CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: Group 1 (May 1-8) Check-In: w/o 9/30

• EDD: 5/8

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: 10/21

How are you feeling? Last week was pretty rough. DD was sick with a cold and nausea  definitely kicked my ass.  Holding food down has been difficult. She’s better now and I’m hoping to have a better week. 

Raves/Rants: DD finally slept all night last night!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. I love the colors, lights, and the spirit of giving.  My birthday is also two days before. 
  • EDD: May 4th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: PINK! Found out this weekend 

Baby is the size of a(n): Hershey kiss

Upcoming appointments: monthly now, second apt is oct 22

How are you feeling? Not great but better than the last two weeks 

Raves/Rants: in laws are exhausting, but my parents and them were in town this past weekend to tell the news! It was so nice seeing them and being able to tell them in person!

Questions: nope!

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday? I love Halloween! My birthday is super close to it so I always have enjoyed dressing up and giving candy to kids. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @newmomtx06 Ugh, that sucks.  I hope this week is better!

@zaslawlz Whaaat?  Already?  That's crazy early!  My OB won't test before 10 weeks!  Congratulations!

EDD:  May 7

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Maybe finding out, maybe green.  Still TBD.

Baby is the size of a(n):  Cherry?  I dunno, I deleted TB app because it was broken.

Upcoming appointments:  Wednesday with the genetic councilor

How are you feeling?  Okay.  Still anxious, and physically decent, which makes me anxious.

Raves/Rants:  Aside form my NT/NIPT dilemma, things are going okay so can't complain too much.

Questions: None that I can think of right now.

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday?  I think Thanksgiving.  Although this year I think we're inviting my ILs up for Thanksgiving for "fairness" since mine will likely be up for Christmas, so that will probably change real quick.   :# 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    BFP!  8/24/19

• EDD: May 8th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: 10/11

How are you feeling? Like death 💀 

Raves/Rants: This is the sickest I’ve ever felt with a pregnancy. Ugh! I can’t wait until I get passed the first trimester. 🤮

Questions: Not yet! 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday? Christmas...the one time a year I know I will get to see all my nieces and nephews in one location. ❤️
  • EDD: 5/7/2020

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out.

Baby is the size of a(n): Wild strawberry

Upcoming appointments: Oct. 10th - first ultrasound

How are you feeling? I'm okay. Some days (like today) are better than others. 

Raves/Rants: Rant - Last week I was working in another office across the way from where I normally work. They were short-staffed and had a deadline they needed to meet by Friday, and since I had experience doing their work, they pulled me to help out. Every time I inquired about what I needed to do, I was met with, "Oh, nothing, I got this." Um, okay. So, I found some menial filing stuff to do, and processed maybe 4 claims throughout the week. What a waste of my time. Not only that, but *someone* (I'm not sure who) said that I didn't get in until after 7am, which is a complete fabrication because my work day is 0630-1430 (and sometimes to 1500 or beyond if I want to finish things up). So, I don't know which meddling POS made that up about me, but it makes me really uneasy about working with that team again, and pisses me off because I am a really credible person who holds myself to a higher standard than that. I hate that clock-watching crap. It would have been different if they were actually relying on me and I had a job to do, but like I said, I was just sitting there twiddling my thumbs because they had too much pride in relinquishing control or whatever. Ugh. Damn military life. 

Questions: Nada

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday? While I love the sparkly joyousness of Christmas, as someone who hates being cold and is a pagan I have to say Halloween (Samhain). Fall is my season, and I love handing out candy and seeing all the kiddos in their costumes. I always give the big kids (over 12 yrs old) full size bars. I'd much rather encourage them to be out trick or treating than causing trouble in our neighborhood. I've come to be known as the neighborhood witch who plays haunted house sounds and drinks wine (not this year) and hands out full size candy bars lol.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @shamrocandroll mine won’t either so we paid for the Sneak Peek third party where I had to take my own blood. It was the first time both my SO and I have cried since finding out we are pregnant

@yodamama yay for Halloween- coming soon! Do you know what you’re being this year?
  • @zaslawlz - actually, for the first time in years I have no idea! I think I'm waiting to see if I have a baby bump by then so I can dress accordingly, lol.

• @zaslawlz Oh, interesting.  I hope it turns out to be accurate for you.  I looked into it, but saw mixed reviews on how accurate it was.  When do you get it confirmed with your OB?
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @zaslawlz congrats! That’s exciting!!

@yodamama sorry they wasted your time. Sounds like they were so overwhelmed that they couldn’t even figure out what they needed.
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• EDD: 5/2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out ASAP!

