Group 1 (April 1-8) Check-in Week of 9/23

EDD/W+D:

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something you are REALLY looking forward to once baby is born? 

Re: Group 1 (April 1-8) Check-in Week of 9/23

• EDD/W+D: April 8 | 12w0d 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife is now coming October 4th! Really looking forward to that. 

How are you feeling? I have had a headache every day now. :( But feeling a little more energy. 

Raves/Rants: My one year old slept 7 hours straight last night!! 🙌🏼

Questions: None

Drinking coffee without being worried! And feeling like our family is complete. ♥️
  • EDD/W+D: April 8, 12 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:
    Finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Plum

Upcoming Appointments: 
    October 3rd with the midwife 

How are you feeling? Pretty good! I had a headache today for the first time and my 12 week update on this app told me to expect headaches. I told my coworkers today and everyone was really happy and excited for me, so today was a good day mentally. 

Raves/Rants: 
    We got an email at work yesterday that we now have a 4 week fully paid parental leave policy! Such good timing, since we had nothing before except short term disability. 

Questions: 
    🤷🏼‍♀️

Experiencing the unconditional love that everyone talks about from becoming a mom. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 4/5 12+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: we found out yesterday - team pink!!

Baby is the size of a(n): apricot!

Upcoming Appointments: just had a checkup and ultrasound yesterday. The cyst is shrinking and they are not concerned about it. Baby was stretching like crazy! We also got the M21 results - everything looks great. 

How are you feeling? Still terrible!

Raves/Rants: I’m ready to feel better.  I’m really falling behind on some work-related stuff. 

Questions: none!

GTKY: What is something you are REALLY looking forward to once baby is born? I’m excited to see my kids play and be cute together. 
  • EDD/W+D: April 6th 12+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! 

Upcoming Appointments: Had one today! I heard the baby’s heartbeat for the first time! 

How are you feeling? Nausea is slowly getting better but still feeling exhausted 

Raves/Rants: I’m permanently stuck on night shift mode. I have a stretch of 3 nights tomorrow so it’s not going to get any better! 

Questions: Has anyone announced on SM yet? I’m undecided if I will or not. I still have a bunch of close friends to tell. It’s crazy being at the 3 month mark where most people announce but I’m not quite ready for that yet! I still have lots of coworkers who don’t know. 

GTKY: What is something you are REALLY looking forward to once baby is born? Baby snuggles & seeing what he or she looks like! 
  • EDD/W+D: April 7th 12+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Apricot 

Upcoming Appointments: Next week 13 wk ultrasound with the OB, first time meeting the doc! My care center has a "team" approach (2 docs, 1 midwife) and I've only met the midwife on my team so far.

How are you feeling? Anxious - I'm a planner and in full nesting mode and I just don't see how it all gets done and ready in less than 6 months!

Raves/Rants: Do people ever stop asking you how you're feeling when you're pregnant? It is exhausting talking about being exhausted. 

Questions:

GTKY: What is something you are REALLY looking forward to once baby is born? Maternity leave! 

@kath1414 - we announced on social super early (week 9) since most of our close friends and family knew we were doing fertility treatments and knew we were pregnant almost right away it wasn't that big of a stretch. 
  • EDD/W+D: April 7 / 12+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out, but might keep it to ourselves or only tell a few select people

Upcoming Appointments: Just had one on Tuesday and all was well! Next appointment scheduled for October 23. I also have a dentist appointment coming up October 8. 

How are you feeling? Well, I thought I was feeling better because I finally craved vegetables again this weekend, but the last two days I’ve been nauseous in the afternoon/evenings again. I was also very anxious leading up to my appointment, but feeling better knowing baby is growing!

Raves/Rants: Work has been busy lately, and I just want it to slow down, so I can catch up! Especially since I made a list of what I will need to have done or in place before taking leave in the spring, and I’m not sure when it will all happen!

Questions: No questions. 

GTKY: Mostly meeting our little one and confirming baby is healthy. 

@babyrummom Congratulations on paid leave! I haven’t told my work/coworkers yet because the company is currently considering a paid plan and I don’t want the decision makers to be influenced knowing I would need it next year!

@kath1414 I haven’t shared the news on social, and I don’t think I will until around Thanksgiving. I’m slowly telling some extended family and friends with phone calls or text messages. I’m asking them to keep it off social until I post something later on. 

@danibean19 I am also a planner, but so far I have resisted thinking too far ahead (primarily because it stresses me out!)...I think I will come up with my to-do list in the next few weeks and spend the winter months nesting and preparing. Good luck to you!
  • @kath1414 We have told work this week and some of our close friends. I think we might announce on social media next week at 13 weeks, but I don’t know what to post yet. 
  • Edd: April 2, 13 weeks 1 day 

Team Blue! Found out at 12 weeks! 

Baby is the size of a daisy. 

Upcoming Appointments: October 8 for a 15 week check up. 

How are are you feeling: last week I finally felt like I had some energy back, but then came down with a cold yesterday. I knew I was bound to get sick though, all my students have been for 3+ weeks. 

Questions: any ideas on how I should tell my students? Someone recommended playing a game of hangman. 

GTKY: 
    I am excited for my husband to hold our son for the first time and see him melt into a puddle of tears and happiness. 

• @jfjf19 Congrats on team blue! 💙 

And yes, seeing my DH become a father for the first time was so special. I haven’t told him this, but seeing him cry as each of our babies were born is one the the most special parts of the birthing process for me. Our family is very close. 
  • @danibean19 that’s so cool your clinic has a “team” including a midwife! Who does the deliveries? Or do they have an on call rotation?  

I worked last last night for the first time after having 2 weeks off and only one of my coworkers that was working knows I’m pregnant. I debated whether I should tell the others but I still feel like keeping it a secret. I always thought I’d tell everyone early because I thought it would be obvious by not feeling well/ tired/ etc. (I work on a maternity ward so everyone’s always onto who is pregnant lol) but now it feels like some sort of game to see how long I can hide it! 😆 
  • EDD/W+D: April 3 -12 wks 6 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Finding Out

Upcoming Appointments: October 10th

How are you feeling? Nausea is getting better but still exhausted.  Luckily, I'm on break from work for the next two weeks to try and catch up on sleep.

Raves/Rants: I was not this sick with my boys.  Lol.  Also, I had blood tests done at 8 wks to check my thyroid levels (I'm hypothyroid) and I didn't hear anything.  At my 10 wks, they tried checking them but were having issues and said they'd call.  They didn't but I assumed that meant everything was fine.  This week, I got my results in my lab portal a month later and my numbers are off.  So I've gone a month with my thyroid functioning too low.  I tried calling 3 different days and finally got a decent answer but the Dr was in surgeries.  Come to find out they were having issues getting results from the lab but things should be sorted out.  Hopefully I hear something on Monday but I'm freaking out.    

Questions: Other than any other hypothyroid mamas have this problem?

GTKY: What is something you are REALLY looking forward to once baby is born? Nursing, cuddling, cloth diapering, babywearing and spending time with family.  This will be my last baby <3  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Sincera4 I had my labs drawn 2 weeks ago and they just said they'd review them with me at my next visit, which frustrated me too. My midwife had said also that the recommendations currently are to increase levothyroxine dose by 30% during pregnancy due to increased metabolic demand regardless even if TSH is normal. I havent personally researched that to have a reliable source to quote but you could look it up and see if you find that info somewhere reliable (like not Web MD) and discuss with your provider.
  • mwill291mwill291 member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/W+D: April 1, 13w4d today since I'm late posting

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 10

How are you feeling? Still very anxiously awaiting the results of the CVS test we did since the NT scan was abnormal. I'm very worried but physically feeling great now, with the exception of very mild nausea that still creeps up by bedtime. I'm definitely starting to show, this being baby #3

Raves/Rants: we had my daughter's 2nd birthday yesterday and she had the best time ever. Her little face just lit up when she realized we were all singing to her! It made my day.

Questions: I'm just having a hard time deciding when to tell people about the pregnancy due to the abnormal NT. I feel sad that I havent been able to really enjoy this pregnancy so far due to the worry that everything with baby may not be okay and due to *TW* .....previous loss at 10 weeks. ...end *TW* I'm just not sure when I'll feel comfortable announcing. Anybody have any ideas? I don't want to tell everyone and then something happen.

GTKY: What is something you are REALLY looking forward to once baby is born? Just hoping and praying to be able to bring home a healthy baby and see how my 2 kids are with one more (the last!) Addition to the family.

*Edited to change how far along I am because I initially wrote 12w3d because pregnancy brain I guess.
  • @mwill291 I think it is fine to wait to announce as long as you need. I told someone uncomfortably early (for me) and I literally had shaking hands and felt unwell. It’s much nicer to wait until you feel good about doing it. I am also showing quite a bit now but the people I just told this week were genuinely shocked. I think we probably notice our own bodies more than others do. 
  • @kath1414 - There is always one of the team members on call, but there are 4 or 5 teams in the practice so there are extra docs and midwives on call. So, if you have a preference for a midwife and your team's isn't on call you can ask to be delivered by another team's. They said near the end they try to get you facetime with all the docs/midwives in the practice so no matter what it's a familiar face, especially if you have a preference.