May 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-In w/o 9/30

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss (or losses)

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: PGAL Check-In w/o 9/30

• m6aguam6agua member
    edited September 2019
    Ok, I guess I'm going to jump in here since every week that goes by it is clear that my first pregnancy is still giving me anxiety in this one.

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 7+4/May 14/Hopefully this will be my second live birth

2. Previous loss(es)? Blighted Ovum/MMC at 11 weeks with my first pregnancy in 2015. I found out about it at 10 weeks and the sac only measured 6 weeks.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm feeling great physically which gives me so much anxiety!

4. Any appointment updates? Ultrasound on October 11. Once I get there I am hoping to feel better.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

6. Any milestones coming up? So last week I realized that this pregnancy and my loss pregnancy are so similar which is giving me so much more anxiety. With my first pregnancy I was due May 30 (i'm due May 14 this time), it was my first and I thought I had symptoms, but looking back after my second, I really didn't have many symptoms. That one I started spotting on October 31 at 10 weeks, got an u/s that confirmed BO, and miscarried November 8 at 11 weeks. This current pregnancy I am just 2 weeks sooner on everything and I don't have a ton of symptoms, particularly no nausea or fatigue really, so I am just so nervous! I have an ultrasound at 9 weeks, so I am just dreading that it will be the same as the ultrasound at 10 weeks with my loss.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua I'm so sorry you're feeling so much anxiety.  PGAL brain is a biotch!  Is there any chance they'd move your appointment up to ease some of your anxiety?

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom?  8+4/May 7/DS will be 3 in Nov.

2. Previous loss(es)?  MMC in Nov '18, early loss in Feb '19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?  Emotionally I've calmed down a little bit, but still overanalyzing everything and generally anxious.  Physically I'm exhausted, but the nausea seems to have died down a little bit.  Not sure how that makes me feel.  Both anxious and relieved at the same time, I guess?  I still have superhuman smell and can't handle most meats.

4. Any appointment updates?  My appointment with the genetic councilor is on Wednesday.  Apparently I have to choose between an NT scan and NIPT, and can't do both even if I'm paying for NIPT out of pocket, which I don't understand.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  Other than the NT vs. NIPT debacle, not really.

6. Any milestones coming up?  Found out about my MMC at 9+6 and miscarried at 10w.  I think (hope) I'll feel a lot better after we pass that.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Loading the player...
  • @shamrocandroll That was literally the soonest I could get with my OB. The PA put in the order to schedule it for this week or next and that was what I could get. Well I could get next Tuesday, but we won't be back in town at the time they had available. I think it is better, because we are going to an indoor waterpark this weekend with friends and if I found out bad news this week it would not be a good mini vacation.

I also don't understand why you cannot do both if you are paying OOP for the one test. It is probably just the doctors office blocking it.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua I hope the mini vaca helps time fly!  Yeah, I am confused as well.  But I really do love my OB and this is pretty much the only option around here unless I want to drive over an hour for a lower-rated hospital.  So I'm not sure how worth it the fight would be over this...
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    7 + 2 / 16 May / Two boys at home

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    1 MC June 2017 prior to DS2 / 2 chemicals 2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 
    I’m okay I guess. Waiting on the progesterone results from the OB and trying to not google. Mornings are really hard for me—I feel super nauseous and if I move too fast, I get so sick. I felt really good on Saturday and then was worried that something was wrong. 

4. Any appointment updates? 
    Next appointment is in a month at the end of October. We will be doing NIPT then so I need to call and get our OOP costs. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    We just hit this weird stage of pregnancy where I am super sensitive about what is touching my belly. I hate all my pants. Even the maternity ones. 

Not now.

• @m6agua I am counting down with you until the 11th. I’m sorry PGAL Brain is bugging you so much. That mini vacation sounds perfect 

@shamrocandroll ughhh. Well I’m sorry. I hope everything goes great with the NT so you don’t need to do both since they won’t let you. I agree that it’s a dumb rule. 
  • @m6agua I hardly had any symptoms with DS or DD, so it's very possible that everything is fine. I know it's hard to be hopeful because you're afraid you'll be let down. Sending hugs. ❤

@shamrocandroll That's crazy that they won't let you do both. They test for different things! Do you know which way you're leaning?

@mdfarmchick Fx your progesterone results are good. Will you get a call today?

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 7+4/May 14/DS is (almost) 5 and DD is 3.

2. Previous loss(es)? 3 MMC's and 3 CP's.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm feeling decent for both. I don't have much nausea (although drinking the PSL I just bought is surprisingly difficult), but I still have all the other things. And I feel good that both babies had HB's and were measuring on track, even though the same happened with my first loss.

