Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 9/23

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/any other healthy habit! 

What healthy habit/s are you working on?

How's everything going?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

GTKY: If you were going to be on a reality TV show, which one would you pick and why? 

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 9/23

• What healthy habit/s are you working on? Staying low-carb, amping up my running

How's everything going? Pretty good - I've been the same weight for the last 3 weeks at weigh-in, but I'm staying the course. I've been trying to listen to my hunger cues, and only eat when I feel hungry. This will backfire spectacularly on me next week when my hormonal hunger starts. :D 

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I finally went through my closet and got rid of all of my too-big clothes, admitting that since I've functionally maintained my 70-ish pound loss for over a year, I can probably safely say I won't go back there again. 

GTKY: If you were going to be on a reality TV show, which one would you pick and why? I would definitely pick old school Real World. Peak seasons for me were Boston, Seattle, Hawaii. Would involve time travel, but I think it would be worth it. :D 

• What healthy habit/s are you working on?
    Just maintaining my current weight range (about a 5-pound range), getting stronger, getting back to running (rehabing a foot injury) - also, I'm practicing intuitive eating (been working on this for a year now) after a decade of macro tracking

How's everything going?
    I think it's going pretty well. My weight fluctuated all over this past week, but did drop back down to the bottom of my 5-pound range yesterday morning (didn't weigh today), so I'm trusting myself. My body seems to want to consume a LOT early in the day. Last night, though, I also got really hungry at night, so...who knows... but I didn't eat lunch yesterday either so... IDK bodies are weird.

I hit a PR on squat AND overhead press!

GTKY: If you were going to be on a reality TV show, which one would you pick and why? 

Definitely some sort of cooking show... Chopped always looked really fun, but also Top Chef... oh or maybe a singing show ...maybe America's Got Talent? I'm really bad at this picking one thing...

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • What healthy habit/s are you working on?

I have been working on my intermediate fasting (IF)  I truly love doing it and eating healthy during my eating window. I have also recently discovered chia pudding and I LOVE it! I also plan on making this the second week in a row of following the Lift 4 on beach body.  I’m on week three right now and I love lifting. I also do a little cardio afterwards.

How's everything going?

Things are going great  my body hurts, but it’s a good hurt  I just need my body to fall asleep earlier and stop waking up at 4:30, 30 minutes before my alarm goes off.

I took a picture today and my face for sure looks smaller than it has recently. I’m losing more inches than weight, atm, and I’m pretty fine with that.

This is a great question. I would want to be on Real World. All the do is party and have fun. Younger me would love that. I feel like I cannot hang anymore. 

@mvt2003 great minds think a like. I didn’t read what others said before writing mine. And great job at keeping the weight off! I have about 60 pounds to lose for me to be happy. I’m all about the slow and steady pace of things. I have been “trying” since late July, but really didn’t put in the true effort till this month. 

@saladflambe Marco counting always sounds so difficult. Maybe it’s just because I’m lazy, but it seems like a lot of work and planning. 

Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• @blackgirlmagic it's difficult at first, but then it becomes a habit - unfortunately, one I took to the extreme, so it's not a good thing for me to do.

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @blackgirlmagic I’m there with you on inches vs weight! Are you taking measurements and comparison photos? Those can be absolutely staggering even when the scale feels like it’s not moving! Also I wish I loved lifting but I’m all about cardio! 

• 45-minute Peloton ride today followed by another half-mile run...can't wait to run longer, but I know I have to ease back into it. I'll stick with half mile this week, mile 3x next week, hopefully building from there. This is aaaagonizing, but... it is what it is. Foot rehab sucks.

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited September 2019

What healthy habit/s are you working on? I’ve been very patiently and not so diligently working on losing some weight for a while now. I also need to increase my level of activity. Sitting at the computer all day is no good for fitness or health.  

How's everything going? Things have been going really well lately. I was on a work trip in NYC and I had to hustle bustle everywhere so I put in between 15,000 to 20,000 steps per day. That helped drop a little more weight.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?  When I got back from the work trip there was lots of work to do at home so I continued to average 10,000 to 15,000 steps per day. Plus I added in running a mile a day to try to get back into my running habit that I haven’t done for a few years. So far I’ve lost almost 8 pounds over the last six months and that is making a big difference in the way I look and feel. I am seriously taking it slow and steady.

GTKY: If you were going to be on a reality TV show, which one would you pick and why?  This is funny. Some of us here on TB are binge watchers of the Real Housewives trash tv franchise, myself included. I’d want to be on my own version of it with all my girlfriends that live in Texas but the only problem is we’re not bitchy and evil to each other, we’re actually friends LOL.  I’d also love to do Survivor with one of my family members because we have pretty good skills out in nature. 

• @mvt2003 I did take a before picture and I recently took another one recently and you can totally see a difference. I haven’t measured myself since the first time. But my clothes are telling me a good amount of inches are gone. I’m waiting for my thighs and hips to follow so I can fit into my size ten pants again! 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• New 45-minute output PR on the Peloton today! (Output is calculated based on a combo of resistance & speed)

• My co-worker challenged me to another Apple Watch challenge! (Silly girl! :D I've won 2 of the last 3 of these, and the one I didn't win was the week I did something nasty to one of my hip flexors and had to spend 3 weeks going to the chiropractor 2x a week!) 

I already did my morning run, going to sneak out at lunchtime for a 30 minute walk! 

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited September 2019
    @saladflambe @blackgirlmagic @mvt2003 TGIF Ladies! I’m trying to stay motivated while my work load increases a crazy amount this week. Do you have any inspiring plans for health & fitness this weekend? Thanks! 
  • @keikilove lifted today & ran half a mile ... tomorrow is my rest day. Sunday, I'll lift again & try running a mile & see if my foot can handle that. I'm also going to try to see if I can squat my body weight and for how many reps... My first squat goal is to do my body weight (140) for 5 rounds of 5 reps. Right now, my squat day has me doing 5 rounds of 6/6/8/8/10 reps, and I'm doing 115 pounds for that, so... we'll see.

• @keikilove I find my competitive streak really helps me - my Apple Watch competition is going to inspire me to get my workouts in this weekend despite the work stress. I’m also loving the fall weather, so outdoor running is my jam right now! 

• @saladflambe & @mvt2003 Thank you both for the responses. I’m also competitive—especially with myself—so I will make some goals and log those through this crazy work week that begins tomorrow. Will report back next week. Enjoy your weekends!
  • I just realized I have a half marathon in 5 weeks. So I’ll be jumping in here for some motivation 😬