle drinking other fluids. I’m just not thirsty. 
  • @emmasemm I’m having trouble with meat too! If it’s in something like a casserole, it’s fine, but if it’s like a hunk of meat I just can’t. Ground meat has been easier for me. I’m also trying to at least have some veggie protein sources - key word trying.
  • @akak23 I’m glad to hear things are getting better and I hope your doctor is right and you’ll be even better soon.
  • @Tulips29 I haven’t told work yet and I’m almost at 15w. I gained weight with IF so I feel like it’s a bit easier to hid it, but I feel like it’s getting obvious now. I’m not sure if I’ll wait for my 16w US or tell them sooner.
    • How far along/EDD? 14w6d
    • How are you feeling this week? Tired! I haven’t been sleeping well (getting used to side sleeping), and DH’s snoring makes it so hard to go back to sleep. I’m hoping I adjust soon so I can have a solid nights sleep.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I’m feeling pretty good most days, but I’m still having bad nausea days every once in a while. Hopefully they become even less frequent. Also - my stomach & abs have been feeling tighter the past few days.
    • Any upcoming appointments? 16w appointment in 10 days
    • GTKY: How do you plan to dress up your bump for Halloween? I haven’t really figured it out. DH and I are getting excited with Halloween decorations. We don’t have LOs yet, but we get a good number of trick or treaters now that we’re out of the City and in the ‘burbs.
  • @Tulips29 Excedrin basically just adds caffeine to a pain-killers (usually paracetomol and/or aspirin but it can vary in the US). So having a little caffeine with a side of tylenol gets pretty close to it and is great for headaches. 

I suffer from migraines and one trick I've also learned is to put a cold pack to the back of your neck or on your forehead. I usually alternate 15 min per location for relief. Some people find the cold pack to the neck more effective so try that if you've not having luck with your forehead. I usually just grab a frozen bag of peas or even a cold canned drink to use as my cold pack :smile:

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• I second the ice pack trick for headaches/migraines. I’m a sufferer myself and Tylenol is basically sugar pills for me so I don’t even bother. A friend of mine recently recommended the headache hat (can be found on amazon) which is basically a head wrap that you put in the freezer but applies compression which she says is really helpful so I’d like to try that.

• How far along/EDD? 13+3, 4/4/20
    • How are you feeling this week? like many of you I’m just so tired. The nausea is gone now, but the exhaustion is just as bad as ever despite getting plenty of sleep. I feel so bad for my toddler because I still don’t have the energy I’d like to give her. She’s my buddy though and I do feel like she understands that I need to rest sometimes. We do lots of cuddling these days!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Really I just want the weather to cool off so that I can hide my changing body a bit longer from my clients. It’s still SO hot here and it’s getting harder to hide. But I really don’t feel like telling them for another month if I can swing it!
    • Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow morning is my regular monthly OB visit. I had my NT scan and first trimester screening last week and all results came back normal!
    • GTKY: How do you plan to dress up your bump for Halloween? I love Halloween but I just don’t think I have the energy to even think about it! Our daughter picked out a Belle costume at the Disney store though so at least she’s taken care of. I’d like to wear something cute though.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @mbradfo2 why haven't I thought of that regarding excedrine?! I will definitely try the coffee + tylenol trick next time and the ice pack to the neck. I've done a cold wet towel on the forehead but it never works for me. Maybe neck will be better. 

@wifeinraleigh28 wow, a headache hat. They really do make everything these days, huh. Interesting concept though! If you end up trying it, let us know if it works. Congrats on a normal NT scan! I've stopped feeling bad about the lack of energy and I tell myself that I make it up to my son in other ways. So like you, we cuddle plenty, I have dinner with him since DH comes home later, I snuggle with him and read him bedtime stories and I play with him as much as I can without being too active (which usually involves play doh or something that doesn't require me crawling on the floor). And we're always out and about on the weekends, so I tell myself not to feel guilty about having no energy for much else after work on weekdays. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @mbradfo2 and @wifeinraleigh28 - thanks for the headache tricks! Yeah, Tylenol is pretty much sugar pills to me too, so trying to do stuff like massaging my temples or just caffeine, but combining caffeine and Tylenol hopefully will provide some relief. 

