Weekly Randoms 9/30 - 10/6

What's on your mind?
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/30 - 10/6

• @noxacanthus I will have to try it again when I have some time
  • Loading the player...
  • Hallelujah the app is letting me log in again!
  • @noxacanthus
    YAY!! I actually missed seeing my daily baby sized because I had uninstalled. App is still a little slow, but at least I can get into the community again! 
  • Do any of you watch This is Us? What did you think of this season’s first episode? I just got caught up today.
  • I do @TennisLove30 ! I loved the first episode! Really excited to see how all the new story lines play out!
  • +1 on voracious appetite. Also +1 on the This is Us bandwagon, but I haven't seen last week's episode yet because I have been so busy. 
  • Add me to the endless appetite. I’m starving but nothing really sounds good which is annoying so I’m basically eating g tons of random things all day long
  • @ibabyloveb87 gowns are life in those first few months! Both of my girls hardly wore anything else for at least the first 30 days.

+1 to eating everything. I was told I need to eat more and drink more for my low BP/dizzy spells. It’s like that was all I needed to hear to become a garbage person.
  • @TennisLove30, I saw it and am curious how it will be this season. 
  • @brookert615 you are the cutest :smiley:

@ibabyloveb87 @TennisLove30 I  already have all the clothes from DD1 but was buying some uggs at Nordstrom yesterday and was like maybe I will get the baby one special outfit and came across this...

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/fendi-logo-dress-baby/5266162?origin=category-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home%2FKids%2FBaby%2FBaby%20Girl%20Clothing&fashionsize=7%3A3m~~3&color=pink

NOPE!! WHO BUYS THIS????
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @ibabyloveb87 You're on the ball for this birthday party! It sounds like a good time :).

@leksiL WHAT. That is insane... What's even more insane is that people actually buy that stuff 😲
    TW
  • @leksiL People are weird. 😂
  • @leksiL oh come on, it’s ONLY $413! ;)
  • ibabyloveb87ibabyloveb87 member
    edited October 2019
    @leksiL people be crazy. That’s outrageous and I spend money on my kids’ clothes hahaha 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @leksiL and here I’ve been rolling my eyes for years at my MIL for buying my girls Ralph Lauren clothes. Little did I know that that wasn’t that bad.
  • @mandk1233 what kind did you get? 
    Married Jan 2008 

• @mandk1233 that link doesn't work but pocket diapers are awesome. I ordered a bunch of different types to see what worked for us and our baby. My favorite was best bottom covers but some people hate those. 
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL Weird. It works for me.  Isn't it so interesting how even people's experience with particular cloth diapers can be so different? 
  • So... I’ve been thinking about cloth diapering because this will be my third baby and I’d like to save all of the money that I can, but I’d also not like to make things any harder on myself. My SIL said the only cloth diapers she liked were fitted Green Mountain... but you have to buy different sizes, covers, different kinds of covers for nighttime use, inserts etc. It just seems like A LOT. A lot of money upfront for something that may not work out and you obviously can’t return, and also just a lot of work. Any tips? Or should I just abandon ship?

• Almost all of my cloth diapers are pockets. They adjust in size. I have so many different brands: Bum Genius, Alva, Kawaii, Grovia, etc...
  • @doodleoodle I LOVE green mountain cloth diaper prefolds with a cover. We only bought 2 sizes- small for when DS was a newborn and medium. When he was little I would use the snappi to wrap him and pin the prefold, but when he got older I just trifolded mediums and never ended up buying larger sizes. I did about half pockets and half prefolds with covers. Prefolds are less/easier laundry but a harder diaper change. Pockets are an easier diaper change but more/ a little extra work with laundry (you have to take inserts in and out).
  • @craftywitch so with pockets you take the inserts out and can wash the waterproof covers separately?
  • @doodleoodle With pockets you have to take off the cover and wash it as well as the insert after every change because the insert is in a pocket between the wicking layer and the waterproof outside, but yes you take the inserts out to wash and then have to stuff them back in to use. Hang on I have a handy dandy chart somewhere...

So anything 1 step has to be fully washed each diaper change, but anything 2 step the absorbent part is washed each change, but the outside cover can be reused until is smells/ poop gets on it.
  • @lanie1000 That's crazy! Thanks for the heads up! 
    TW