4. Any appointment updates? Next US is October 11th. We're going to Disneyland next week, so that appointment will be here before I know it. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I have so much work to do before I go on this trip, but I'm so tired! This week is going to be brutal.

6. Any milestones coming up?  My first loss was at 8+0, which will be this Thursday. So assuming all is well this week, I'll have passed all my milestones on Friday.
  • @m6agua Hugs to you, I'm sorry for all the anxiety and similarities. This waiting game and 1st tri period are so awful. 

@shamrocandroll I think that is pretty bogus they won't allow NT when you are paying OOP for NIPT.... I also don't understand! I'm glad you are feeling a little better emotionally.

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 7+4/ 5/14/ 1 DS

2. Previous loss(es)? At 11 weeks prior to DS- genetic abnormality (triploidy)

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally I'll probably be a wreck come Thursday but I'm trying not to think about it too much right now.  Physically I still feel awful, nauseous 24/7. 

4. Any appointment updates? US/1st prenatal this Friday 10/4

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? We had a good weekend between a combination of just relaxing and actually getting a few things done around the house. 

6. Any milestones coming up? 1st US Friday which will help ease a little anxiety hopefully
  • @ruby696 I think I'll probably go with NT if I'm forced.  From what I understand, it screens for more than the NIPT tests for.  They will do NIPT if I come back as elevated risk on the NT.  I also plan to ask a lot of very pointed, direct questions at my genetic counseling meeting on Wednesday.  I don't really understand how they can refuse a test if I'm paying for it out of pocket.  So I guess we'll see!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @mdfarmchick FX for good progesterone results!! Also, SAME with the pants. I'm pretty much wearing loose dresses to work only.  :D 

@ruby696 I hope you can get all the things you need to done so you can relax and enjoy Disney to the fullest!

• Good luck on Friday @rachelg777! The countdown to an early US is almost worse than the US. I hope yours is perfect.

@shamrocandroll That's probably what I would do too. And who knows, maybe your doctor is just being lame (he/she is) and the genetic counselor will tell you that you can pay OOP.
  • @ruby696 @shamrocandroll thank you! My doula is a CNM midwife now so she suggested some natural progesterone too, even if it just gives me piece of mind. I’m hoping they will call today but 48 working hours would be tomorrow. 

@ruby696 I know it will be a busy week but you will have so much fun at Disneyland! 
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 7+5 due May 13, FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? CP a few years ago, blighted ovum MC July 2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Pregnancy is creeping up on me, I don't feel bad, generally, but there are lots of little things that add up and really all I feel like doing is laying on the couch and reading (this is not normal for me)  Emotionally I'm beginning to accept that it's real, but not enough that I've told anyone.

4. Any appointment updates? 8 week ultrasound TOMORROW!  I'm sooo excited and terrified.  

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? health insurance is a bitch, I can't focus at work, I'm ready for winter

6. Any milestones coming up? last time I had 6.5 week ultrasound and they said the pregnancy probably wasn't viable, then another ultrasound a week later to confirm that there was no more growth, at that point I was left waiting to see what my body did and feeling the worst I've ever felt in my life, so now tomorrow is my second ultrasound and I just need it to confirm that everything is still good this time around and still growing so I can breathe again, I know it's a new pregnancy, but this is both exciting and terrifying at the same time.  I just want to see the little heartbeat.  I'm also nervous because there was a small bleed or blood clot or some fluid or something on the first ultrasound and I just want confirmation that it's not getting worse and is still nothing to worry about.
  • @mdfarmchick you still don't have your labs back?  I feel like your test was forever ago already

also as I sit at my desk in my office, my pants are unbuttoned... I *may* button them if I go out and walk around and will see others, but as long as I sit here, my secret is safe

we were watching TV the other night and a character on the show is pregnant and to be nice this guy was bringing her stretchy pants because he knew that's all she would want soon and my husband looked at me and asked if that was true and I just stretched out my waistband and pulled my stretchy pants up over my bloated belly and laughed...  also generally I am opposed to the idea of leggings as pants and don't feel people should go out and do things other than work out in work out clothes, but totally broke my own rules and wore spandex out shopping the other day.
  • @pirateduck @ruby696 @shamrocandroll she just called me with my results during drop off. They are calling in a prescription because it was still low. I need to go back on Wednesday and do labs again to see if it’s rising. I don’t know why I am ridiculously terrified right now that I’m losing the baby even though everything else seems to be fine and I know a ton of people who take progesterone and everything is fine. 
  • @mdfarmchick I'm sorry your results weren't better. I'm currently taking progesterone and everything is fine. So you should be okay. Will they do an US to give you peace of mind?
  • @pirateduck I am sad to admit that leggings are life for this post pregnant/pregnant body. So forgiving. So comfortable. 
  • @ruby696 I may ask when they call me with the results from Wednesdays pull. He will do at least a handheld one at my next appointment but that’s not until 28 October so a long month. 
  • @mdfarmchick I'm so sorry about the results, but I'm glad they have you on a plan now!  I hope it's smooth sailing from here!