Just curiously wondering, does anyone else feel sort of icky/mildly queasy on an empty stomach? I was pretty much needing a full-ish stomach at all times when I was in the first trimester in order to not feel even more nauseous than I already was. But I’m still sometimes feeling a bit icky on an empty stomach. I’m just wondering if anyone else experiences this and if they have any tips besides just eating all the time?
  • @Tulips29 Very good points. We make it up to them by showering them with love and cuddles. We read and sing together a lot and I play as much as I can. I'm glad she's in preschool 5 days a week which is so helpful and gives me time to relax in the mornings until I need to either go get her or go into work.

@sincethelastday Sipping some kind of beverage has always helped me throughout the day if I can't or don't want to just keep eating. My go to right now is lemonade or a tea lemonade.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 yes, preschool is great too! And they get to socialize with other kids there. That's actually another thing I love...A comes home pooped sometimes because he has so much fun at preschool and they do so many activities. So having a more relaxing evening works too! :smile:

@sincethelastday I don't feel queasy per-se, but I feel light headed a lot when I have an empty stomach or when I don't drink enough. Another reason I always have a water bottle with me and some sort of snacks. 

Question - anyone suffer from pregnancy congestion? I get so stuffy at night and tonight was barely able to sleep for more than an hour at a time (this added on top of having to pee every hour is just awesome!) 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 I have the pregnancy congestion too! I’ve had it almost the whole time, although it’s not terrible, just like I have allergies. 
  • Research has suggested the neck ice pack might be more effective because you can apply it to the carotid artery in the neck which greatly reduces inflammation in the head.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @akak23 good to hear your liver was ok this week! I’ve actually done very long periods of bed rest before, but not more than 2 weeks actually in hospital at a time. At home it would be ok but in hospital would be really not funny for months on end!

@tulips29 it’s so weird with the meat - until around 10 weeks all I wanted was steak and bacon! Now no meat is possible! Let’s see - hoping my cravings switch again! 
    And with the placenta previa - did you have complete too? I have friends who had partial and their care was similar to yours. I’m just trying to figure out if they are super conservative here or if mine is really bad for some reason. I’m interested to hear the report anatomy scan as they’ve ordered the full blood flow check through placenta and chord too. Looking at one of my scan pics from last week, I think the chord is coming out of the placenta also very close to my cervix, so that might be the reason for extra caution. Let’s see. In the meantime I’m just strictly sticking to the pelvic rest - and well sitting with my feet up as much as possible, with 15 minutes gentle walking/ movement every 1.5 hours to keep blood flowing...

@sincethelastday sorry the dry heaving returned! But sounds like you had a fab time out for breakfast 
    And yes, my nausea is extra strong again the last few weeks whenever I don’t eat regularly enough. I go to work with a snack prepared for every hour in between meals and I’m on 4 meals a day - mostly because I realized I can’t finish work and get home in time before I feel really sick. So I eat 7am 12noon 5pm 8pm at the moment!

@LauraJon2015 lol at trying! I’m trying to disguise protein any way I can - but my body will not be fooled! 

@wifeinraleigh28 great news on the test results - and I also don’t find my tiredness corresponding with how much rest I got or not. Totally independent!

@tulips29 I’m constantly blowing my nose - really noticed those mucous membranes are overactive. And that’s before cold/flu season starts... So far it’s not waking me up though. Interested to hear any tips you get!

@mbradfo2 that makes complete sense with the carotid!!! Great tip! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @akak23 I thought it was allergies at first too, but I never get allergies in the fall so I thought it was odd. But now it's just full on congestion, especially at night. I read flonase is safe for pregnancy, so I'll confirm with my doc next time that I can use it when congestion gets really bad. 

@emmasemm I had complete placenta previa. Weirdly enough, when I showed up for my c-section, they told me it moved a bit and almost sent me home because I was only 37.5 weeks. I was already hooked up to the IV too, but then my OB came and said it didn't move far enough to wait. I also had 2 bleeding scares as a result of this, but they were in the 1st and 2nd trimester and didn't know how common bleeding scares were with previa. I think doctors try to be overly cautious to avoid any issues, so moderate bedrest is the way to go. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @wifeinraleigh28, @Tulips29, @emmasemm - thanks for the tips with how to deal with an empty stomach. I know I’m not drinking enough, so am going to try to get into that habit. I had a bowl of cereal at 8:00pm yesterday and that helped somewhat for the rest of the evening. 
  • @Tulips29 I’ve had congestion the entire pregnancy. It’s weird, I didn’t have this last time. I also got my flu vaccine last week and not sure if it was that or ds (he’s had a cold) but I’ve had a horrible cold this week. That on top of my normal congestion plus baby crowding my lungs hasn’t left me miserable 😖