April 2020 Moms

Weekly Questions 9/29

Re: Weekly Questions 9/29

• I feel like my stomach is flatter than ever! I looked more pregnant at 8 and 9 weeks than I do now at almost 12. I have been suffering from serious nauseous, vomiting and dehydration so I am hoping that is the cause of my flat stomach. 
    Has anyone else gone through this? I have an appointment on Thursday for my first trimester ultrasound
  • Since the RNP was recalled, anyone have a swing they have loved? I'm looking at the Graco Dreamglider. I like that it can go flat with baby in it.

Otherwise, is anyone else's App being a butt? It won't let me login, or change password, or do anything. Even support has been useless.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @katiemcoulter5271 That happened with my first when the bloating went down. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @smallbutmighty77 yes, I'm having the same app issues. 
    As far as swings, we liked this one. DS still climbs in it somedays. 🤣
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PTL15D6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IHHKDbWM79WDF
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited September 2019
    @smallbutmighty77 I have the same exact one as @mercury94 and we also love it!

edit typo
  • @katiemcoulter5271 I feel like I had more of a bump previously then this past week! (13 weeks today) When I do have a bump it’s mostly just bloat I’m sure! 
  • Does anybody have any tips, experiences with a road trip? I'll be 14 weeks by this weekend and my whole family is driving from NJ to Ohio to visit my brother for the weekend. We're in no rush so we can make plenty of stops but my in-laws (not coming) are alarmists and freaked my husband out about me being in a car for 8 hours (broken up over about 10-12 hours). Trying to talk him down off the ledge. He wants me to go see my OBGYN about it!!!!!  :|
  • @katiemcoulter5271 Same situation here. I'm 12 weeks today and feel like I'm showing less than I was a few weeks ago. I also had my worst bout of nausea this weekend and I'm sure I've lost a little bit of weight. I'm feeling a million times better today, which I'm glad about but is also making me nervous (stupid pregnancy anxiety). I have my next ultrasound on Monday, so I'm looking forward to the reassurance.

@liligirl87 I think you'll be fine. Stop often for breaks to stretch your legs and pee and make sure you have plenty of snacks. This is the kind of thing that I might mention to my OB if I were seeing her anyway, but would definitely not schedule an appointment about. Can you e-mail? My office has a message center you can e-mail with non-urgent questions, and if it would make your husband feel better, you could send a note asking for travel tips. But no, I don't think it's something to freak out about.
  • @liligirl87 I took a pretty long road trip at 36 weeks last time as we were running from a hurricane. It was a 4 hour drive with very few stops due to the late hour. I was okay. Just make sure to stop and stretch when you need to. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @liligirl87 my doctor said any long road trips after the first trimester just to ensure I get out every hour or two and walk for 5 min and ensure I’m getting the right amount of fluids to stay hydrated. They told me that cause my family all live 4+ hours away and we’ll end up taking some trips during the pregnancy with the holidays coming up. 
  • Thanks ladies! I really appreciate the sanity check & helpful tips. Everyone in the car knows I'm pregnant so I shouldn't have any trouble getting them to stop as needed.
  • It’s never pleasant getting sick, but I’m really not a fan of being sick while pregnant. I already was exhausted and didn’t have an appetite. Now that I’ve caught a cold it’s so much worse. It also doesn’t help that coughing is triggering my gag reflex.

Any suggestions on battling a cold in the first trimester? 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya it’s actually the worst! I’ve been dealing with a cold and am finally feeling better after 5 days. There’s not a lot you can do, unfortunately. I used a Neti Pot, tried to get lots of vitamin C, used “safe” cough drops and relied on the Medicine Ball (or Honey citrus Mint) tea from Starbucks. Hope you feel better soon!
  • @drkoyya That sounds awful!  I hope you're starting to feel better.  I feel like I might have something coming on and I'm dreading it.