Baby is the size of a(n): sushi roll

Upcoming appointments: not until next week to discuss whatever testing we want to have done.

How are you feeling? Great! So good that my PGAL brain is spinning.

Raves/Rants: just found out one of my employees has chicken pox and I was with her all day Friday. I’ve had them and shingles so FX they were not contagious. She also had them in the past and the vaccine so she was shocked when she got diagnosed.

Questions: none today!

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday? I’m with @shamrocandroll with Thanksgiving. Even though my family frustrates me... I like the no pressure of gifts or having to be anywhere else. We started hosting a few years ago and different people come every year but it’s always relaxed.
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @shamrocandroll seems like if she’s a girl she’s a girl, and if it says he’s a boy it may have been contaminated if you weren’t careful. Confirmation in a month or two if we decide to do genetic testing but we’re unsure if we are going to. 
  • EDD: May 7th! 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Haven't found out yet but hopefully will soon :) 

Baby is the size of a(n): peanut today 

Upcoming appointments: next appointment is Wednesday and I'm kind of nervous. Hubby is gone for awhile underway cause of the navy so this will be my first appointment alone.

How are you feeling? Sick and tired alllll the time but slowly getting better ! 

Raves/Rants: this app has been driving me bonkers! I haven't posted in forever because it literally wasnt letting me log in then it wasnt allowing me to join the group and finally was able to get my stuff back. So here I am finally be able to see the group again. Is anyone else having issues? Also I've had the worst cough recently and have discovered theres like no OTC cough medicines you can take so ugh 

Questions: none so far

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday? Christmas for sure! I'm a huge Christmas fanatic and love to go all out decorating for it! Hubs will finally be home this year so I'm so excited :) 
  • EDD: May 5 / 9 Weeks 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: MAYBE finding out at the anatomy scan, still not 100% sure. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry. 

Upcoming appointments: Oct 25 for monthly check up. 

How are you feeling?: Slowly starting to feel a little more human. OB says my thyroid is low functioning again (happened last pregnancy) which may explain my extreme exhaustion. Between thyroid meds and new meds for my nausea, I finally feel functional. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday? Usually Halloween, but with this unbearable heat, I’m going to say probably Christmas this year. I just like to decorate. 🤣
  • @minab700 I deleted the app completely and I just log in with my phone browser instead now.  I wasn't able to do or see anything from the app for a while, so I gave up.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green! Not finding out unless we’re having twins.

Baby is the size of a(n): postage stamp

Upcoming appointments: Sometime 3 weeks from now will be our first appointment (when baby is 12 weeks).

How are you feeling? Hungry about every hour. That’s what I get for breastfeeding an 8 month old and growing another baby. So blessed!

Raves/Rants: Our families are coming over to help re-shingle the garage...and I’m not allowed to help. Humph. This same thing happened last year when we...they...were roofing the house. Poor planning I guess...or brilliant planning. 😉 Anyway, somebody’s got to keep everyone fed right? Lots of cooking for me this weekend!

Questions: Why to ducks have tail feathers?...
    ...to cover up their butt quack!😂

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!!!! Jesus and lights and songs and decorations and giving gifts and cookies! 😊
  • EDD:  May 5th (9weeks 2days) 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: for sure finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): twins are the size of a cherry

Upcoming appointments: oct 11th, oct 22nd 

How are you feeling?  Great but cramping and TIRED 

Raves/Rants:  over the moon excited right now about all of it 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday?  Looking forward to thanksgiving and family time 
  • EDD: 5/2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Upcoming appointments: 10 week next week 10/9 and then 12 week 10/24 not sure why I have both, but I have so many questions I don’t mind going next week. 

How are you feeling? Eh. Some days I’m nauseous all day. Some days I’m nauseous at 3:30pm and sometimes it’s 7pm. Looking forward to trimester 2!

Raves/Rants: Less of a rant and more of a paranoia. I’m so worried about eating something wrong it’s driving me slightly insane - not that I’m very hungry right now - but the list makes me so nervous. Like all I want is a bacon, egg, and cheese but I’m trying to avoid the deli these days.

Questions: So many where to start... Will you all be getting the flu shot? I’m a teacher so I feel like I’m around germs all the time I even got the flu last year with the shot so I’m debating. 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday? It used to be Christmas, but as an adult it’s a lot less fun. I don’t love splitting holidays since I’ve been married and my in-laws are out of state so it makes it more challenging. I do love decorating for Christmas though and holiday cookies are lovely!
  • @babyfoxden10 - I'm in the military so I'm required to get the flu shot every year, so yes, I'll be getting it this year. I haven't had the flu in as long as I can remember, so I'm thankful for that. And I know people say it's psychosomatic, but I always am knocked out for at least an afternoon after I get the flu shot, so I try to get it as late in the day as possible on a Friday so I can just go home and sleep until the next day.

