How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your current occupation? 

Re: Group 3 (May 17 - May 24) Weekly Check-in 9/30

• EDD:  5/23 (6+2)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Green

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments:  my US that was supposed to be today got pushed to tomorrow afternoon. 

How are you feeling?  Nausea. Suuuuper nervous. 

Raves/Rants:  PP with my DD, my lower back would do this thing where it would kind of lock up and make it hard to move or walk. As I worked on fixing my diastasis recti and improving the gap, the pain went away. Now, it’s already come back in this pregnancy. It also doesn’t help that we were packing and moving all weekend!

Questions:  nope!

I’m a tool design engineer at a foundry
  • EDD:  5/23 (6+2)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Green

Upcoming appointments:  Intake appointment on Thursday. really hoping to schedule my first US in the next week or so

How are you feeling?  nausea started a little over the weekend. mostly tired. 

Raves/Rants:  my SIL, BIL, and nephew went apple picking with us yesterday, and then came back to the house and spent EIGHT HOURS in my living room. like come on... just go home! They don't know i'm pregnant yet so they probably thought I was just being offish and whiny, but like, take the hint and go. DH was no help. 

Questions:  nope!

GTKY: What’s your current occupation? I'm a business development & applications engineer for metal 3D printing. 

Also @mokay19, we had like 1/2 of the same answers lol! I don't have DR, but I have a cystocele and it causes back pain too. I started exercising my core and it was super helpful (but also, I never make it a priority to exercise). 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD: May 18, 2020

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): the red pill from the Matrix, a honey bee, a playing die.

Upcoming appointments: nothing until 10/14

How are you feeling? like garbage. weaning off a medication for Bean's sake and allergies galore!

Raves/Rants: I'm all about salsa right now. I can't rave enough about salsa.

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your current occupation? I'm a deputy assessor.
  • @mamaqdubu I had thought that you accidentally copied mine instead of the main one until I got to the appointment line 😂

What metal do you print?
  • @mokay19 titaniums, steels, inconels, aluminums, cobalt-chromes.... so basically, a lot :) A lot for aerospace, but some for industrial, oil & gas, and medical industries too. 
  • @mamaqdubu my old job out by Seattle was aerospace and they just bought a 3D printer for inconel. I was talking to an old coworker there and he was trying to figure out how to start an inconel casting business and I was like first of all, you need loads of money haha. 
    Do you guys have to do hot isostatic pressing after 3D printing the metal still? Or does it make the part without porosity with that process? Idk if that’d even be possible to guarantee without HIP for those applications though haha
  • EDD: 5/18

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: First US in 2-weeks! Can't wait!

How are you feeling? So tired. Luckily I have a three day weekend. I've been getting 10+ hours of sleep and still feel dysfunctional by 11am. The nausea and food aversions are strong. I ate tater tots at 9 this morning because I was hungry and that was the only thing that didn't sound repulsive. DD shared and wasn't complaining though!

Raves/Rants: DD and I had a nice walk this morning looking for fall things. It's nice to be home with her on a quiet weekday. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your current occupation?  Teacher. 

@TattoosandLace I'm getting over a cold. Definitely felt like garbage over the weekend. Hope your allergies ease up soon at least!

@mamaqdubu 8 hours! Uhg. I'm sorry! Pregnant or not that would annoy me.

@mokay19 Sorry the pain is already coming back. I feel like I'm going to need more supportive things this pregnancy. My back hasn't been the same since DD.
  • @mokay19 yeah, the good printers are all $1-$2M, and that's without any of the EH&S/facility stuff! Quite the investment. We usually get around 99.9X% out of the printer, and then 99.99X% after HIP. We HIP most everything though (for aerospace) because it's a huge risk reducer for not that much cost. We see a lot of customers trying to replace castings w/ AM, and they are sadly disappointed when they realize it doesn't make cost sense most of the time. There's a spot for it in manufacturing for sure, but it's still pretty expensive. 
  • EDD: 5/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Upcoming appointments: oct 21...the waiting is killing me! 

How are you feeling? I'm actually feeling great (which is causing all the anxiety) I'm not as exhausted as I was the last 2 weeks..I still haven't have any nausea (but I also never had any with DS). I guess the only thing I'm dealing with is constipation and bloating..seriously..all the bloating! 

Raves/Rants: My family drinks a lot together..and we hang out a lot together.. and they are definitely starting to notice the absence of a beer in my hand. I think my mom has her suspicions already and part of me just wants to tell everyone, but MH really wants to wait until after the first appointment. 

I teach high school English - AP Lang and American Lit (all juniors) 
  • EDD: 5/24/20 (6+1)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Upcoming appointments: First u/s tomorrow morning (I'm with an RE until I'm released to my OB) 

How are you feeling? Very very nervous. A little bit of pregnancy imposter syndrome, if that makes sense. It doesn't feel real yet, despite the fact that I feel like garbage.

Raves/Rants: Nausea has come on strong since Sunday. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your current occupation? I'm a conservator, I work with artifacts.
  • @TattoosandLace I feel you on the salsa! We ran out yesterday and I immediately went to Kroger to get more. Unacceptable.
  • @louessbee the pregnancy imposter syndrome is so real when you’re pregnant after infertility! You basically feel like you don’t belong!
    I felt that way for awhile with my DD. I’m not even exactly sure when I allowed myself to accept finally being pregnant!
  • @chewie5990 I so related to your post! The wait for my 1st apt is KILLING ME! I’m anxious because I’m not feeling that sick! AND I teach Honors 9th and 10th ELA, my BFFs and planning partners are the AP Lit and Lang teachers at my school❤️

EDD: May 20th

Team: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): ladybug

Upcoming appointments: 10/9 will FINALLY be my first scan

How are you feeling? Sore boobs, some vomiting but it’ll happen for 2 days then be gone for days, tired, nervous, but mostly good:) 

Raves/Rants: Happy I haven’t been too sick but it makes nervous too! I am so IMPATIENT! Just want all these checkpoints and confirmations that everything is ok in this first trimester. Also just so dang impatient about the gender! We’re thinking of doing a Sneak Peek blood test at 9 weeks and then US at 14 weeks.

Questions: Anyone know about the Sneak Peek blood tests? You can do them at home or in person, I’m going to go in person. I’d rather do a blood test to learn gender with my doctor but I won’t. 

GTKY: I teach freshmen and sophomore honors English
  • @mamaqdubu @mokay19 No idea what you’re taking about but all the girl power to you for rocking those male-dominated fields!
    @louessbee Your job sounds like it is fascinating! I envision you as the person people bring their art to when Antiques Roadshow tells them to have something restored.
    @chewie5990 I feel you on the not drinking around a drinking family. DH and I went on a cruise with half his family 3 days after my BFP and the absence of wine in my hand did not go unnoticed, but thankfully his aunts didn’t make any comments. 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Coffee bean

Upcoming appointments: First appt 10/10. I don’t know if they do an ultrasound at the appointment or what. I hope so!!

How are you feeling? Vomited for the first time today and my back is killing

Raves/Rants: Rave: I had the foresight to bring a plastic bag on my commute. Rant: I had to use said bag while driving because the vomit come out of nowhere and there was no place to pull over

Questions: Do different Dr offices do medical appointments and ultrasounds differently? I see people talking about US and Gyn appts separately but my Gyn office didn’t specify what was going to happen at my appt next week. I know I could call, but ya know time...

GTKY: What’s your current occupation? I’m a registered nurse, hospice case manager. 
  • EDD: 5/23

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea / Chocolate Chip

Upcoming appointments: my ultrasound isn't until 10/11 which is killing me!

How are you feeling?: Mostly tired and the nausea has kicked up significantly the last couple days. It's been hard to force myself to eat some vegetables.

Raves/Rants: We told me in-laws this weekend, and my MIL proceeded to tell me all about her miscarriages/ectopic pregnancy. Who thinks this is a good idea to tell to a first time pregnant women who just wanted to hear a simple congratulations?!?!

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your current occupation? I work as a traveling IT consultant implementing SAP (I know that no on will know what this is and that's ok)
  • @aneggnamedalex SAP like the ERP system? If so that seems like a HARD job trying to customize or teach people how to use it! 
  • @mamaqdubu Yes! So it's both. They're usually long projects (some a couple years) starting from gathering requirements to configure the system for them all the way to training for the end user to use the system. Probably won't continue with this specific job after baby since I travel M-Th every week.
  • @sunshinesea22 That's pretty much it! But I work for a museum, so I don't do a lot of private work.

As for US vs OB/GYN appointments, I've been told what to expect at each appointment (make an appointment for bloodwork, make an appointment for an ultrasound, etc.), but I think they're not fundamentally different. They've been at the same place with the same provider. That said, I'm with an RE until 12 weeks, so I have more appointments than some people.
  • I go here now since my EDD was changed at my appointment today.

EDD: May 18 based on dating scan

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: We had our first one today and saw a heartbeat ❤️ my OB offered us a repeat scan in two weeks for reassurance, so that’s coming up.

How are you feeling? Decent. I felt really bad for like a week and then everything cleared up, which freaked me out, but the nausea came back a little bit today. Mentally I feel much better after our scan today.

Raves/Rants: Just happy that we have a baby in there with a heartbeat.

Questions: None

GTKY: What’s your current occupation? I teach high school band and choir.
  • @soprano19 Welcome! That’s so awesome you had your first scan today&I love that your doctor offered another one soon for reassurance! My first is next week&I doubt they’ll be that generous but we’ll see. I can’t imagine how much of a relief it’ll be to hear that heartbeat! 
    Ps. Love your job! I teach high school honors English but was super into choir/dance/ theater growing up. I’m sure your job is a lot of work, but so much fun too getting to be creative with the kids everyday-how amazing!
  • @KaylaSadie thanks! I think she offered it because I had a loss the cycle before this one and I had mentioned earlier in the appointment that I was feeling anxious. It’s nice to know I’ll be seeing baby again soon ❤️

I do think I have the best job on campus! Teaching music (and arts in general) is unique in that the kids have self-selected in and are usually happy to be there 😂 plus, having such a major interest in common with all of my students gives me a big advantage when it comes to building good relationships.