@rachelg777 Those are the best kinds of weekends!  FX the week flies by for you and your scan on Friday is perfect!  <3 

@pirateduck GL at your scan tomorrow! 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @mdfarmchick I would push for one, if you want one. I mean, it was kind of crappy that they let you go all weekend while waiting for results when you could have had a prescription on Friday. They could have ordered the results same day or just given you a week's worth of suppositories to get you to this week. The least they can do is do an US. 
  • @mdfarmchick I'm sorry your results are still low. I hope the RX helps!

@ruby696 I hope you have a great vacation at Disney! We are going on our mini vacation Saturday-Tuesday. It looks like we are ultrasound buddies on the 11th!

@rachelg777 I'm sure Friday will be here before you know it, FX for a good scan.

@pirateduck FX for a good ultrasound tomorrow!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @mdfarmchick you are on the right track with the supplemental progesterone.  Yours will go up when they retest, they just like to retest again and again to make sure they don't need to adjust the dose!  I think I have my third progesterone test this week for this pregnancy
  • @ruby696 thanks. I know that he takes my anxiety pretty seriously and does a lot to try to help mitigate that so I’ll probably ask her if there’s anything we can do in the next few weeks to assure me that things are still progressing and baby is good. Maybe they can code in a dating ultrasound or something. I dunno. My insurance does not like to cover any extra things 🙄 But I mean we would pay OOP for an ultrasound just to know everything is okay. 

@rachelg777 I hope the week flies by! I can’t wait to hear how your ultrasound goes. 
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 5+5, 5/27, 1 DD at home

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 before DD MMC Blighted ovum at 11 weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm starting to feel this is real as I'm starting to feel sick and don't want to eat anything. The fact that I'm starting to feel sick is making me emotionally feel like this will be ok even though for my MMC I felt sick too. 

4. Any appointment updates? I will likely call tonight now that I'm feeling pregnant. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone have any easy go to meals that don't include meat but aren't carb heavy that can be made with ingredients that aren't hard to find because living in rural america means I can't get most produce ever. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Not really

@pirateduck I didn't embrace the leggings as pants things until I was pregnant last time. I have two pairs and every weekend that's all I wore. I also wore them for most of my pp period until they got too loose and baggy and started falling down. I'm looking forward to busting them out again especially because our new principal has been wearing them so I feel it's okay that I wear them too. (In our student handbook they are banned unless worn with "business like" attire? not sure what that means and the faculty handbook says we need to dress better than the students)

@rachelg777 GL at your ultrasound I hope everything goes smoothly. 

@mdfarmchick there are places that can do an elective ultrasound oop (usually cheaper than the hospital) I looked into that during my first pregnancy because I thought something wasn't right, but our insurance doesn't cover us outside of New England (we spend the summer in NY) except for the ER. When it finally came down to it we went to the ER where we were told very poorly that I was going to miscarry because of a blighted ovum. I wish I would have gone in before as the sac stopped growing around 7 weeks and I was 11 weeks along. 
  • @jhysmath I am rich in eggs and they are easy to cook.  I make a lot of quiches.  We also do things like egg burritos with any veggies/fixings you want inside.  

I will do leggings at the office if it's with a dress instead of tights (it might be a shirt dress or sweater dress in winter with boots).  That's about the only time I feel like it's ok at work, though others make attempts otherwise I feel it's questionable whether they are ever really appropriate in an office.  Also in your own home, anything goes.  I don't care if you wear a bathrobe all day because it's cozy ;) 
  • @pirateduck
    I've been making broccoli quiche with ham sometimes this summer. Do you have any other flavor combos that are good? I tried quiche for the first time 5 years ago but don't make it often because MH doesn't eat eggs unless we're out to breakfast (he's the pickiest man child ever). 

• My favorite is cheddar tomato bacon (or fake bacon).
    Mozzarella tomato basil is good.
    any cheese plus avocado plus bacon/facon
    I like to add in any fresh herbs I have, cilantro, basil, chives, etc.
  • or burritos, eggs, cheese, potatoes, black beans, salsa, sour cream...  now I'm almost hungry.
  • @pirateduck some how bacon is a meat that I can continue to do and sadly I found out how many carbs are in burritos last time around. It was news to me that black beans are high in carbs and tortillas for what little there is are as well. 
  • Oh my! Lots of activities, I need to catch up on this whole thread.