• EDD: May 6th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  will be finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n):  pop can tabs 

Upcoming appointments:  Tuesday - going over bloodwork 

How are you feeling?  Mostly fine and somewhat normal. Super smell  sometimes makes my stomach roll, sometimes feel exhausted, never really feeling like I want to eat even though I don’t really have nausea. I’ve had my third migraine  since our IVF transfer 

Raves/Rants: I barely feel pregnant I don’t have many of the typical symptoms. I go off my IVF meds at 10 weeks.

Questions:  we registered with a bunch of midwife practises and are waiting to hear back. In the meantime, we are going to be clinic where our family doctor is, but not seeing him. The doctor we saw was terrible.  She never once congratulated us, never asked how I was feeling, and kept pushing medication for nausea which I definitely don’t have. She also mentioned after my blood work results she would put us in to see an OB/GYN which, she said, could take up to week 24.  I live in Canada, so things might be different, but that seems really late to me. When did you get your OB/GYN? 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday?  Christmas. It takes over the entire city I had a completely different feel to it than any other time of the year. 
  •  I’m a teacher to and I’ve never had the flu shot. I do have a sink in my room and I wash my hands after every class, and I helps a ton. I’m also considering the flu shot, but everyone I talk to who gets the shot always says that they feel super sick or get the flu anyways. I understand in theory how it works, and If my doctor recommends it, I will probably get it.
  • @babyfoxden10 hey due date twin!! I will be getting the flu shot because I have germy kids and no time to be down.
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @spiderlover25 yay May 2nd! I was leaning towards the shot but I got the flu last year even with the shot so that was kind of my hesitation, but I heard it could be worse without the shot. So much to think about!
    I’m definitely looking forward to trimester 2 coming up! I’m looking forward to telling people and feeling a bit better!
  • drkoyyadrkoyya member
    edited October 2019
    EDD: 9 weeks, 5 days. May 4th (I’m new to the group. I’ve been hanging out in April 2020 birth club because my original EDD was April 22nd. Doctor confirmed that I ovulated late and my actual due date is May 4th)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry / water bottle cap

Upcoming appointments: Appt with the midwife on Oct 15th

How are you feeling? I’m current sick with a cold, so I have been feeling miserable. Otherwise BLOATED, exhausted, with mild morning sickness.

Raves/Rants: Why is it so long between appointments?! I get that there’s not much they can see but I’m a FTM that can use some extra reassurance. Most days, I don’t feel pregnant and I’m constantly reminding myself that the pregnancy is going great.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving, followed by Halloween, then Christmas. So excited for the holidays! 🦃🎃🎄
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @zaslawlz How did you find out the gender so early? I’m dying to find out! 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Thanks for sharing your rant! I couldn’t agree more! Sometimes I don’t feel pregnant as well!?! Counting the days between appointments.. 
  • @drkoyya see above reply 
  • EDD: 10 weeks/ 0 days today—5/3/2020  <3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Still deciding if we want to find out at this weeks appointment..

Baby size: Strawberry 

Upcoming appts: Chromosome testing 10/9, second ultrasound 10/24

How am I feeling: insomnia & exhaustion :s I wake up like clockwork every night around 3am and can’t get back to sleep for minutes upon hours. Not to mention going to the bathroom multiple times a night. I’m so exhausted but I hear second trimester my energy will improve. Hoping so!!  o:)

Raves/Rants: I’ve become moody regarding social functions or events. I just have no desire to go or be sociable right now. So many things in my life changed when I became pregnant so still just making the adjustments mentally. Bring a FTM, my baby is already teaching me sacrifice and selflessness  <3

Questions: I have headaches often.. anyone else experiencing this? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday: Thanksgiving!! It’s the one holiday my entire family gets together and duplicate my late grandmothers golden recipes and spend quality, invaluable time together  <3

• @clewis527_27 I had headaches with DD1 and DD2 but not yet this time. The only thing that helped was Tylenol but I tried to use it sparingly. 

@drkoyya I’m also having a hard time believing I’m pregnant this time because I’ve had none of the symptoms that I’ve had with other pregnancies. Hoping to get reassurance at an appt this week!
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker