May 2020 Moms

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• @ruby696 those kinds of shopping trips are exactly why DH appreciates me using grocery pick up ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ except mine were like โ€œWow! How did that family size jar of queso get in there and then into my personal bowl?!?โ€
    Wow..... might need to get queso tonight....

Also, my phone kept correcting โ€œquesoโ€ to โ€œquestโ€... no, phone. I am not going on a quest. Stop pressuring me!
  • @mokay19 A quest for more queso!ย  :lol:
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!ย  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Loading the player...
  • Mmmmm....queso! Good thing I don't need to go to the store again tonight. Plus, I still have a pie to finish off. ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • @mokay19 Oh now I want Moe's queso (a guilty pleasure) maybe tomorrow night. DH works tonight and has the car...
  • I am officially 8 weeks along today, and morning sickness hit me like a ton of bricks at around 10am today. I was fine all morning, got a lot accomplished at work, and just as I was about to begin finishing my last task, I got super nauseated and shaky. Mind you, by then I had already eaten a yogurt cup, some cheese crackers, and a banana, so it's not like my blood sugar was low. I think I just need to get more protein (I'm a pescatarian, almost completely veggie at this point).ย 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @yodamama are you sure itโ€™s not that your BP didnโ€™t drop?? I have that problem when Iโ€™m pregnant even if Iโ€™m super hydrated and Iโ€™ve been eating... as the blood volume increases, my BP just randomly drops once or twice a day. I think it usually starts between 8-10 weeks and I have it most of the rest of the pregnancy. My BP is usually pretty low to begin with.ย 
  • I've felt like absolute crap for the past week, and today is the first day I feel human. Yesterday was particularly bad... I was so nauseous in the morning while getting ready that we were late leaving the house (H and I carpool to work), which meant we didn't get coffee. Then I forgot to make some at work until it was too late, so I had a horrible caffeine withdrawal headache all day (hence why I don't quit coffee completely during pregnancy). Thankfully I slept it off and felt better this morning.
  • @yodamama are you sure itโ€™s not that your BP didnโ€™t drop?? I have that problem when Iโ€™m pregnant even if Iโ€™m super hydrated and Iโ€™ve been eating... as the blood volume increases, my BP just randomly drops once or twice a day. I think it usually starts between 8-10 weeks and I have it most of the rest of the pregnancy. My BP is usually pretty low to begin with.ย 
    That's a really great point. I was up & down all morning at work, filing papers between desks, etc, so it could have been that my BP decided to plummet. I've already experienced dizzy spells when standing too quickly, so I always make sure to take my time when getting out of bed or getting up from the couch. I'll have to be more mindful of that now that it's on my radar.

• Iโ€™ve been craving soup for a week straight. Itโ€™s very inconvenient because itโ€™s still 95 degrees outside. Get the memo uterus.ย 
  • I am barely 4 weeks pregnant and the bloat at the end of the day is unreal. I think I pulled out maternity pants around 10ish weeks last time...I'll be lucky if I make it that long.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't even realize insomnia had anything to do with early pregnancy. ย I've had issues with insomnia in the past. Prior to TTC, I was on melatonin. ย It was great, but my doctor took me once I mentioned TTC. ย Falling asleep is never a problem for me, but staying asleep is very hard. ย Last night, I was awake for at least 4 hours before I fell back to sleep about an hour before the alarm. ย 

I also have vivid dreams and nightmares. ย **TW** I had a dream that I forgot that I was pregnant and got on a very intense roller coaster. ย Of course at the end of the dream, I was spotting. ย I woke up terrified that I was spotting in real life. ย This has not been my first dream where I forget I'm pregnant and do something unsafe. ย Once, I had a dream that I was drinking wine because I forgot. ย Yikes!
  • @lizm1234 insomnia is my #1 symptom and the first thing that made me feel the need to take a test. With DS I'm pretty sure the insomnia started within a few days of ovulation because I remember complaining about it at least a few weeks before the BFP. This time around, same exact thing. I go to sleep easy..but then wake up around 2-3am and cannot go back to sleep. Last time around it got better...but also got harder to fall asleep so who knows.. I just think of it as my body mentally getting ready and practicing for baby waking up all night.ย 
  • I am not feeling good this morning. I bet it has nothing to do with the breakfast pizza and praline pecans I ate for breakfast... so much sugar!ย  ;)
    TTC#1 July 2015ย 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 โ€” MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 โ€” Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019ย 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 โ€” EDD 5/15/20

• Feeling super nauseous today, and it doesn't help that my co-workers just pulled out the white board markers! I can smell them all the way across the room - gag! I said something about the smell and immediately realized I was probably the only one who could smell it... oops.ย  :o ย ย 
  • @darkrose88 I smelled white board cleaner (smells like fishy vomit) the other day and said something. Everyone in the room thought I was crazy. I thought it might be my super smell then new students came in and complained. I guess the others were just used to it.ย 
  • I have to sip water constantly. I smell everything (good and bad). I put DD on the toilet and gagged at the smell of urine. I canโ€™t stand sweets. I get so hungry and then my digestive system is sooooo slow....good times
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks;ย 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016ย 

ย  ย Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm having very vivid sex dreams, and they're making me really want sex, but I'm still too nervous with my SCH. It's a cruel joke. Also my nausea has been really bad at night, no matter what I try to eat or not eat for dinner. And my legs feel sore and restless, like I can't get them comfortable enough when I'm trying to sleep.ย 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!ย  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll maybe your body is telling you something ๐Ÿ˜‰...

anyone else took 2 naps already today too?

• @shamrocandroll they say magnesium can help with the legs but I personally tell MH to rub them so I can fall asleep ๐Ÿ˜‚

@queenklau bahaha I hate you just a little. My youngest keep us up from 0430 this morning and I have had zero naps ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • @shamrocandroll like @mdfarmchick said, Magnesium bisglycinate should help restless legs at night. Obviously check with your provider if your not comfortable just taking it.
    TTC#1 July 2015ย 
    TTC#2 April 2019ย 

• Well, I am now to the point where my regular jeans are too uncomfortable, but I'm not quite big enough for maternity pants yet. I'm wearing my first pair right now, and while they are more comfortable than my regular jeans, I have to keep pulling them up. So, leggings & overalls are in my future.ย 

MH was checking out my blump yesterday, and he was like, "Yep, it's firm. There's a baby in there." That helped this feel more real.

• Has anyone taken unisom for the insomnia? My doctor said it was fine to take but I feel guilty for some reason.ย 
  • @michellej2020 ย I took it as needed with my first two pregnancies.ย 
  • Nausea and meat aversion are starting up. We made wings for the football game today and I was fine, but then MH made boneless Buffalo for himself and I had to leave the house I felt so sick. I also made a giant pot of soup that I can usually eat all week and not get sick of, I had 2 bowls yesterday and 2 today and I'm thinking of tossing the probably 5qt of soup I have left because just looking at it is making my stomach turn.ย 
  • @jhysmath freeze the soup! I do that all the time. You'll be glad to have it to pull out in a few months.ย 
    The nausea has started. So far so good, it's mild. I mean I feel like I am going to puke most of the time, but have actually only thrown up once. I had HG last time so praying it levels out to this.ย ย 

• I had to go to the emergency room this morning. Of course Iโ€™m the tiny percentage that gets blurry vision from the nausea patch. Spent all day there, got a new prescription that makes me fall asleep on about three minutes. Wtf.
  • Pregnancy is kicking in my end this is my fourth pregnancy and am only 7 weeks ย . The excesses saliva, congestion, nausea ย The heart burns is killing me already ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ with all my pregnancies I get heart burns through your the 9 month not pleasant at all .ย 
  • All the smells are driving me crazy. Iโ€™ve been thinking about buying a candle just to sniff when I need the relief of not smelling things. I feel like I smell yeast rolls all the time - ugh. And *tmi* I feel like I can smell my vagina all the time. Iโ€™m constantly cleaning myself and changing my underwear. Maddening. Sooooo tired. I felt like a pile of hot garbage today and didnโ€™t get anything done but a three hour nap while my other two were napping. Pretty useless over here today.ย 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jhysmath Oh man.ย  I couldn't go near MH for like 2 days after he ate something with buffalo last time.ย  I would make him sleep in the guest room, because the smell would permeate the walls of the bedroom, I swear.ย ย 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!ย  8/24/19

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin I already dumped it and almost threw up dumping it. I don't think I could have handled putting it into containers to freeze it.ย 

@shamrocandroll The buffalo isn't bad. I can eat that on anything, it's the meat that gets to me, which is extra weird because I'm a pretty heavy meat eater.ย 
  • @jhysmath Yeah, I couldn't do meat last time either. But for some reason, buffalo used to super emphasize the meat smell and make it linger forever.ย  It was the worst!ย  And I am also a meat eater.ย  It's started a little bit already this time, too.ย ย 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!ย  8/24/19

• Oh man.... the meats....I feel you all!
    We feed our dog homemade food, which includes steamed meats (chicken/pork) plus veggies, starch. I could not pull out the meat from the container without gagging this Past week. I told DH I could feed him the rice and veggies but not the meat, that was on him. I am gagging just thinking about it...

• I continue to wake up at 5:15am having to pee. Too late to easily fall back asleep, and too early to feel rested. Bleh.ย 
  • We do our meal planning a week at a time and get all of our groceries for the week at once.ย  This week, MH wanted burritos, and pork (carnitas style) was the only kind of meat that sounded the least bit appealing to me.ย  So last night MH made carnitas in the Instant Pot, and it was a huge, huge mistake.ย  It made the whole house smell like meat, and I had to lock myself in my room to get away from it.ย ย 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!ย  8/24/19

• @knottie9e9848c203e9b39e Hi! Can you please check out this thread with instructions on how to change your username. It is too hard to recognize the KnottieNames and makes it difficult to get to know you and interact with you. Thanks!
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12746587/knottie-usernames#latest
    TTC#1 July 2015ย 
    TTC#2 April 2019ย 

• runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited September 2019
    Lurking from the non existent June 2020 board.ย 
    Insomnia is just awful. I am always up between 1 and 3. My 9 month old is up for a bottle around 3 so I am up until 330 and then he's up at 530 for the day. So tired...

My boobs have stopped hurting which has me freaked out. Has anyone else's pain come and go? I don't remember having it so early or the back and forth last time.ย 
  • @runwmusic My sore boobs have been coming and going as well.ย ย 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!ย  8/24/19

• Iโ€™m with everyone on the meat aversions. DH grilled chicken last night and I had to leave the dinner table because the smell was so bad. Iโ€™ve been living on protein shakes and baked potatoes lately.ย 
  • I was a vegetarian prior to my first pregnancy (since I was 11! so like 19 years,) and was super anemic, so I HAD to eat meat. It was horrible.ย 
    This time I am craving meat, and sweets are disgusting. Whatever, I'll take it.
    @newmomtx06 My husband was making me loaded mashed potatoes last time! It absolutely helped me keep it down.ย 

• Stms, did you experience similar symptoms? I have been nervous for not feeling worse but I'm only 5 weeks today. First tri is so nerve wracking.ย  :s