@m6agua, please don't think about the similarities between any pregnancies, every pregnancy and every baby is soooo different, don't try to create any correlations. Enjoy your mini vacay!

@shamrocandroll, the NT scan + blood screen are very good, also if you opt for the NIPT (POO) it should cover anything the NT scan and blood screen test provide but combined into one test. I think they are both very advanced tests and a marvel of modern medicine! I can't imagine what they will have in 5-10 years!

@mdfarmchick, Sorry to hear your progesterone is still low, but that is an easy fix once you start taking it. 

@pirateduck, EEEK excited for your US tomorrow! GL!

@rachelg777, U/S Twinsies! I am also having a dating U/S this Friday, both excited and terrified...

Also loving the leggins discussion! You do you GIRL!

@jhysmath, we are holding the cabooze in this PGAL thread, both still inching towards the 6w mark :smile:

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 5w6d/May 26th/1 DD-34 months

2. Previous loss(es)? 2 MMC @ 9 weeks prior to DD and one CP Dec 2018

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I am a wreck right now, my almost 3 year old does not listen (esp. when she refuses to take her nap). I feel defeated that I can't get through to her and ended up balling in bed, I am sure it's the hormones, but I don't feel good about myself now. Also, nausea comes and goes, my boobs did not hurt too much today, so cue in PGAL brain....not my best day.

4. Any appointment updates? U/S Friday morning (like @rachelg777 ) My betas last week at 5W were great-6000 (4W 269, I think). So all looking good so far...I am pregnant today.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  I feel lonely, I don't want to share this with anyone, but I want someone to talk to. My DH is wonderful but it's hard to talk about this with him.

6. Any milestones coming up? None really, for both my losses I saw the HB and made it to the anatomy scan/10W appt where we discovered the MMC measuring around 9W. So I won't feel calm until I am done with the first trimester. 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @queenklau being pregnant with a 3 year old is literally the WORST. I got pregnant last time 2 months after DD turned 3 and couldn’t drink wine at all while she was a threenager. You’re still a good mom, it’s just the hormones, and 3 year olds are terrorists. 
  • @queenklau ugh. I’m sorry. Three and a half was the hardest stage we’ve hit so far. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m hoping that your scan goes well Friday. 
  • Thanks ladies @ieles2531 and @mdfarmchick
    makes me feel better I am not alone  :|
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• @queenklau Oh my gosh I'm right there with you. My almost-3 year old has suddenly decided to wage psychological warfare on us, and my patience is so thin. He has always been such a sweet boy and now I'm losing my mind. And no wine after the really hard days. 😭 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @queenklau and @shamrocandroll Count me in on this. My 3.5 year old is a terror. She has so much attitude. I'm afraid of her teenage years. What happened to my sweet baby girl?!
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 8w1d/May 11/ mom to 2 boys 

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 chem before DS1 & 1MMC Feb ‘19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Pretty gross and needy. I’m just nauseous, tired, and weepy...and I want my husband all the time which is annoying even to me. We are living temporarily with my IL’s and they just make life miserable which is definitely contributing to me just wanted my husband here. It’s so hard to parent kids when there’s a peanut gallery.  

4. Any appointment updates? Still haven’t made one. I know I need to, but the painful memories from Feb MMC plus the idea of dragging my kids there with me to a new practice is just a stressful thought I’m avoiding. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Super happy to still be pregnant and to be feeling like hot garbage. I know that’s a good thing. 

6. Any milestones coming up? With my MMC baby had stopped growing by now, I didn’t actively miscarry until 10wks but I knew around 7 that it was over. This pregnancy feels more like my last successful one and that’s giving me comfort that this one may have a more positive outcome. I’m still scared though. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 9+2/May 3rd/1 DS

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC April 19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Nausea is still there but less intense but last night I had pizza and it was heartburn all night and it's still hanging around this morning. Overall, I'm feeling very pregnant so that makes me happy.

4. Any appointment updates? NT scan in two weeks. They also want to do NIPT but there lab they use is out of network so I have to figure out if there's another lab or call for the out of pocket costs. I hate phone calls.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? DS had off school yesterday and today and I feel like we should be doing something but I just don't have the energy or fortitude to do much of anything :(

• @mdfarmchick @shamrocandroll @ruby696 take heart ladies. Once my DD turned 4, she turned into a human being! Seriously, 4 is miraculous. It was almost enough to make me want to be one and done. 
  • @ieles2531 Cool, only 13 months and 10 days of hell left to go.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• I guess I'm in a different boat. DD will be 3 in November and she is great. Don't get me wrong, she has her days and there are times I just want to scream, but overall I wouldn't say it was "Terrible Two's". I guess we will see how 3 goes.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019